implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
slob1934

implant

Postby slob1934 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:44 pm

I had an AMS LGX installed last January. The surgeon was Dr. Paul Block. Phoenix, Az.
The surgery went well. Recovery was non eventful and fairly pain free. I waited several months before my Dr. showed me how to use the pump.
At that time he told me the tubes did not penetrate into the tip of my penis.He says the reason the tubes did not go all the way was because of non use.That is true since Prostate surgery 3 years ago.I did use a VED several times a week. He said he could do a surgery that would somehow fold the head back.I elected not to do that surgery.
The bottom line is the pump itself works as it should. however because the head is floppy sexual penetration is not possible.
I am 76 years old and I would prefer not to go thru another surgery.
I personally think he did not put the tool, used to clear the space for the tubes, all the way into the head.
Has any one else had a similar experience like this?
Any sugestions on what I should do? I thought he should re do the installation. He said it is my anatomy and that is all that can be done.

jackpTenn

Re: implant

Postby jackpTenn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:52 pm

You should have had the implant activated for use at about 6 weeks. Why did he wait months?

When first activated a properly sized LGX will extand to the glans. Over the next several weeks it will expand into the glans about 1cm. Sounds like yours does not even reach the glans.

Are you sure you are getting the implant fully inflated? Try this:

However, you may prefer to use both hands (left-hand thumb over right-hand thumb on front side of the inflate bulb, with left-hand index finger over right-hand index finger on back side of the bulb) to squeeze the inflate bulb HARD/FAST to “pop” the valve into the inflate position, rather than just using one hand on the inflate bulb. This method will stabilize the inflate bulb between your fingers and provide you with double the squeeze strength.

Be sure that after each complete squeeze of the inflate bulb, you relax your fingers and allow the bulb to refill. To give slight, partial squeezes will only increase greatly the number of squeezes you have to give the pump bulb because you’ll be pushing very little fluid into the cylinders with each little squeeze.

After the initial very HARD/FAST squeeze of the pump to activate it, each subsequent squeeze of the inflate bulb is done with firmness.

Follow the deflate instructions as shown in the AMS 700MS User’s Guide.

Best regards,
AMS/Worldwide Senior Patient Liaison
PH: 800-328-3881, ext. 6261

User tip:By David

Fully depress the inflation bulb and hold it for 3-4 seconds after it is depressed. Release your grip on it and wait 5-8 seconds while the bulb refills with saline solution from the reservoir. Repeat that process over and over until the desired firmness is achieved. A stinging sensation is noticeable as the the corpora cavernosa is stretched tighter and tighter -- a sensation that will disappear over time.
Jack

If this does now work you may have a undersized implant by a unskilled doctor.

Let me know how this works.

Jack
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

slob1934

Postby slob1934 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:32 am

In answer to Elizabeth, the tubes do not reach the glans. In fact the one on the left is about 1/8 inch short of the glans ridge.The other stops at the ridge.
Also I have tried the two handed method of inflation.still after many months of pumping there is no movement of the tubes.
Thank you Jack for your response.

jackpTenn

Postby jackpTenn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:02 pm

From what you describe there is a problem. Get a copy of your medical records from the doctor and hospital where the implant was preformed. Also call Elizabeth Rea at ASM and get a copy of your Patient Information Form (PIF).

It is probaly time to consider a revision or at least a consultation. The only doctor in the world I would let do it at this stage is Dr. Milam at Vanderbilt. He fixes problems made by other doctors and does a "ton" of revisions.

I know you do not want to go through another procedure, but with the right doctor you will be gland you did.

If you need Dr. Milam's contact information just let me know.

Jack
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

slob1934

Postby slob1934 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:27 am

Thanks Jack,
I will use the pump as you and Elizabeth suggested.However, the real problem is the cylinders do not extend into the glans.
You are right I think a revision is in order.

Return to “Implants”