THERAPUTIC POST-IMPLANT PUMPING : MORE PAIN MORE GAIN?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rlm1818

Re: THERAPUTIC POST-IMPLANT PUMPING : MORE PAIN MORE GAIN?

Postby rlm1818 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:10 am

Dave48003 wrote:The only device that will gain length is the AMS 700LGX. The CX will gain girth (as will the LGX) but not length. I'm not sure about the Titan.

I don't want to overly nitpick here, but I think this could be misinterpreted. It is true that the Titan and CX don't stretch lengthwise and the LGX does. However, that doesn't mean that those implanted with the CX or Titan won't see length gains as they begin theraputic pumping. Or for that matter that those with an LGX will, though most do.

I have no medical expertise, and I'm sure there are many factors I don't understand or know about. But here are a couple. The first and very important issue is how the device is sized relative to the potential of the penis for length and future stretching. If the Titan or CX is sized to accomodate some future stretch (arguably somewhat "oversized" compared to initially measured size) then the penis will tend to stretch over time until the full length of the unit is reached. I've written several times before that I think that's what happened to me. I gained about 1/4 inch over about 3 months during early pumping. My doctor told me he sized me and listed the measurement as 22cm, but that the actual measurement was "closer to 21cm". Similarly, for the LGX implantee to see increases in length, the LGX must be sized to allow for increases. If the LGX guy is sized so that the full length expansion of the LGX is achieved during the initial inflations, there won't be any future increases... though I think the point of getting an LGX is to size it more aggressively than that.

Another factor is that, I'm told, scar tissue starts to form around all the implant components almost immediately. One reason to do theraputic pumping, in addition to try to get length and girth expansion, is to break up scar tissue and prevent new scar tissue from forming. I assume that for many implantees, regardless of which device they have, some scar tissue that develops during the early healing phase might limit the initial pumped size. As that breaks up there will also be gains.

Probably there are other factors at work.

Also worth mentioning is that even with the Titan and CX, most see differences between flaccid and erect length. With the Titan most cases I've read about are in the 3/4 to 1 inch range. When not pumped up, the units collapses a bit, and only assumes its full length when pumped up.

Finally, there is the oft discussed issue of whether the length expanding characteristics of the LGX leads to longer erections compared to those with a Titan or CX once the full potential of the device is reached. There are quite a few highly experienced implant surgeons who say there is either no difference, or minimal difference, assuming correctly sized units. I'd guess, but have no proof, that getting sizing right for the CX and Titan is more difficult since there's less margin for error. The length expanding characteristics of the LGX might cover up minor sizing errors. Its interesting to me that there are no published studies that I can find that either support or refute the idea that the LGX leads to longer final length. I would think AMS would really want to study this issue, and if there is an advantage to the LGX, that they would want to publicize the heck out of it for marketing reasons. So that fact that none of us (that I am aware of) have ever heard of such a study would tend so support the idea there's not much difference in the long run. Guys with LGX's do tend to see more gains from initial pumped size to their final pumped size, but it seems to me that guys with Titans and CX's just start out a somewhat bigger with their first pumping.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

inthezone

Re: THERAPUTIC POST-IMPLANT PUMPING : MORE PAIN MORE GAIN?

Postby inthezone » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:05 pm

It looks like my AMS lengthens longer than my suspensory ligament, forming an upward curve when fully pumped. I only see girth increase when I pump with two hands. Usually it takes a total of pumping 20 times until temporary discomfort, then waiting a half hour and pumping another 30 times. I'm 5 months into it.
AMS 700 LGX Feb 2013.

Return to “Implants”