AMS 700LGX -- excited about surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
chandlerman4649

Re: AMS 700LGX -- excited about surgery

Postby chandlerman4649 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:09 am

Only 9 more days until surgery and I don't know how I will make it through this week. The waiting is unbearable. Thanks to all of you for posting your experiences, suggestions and well-wishes on this site. It's amazing.

Come on, July 9....what's taking you so long?

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

thephenix

Postby thephenix » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:25 am

Chandlerman ...

Just a week to go. Want to wish you the best for your adventure on the 9th. I will be going on vacation and won't be on-line till after your surgery. Keep positive thoughts.

Saw my primary today and he is referring me to a uro. Didn't even ask why!

Pete
73, ED for 15 yrs or so, no prostate problems, pills only partially effective

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Guys,

It's now only four days away from my LGX implant. My uro went over my list of meds and two of the meds he asked me to stop taking 7 days before surgery were for arthritis. I've been off them since July 2 and today I have soooo much arthritis pain in my right hip and right shoulder, I had to call in sick for work and also will not go to work tomorrow (Saturday). From then on I will be on medical leave for 5 weeks so at least the work pressure if off my back!

In all the excitement I've discovered a hidden situation...if you are on meds that potentially thin the blood and control swelling for arthritis, be prepared to suffer in pain until after surgery. I have found that hot packs on my hip helps some but I'm sure the pain wouldn't disappear until I get back on my arthritis meds.

Even so......how can I make this weekend go faster? It is absolutely the most difficult waiting I have ever done and I can't wait to be rolled into the OR and have 15 years of pain, embarrassment, disappointment and that "no intercourse" wall between my wife and I torn down and I (We) will begin rebuilding our physical relationship. And as some of you men have mentioned, we anticipate the sex will be even greater and more meaningful than when we were younger.

July 9..get here fast.

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

rschweiger

Postby rschweiger » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Hey Bob,
Congrats on the upcoming implant! I wish u the best w/your recovery.
In speed,pain, and getting that connection back,I'm sure you'll find it a few more days and a recovery ahead of you.........then a brand new you. There will be nomore more dark spots on that topic anymore,it will give u back everything plus.
I know w/me it gave me more confidence then I ever had,amazing feeling like a man will do for one.
Anyway best of luck......Rich.

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:37 am

Thanks Rich. Tomorrow (07/09) is my surgery! I have been soooo excited about how this surgery is going to change my life and my relationship with my wife. We BOTH have struggled with ED for 15 years and I know that the instant my doctor makes an incision in my scrotum to install an AMS700LGX, all the pain, embarrassment, frustration and anger will be lifted from BOTH our shoulders and as I told my wife yesterday, I'll have the pain...We both will have the gain!

My biggest problem right now is that my doctor has taken me off all my meds for arthritis pain and depression so emotionally I am spending a lot of my time worrying (and being quite emotional) about the outcome (the size) of the surgery rather than focus on the positives. I have been following a daily vacuum therapy protocol of pumping for 20 minutes, twice a day for over 4 months. According to the doctors who have been following their patients for the last ten years (Advances in Sexual Medicine Online Journal, January, 2013) I should be able to gain an additional 3-4 cm over patients who don't follow a stretching protocol. Last week during my pre-op appointment with my uro, we discussed this information and he is a bit more conservative about size gain....more likely around 1-3 cm gain using the stretching protocol but he also admits I might experience a bigger gain since I have been doing the" stretching" for over 4 months.

My biggest fear is that I know when I wake up in recovery tomorrow afternoon, all the information I’ve collected from doctors’ videos, roundtable discussions, my trade journal reading (Urology Today, October, 2009 & Advances in Sexual Medicine Online Journal, January, 2013) etc. as well as my understandings, expectations and desire to change and improve the outcome of my surgery…all that will be tossed aside and what I’ll have left is the REALITY of looking down and seeing the ACTUAL results of the surgery. That’s what scares the bejeebers out of me.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I try to get through today, get some sleep tonight and have surgery tomorrow. Right now I feel I need all the support I can get.

Thanks and God bless.

Bob

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Guys,
Tuesday, July 9: I am just leaving for the hospital for my AMS700LGX implant surgery. I should be home tomorrow (07/10) around noon. I will try to let you all know how things went IF I can use my laptop lying down flat on my bed :D

BOB

rschweiger

Postby rschweiger » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:33 am

Hey bob, hope all went well and your comfortable.
Don't put any unneeded stress on yourself my friend,I got my implant before I found this site and am kinda glad I did.so I just went into my surgery feet first worried about one thing,that when all was said and done I could be a man again.
And when I wld get concerned bout size I wld think,any size hard was way better then wht I had......even if it were 12in. It was still unusable,and u shldnt lose much if any,,I'm atleast back or a little above where I was.I'm just happy my mental state doesn't include thise situation anylonger.

Speedy recovery,
Rich.

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi Guys, New member of the Bionic club here as of 3pm on 07/09!!! And I have the "membership card" to prove it. ONLY I CAN'T FIND A WAY TO POST THE PICTURE HERE! CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Everything went great! My uro and his surgical team were fantastic to work with and did everything possible to help me feel like I was being treated in respect and dignity, especially given the nature of this surgery. I am now home from the hospital a bit sore and it still is hard to empty my bladder since I had the catheter in overnight.

My uro removed the bandages around 7:30 this morning and then helped me measure and asked me to hold my rock-hard penis something that I have not been able to produce for a loooong time.

He had it inflated to 85% overnight so he deflated it to about 25% this morning and wants me to leave it at that level until next Tuesday. Then he wants me to start pumping it up once a day for 1 hour. So when I go back to see him in two weeks, he feels that I should be very well versed in the operation of my AMS700LGX.

It was a peno-scrotal incision and he had to go through some mesh from my hernia repairs but he didn't need to make a second incision.

More fantastic news:

Pre-op measurements: flaccid = 4" length & 4.5 " in girth. erect (with chemical induced erection): 5.5" length & 5.5" girth.

Post-op measurements: flaccid 5.25" length & 5" girth. Erect (pumped to about 80%): 5.75 ="length & 5.50" girth

AND the LGX should be capable of increasing all the erect numbers! I never thought he would get even close to my pre-op erect length but instead, he surpassed it. He credits that to my following a daily vacuum therapy protocol of pumping 20 minutes twice a day for the past 4 months. Made all the difference in the world.

Tired and sore....going to lay down with some meds and ice. Will sent more info later.

Only VERY happy guy,

Bob
[/img]

thephenix

Postby thephenix » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:40 am

Chandlerman

Glad to hear everything went well with your surgery. Have you tried Curcumin for your arthritis?

Take it easy and follow the doctor's instructions. Enjoy!!

Pete
73, ED for 15 yrs or so, no prostate problems, pills only partially effective

Return to “Implants”