My Journey Thus far.......

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
fredgermanholes

Re: My Journey Thus far.......

Postby fredgermanholes » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:48 pm

I finally start to schedule my implant. It really is freaking me out. But I know that a solution has to be found. My DR perform many many Implant using TITAN and also he can implant the AMS LGX. I would like ask you how are going so far with the TITAN. Any change in size so FAR? Any issue have show up?

Regards

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Sat May 09, 2020 7:45 pm

I don't know if Minnesota posts on here anymore, but would love to hear an update 10 years out from his implant. Wondering if it's working well still, any problems, or undergone any revisions/upsizing since that time?
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Hello Men! I'm Back!
Minnesota here. 31 years old and just Friday (10/2/2020) I received a new implant. I experienced a device failure after 11 great implanted years. My surgery was completed by Dr. Kohler at Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN (my backyard) and recovery is going great.

I can't believe the difference in my recovery thus far when compared to my "virgin" case. I suppose some of that could be due to never having an erection before and scar tissue building over time.

Looking forward to jumping into more conversations! Also, Paul had me as a guest on his podcast "How's It Hanging" - Look for it soon!
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:40 pm

welcome back! Did you end up gaining length after you were implanted and were they able to upside you on the replacement? No pain really?
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

October26

Postby October26 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:56 pm

Minnesota wrote:Hello Men! I'm Back!
Minnesota here. 31 years old and just Friday (10/2/2020) I received a new implant. I experienced a device failure after 11 great implanted years. My surgery was completed by Dr. Kohler at Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN (my backyard) and recovery is going great.

I can't believe the difference in my recovery thus far when compared to my "virgin" case. I suppose some of that could be due to never having an erection before and scar tissue building over time.

Looking forward to jumping into more conversations! Also, Paul had me as a guest on his podcast "How's It Hanging" - Look for it soon!

Could you recommend Mayo and could you describe what the procedure and recovery was? Did they leave you inflated after you went home? Thanks!
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:19 pm

fredgermanholes wrote:I finally start to schedule my implant. It really is freaking me out. But I know that a solution has to be found. (edited for focus)

I am not you and my level of comfort trusting another person with my body parts is, of course, different from yours, but I have my experience to relate:

I once had a spinal imaging done. Knowing there was a guy standing behind me and going to stab me in the back with a huge needle (any size needle seemed HUGE to me at the time). I was definitely uncomfortable.

Decades later, asking a guy to cut into my penis, scrotum and belly was not fearful at all.

The difference? Necessity and knowledge.

I wanted to be able to have erections and to have coital sex. An implant was necessary, as no other solutions were adequate. So, I researched....and researched...and interviewed. I scoured the internet for medical journal articles and interviewed several surgeons until I was certain about the procedure and found a surgeon who I trusted and who trusted me.

For me, going into the surgery from there was no freaking of any kind.

Knowledge dispels fear.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

nuance

Postby nuance » Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:30 am

Minnesota wrote:Hello Men! I'm Back!

Did anyone find his podcast episode?

Return to “Implants”