pump placement

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
angelbob

pump placement

Postby angelbob » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Just had a Titan implant. I was told to start trying to place the pump in the scrotum after 4 days possurgery. This is confusing as it seems to go back to a low area in thew scrotum whr it hurts when I sit. Any suggestions?

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: pump placement

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Well 4 days out ... no matter what you do will be painful. The majority of us have the pump resting at the very bottom ... and that's most likely what your URO meant ... To keep pulling the pump down to prevent the scar tissue from forming around the tubing. As for sitting ... try an inflatable donut cushion. You can find them at most major pharmacies or at Amazon ($12)
donut.jpg
donut.jpg (13.72 KiB) Viewed 4195 times

I still use mine everyday ... and works great to take with you in the car, sporting events, etc.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

angelbob

Postby angelbob » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Thanks for the info on the pump placement & the sitdown ring. I'm now 5 days post titan implant. Just want to be sure all ok. The home nurse had a difficult time removing the JP drain from me but with a lot of pain finally did it. The surgeon left the implant about 1/2 erect. Is this normal? They also said they were not able to push the implant past the beginnings of the glans & I wonder if this is going to cause me a problem when ready for sex. In all honesty my girlfriend & I love anal sex & i'm worried about penetration with a soft head. Pain a little better & still taking anti-biotcs for another 4 days. Hope to hear comments to ease my concern.

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:17 pm

I have an AMS 700LGX and there is about 1/2" of soft flesh that extends out past the hard tips of the implant cylinders. I would recommend pumping as soon as the doc allows and hopefully get the cylinders to extend outward a bit. Good luck!
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:05 pm

angelbob wrote: The surgeon left the implant about 1/2 erect. Is this normal? .

Many here have reported the same thing. Apparently part of what you see is being half pumped and part is swelling of the tissue due to the surgery and that will go down over days or weeks of healing.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

angelbob

Titan implant 6/10/13

Postby angelbob » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Most 0f my swelling & pain in the scrotum subsided after now 1 week post titan implant, however, I am now getting pains in the penis, feeling the implant about 1/2 erect in surgery seems to have a few bumpy places which are pressing on the wall of the penis causing pain. Is this normal. ? I have appt. with my surgeon at 2 week post surgery to tell him. Also I notice most posts say to rest the penis on the abdomen but doing this seems to pull on my stitches & cAUSE PAIN. I therefore am leaving the penis semi erect pointed down about 1/2 way from full horizontal to full flaccid. Can anyone tell me if all this seems normal. Finishing up on antibiotics tomorrow. Not taking vicadin too much but rather advil at times. When can I get to take a warm bath? I'm now post 7 days. Thanks guys

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 am

You may want to check with your doc about not having it against the belly. The pain may not be the stitches, but the pump adhering to the inside of your scrotum. See if the pump is following your penis when you point it upward. If so, you will need to work it loose.
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

angelbob

Postby angelbob » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:14 am

Just ordered a donut. Yes, its hard to sit even after 8 days

angelbob

Postby angelbob » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:17 pm

onut helps but still a lot of pain in penis. Doc said I could inflate & deflate but when inflated seems like penis is going to burst with outward pressure & a lot of pan. Doc says this is stretching & wil subside. Hope so because the pain overcomes any sexua feeling that's potential

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:38 pm

angelbob wrote:Hope so because the pain overcomes any sexua feeling that's potential

If it is painful ... you may be pumping too much at a time. Try pumping until a point where it starts to be uncomfortable ... then wait a while and add a pump or so, and repeat (as needed). This (pumping rehab) is a long process ... pumping until it's painful will not gain you any size improvements.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Return to “Implants”