May 16 had implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rondeb14

May 16 had implant

Postby Rondeb14 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Had my implant done may 16 , 4 days later
I'm in pain and bruised ,swollen and for some reason he
Doc. Wants it to be in semi position for 2 weeks then he said he would deflate.
It's very uncomfortable. Don't think I can go to work may 20
Doc. Said be off a week. I'm walking around holding scrotum and in pain

greggshere

Re: May 16 had implant

Postby greggshere » Mon May 20, 2013 6:36 am

Dude trying to go to work and walking around only a few days after the surgery is a no-no. You need to rest, keep it iced and basically set yourself up the best to heal and have a good recovery. Your body will let you know when you are recovered enough to go to work. I took four weeks off for mine and although at two weeks I felt good enough to return to work, I'm glad I took four. Even then when I first went back to work, sitting at a desk all day was somewhat uncomfortable. I couldn't make everyone happy sitting in one place all day. I've heard about those who are good to go after a week or two, but I think those are far and few between. Lay down and take it easy.

GaryRN

Postby GaryRN » Mon May 20, 2013 7:37 am

Stay off of your feet for 2 weeks as much as you can. Even a sitting job does harm. Gravity works against you. Sitting in a recliner all day is not wise either, unless you are laying flat. One of the best things to do is to roll up a towel and lay on your back and put that towel underneath your scrotum. That will help. That ice ice in a ziplock wrapped in a towel above the penis and underneath the scrotum. Also take warm showers with a hand held device and /or warm soaks when your doc says you can do that. All of those and Motrin helped me. My scrotum was the size of a grapefruit 2 days after surgery. The day after surgery it was navel orange size and just got worse. I had to walk around the house naked holding my scrotum to go to the kitchen for a bite or to my chair or to bed or the toilet. When our girl came home from school I had to dress and wore men's string bikini underwear from Walmart. That is the only underwear I can wear, as it supports me the most. The first 3 weeks, I had to wear them backwards with suspenders.
The main thing is to be off of your feet and be flat most of the time. Do not lift anything.

look at my site
victoryovererectiledysfunction.blogspot.com

Thanks, Gary
PS my surgery was on 4-9-13.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Rondeb14 wrote:Don't think I can go to work may 20
Doc. Said be off a week. I'm walking around holding scrotum and in pain

I think your Doc was misleadingly optimistic. Yeah, there are some guys (including me) who were maybe ready to go back to work in a week (if it didn't involve lifting or a lot of activity). My doc told me to plan more like two weeks though. And, there are any number of guys who have reported their experiences who needed to be out longer than that, sometimes even a lot more. Everyone is different.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

Steven1111

Postby Steven1111 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Rondeb14,

Congratulations on your new implant. I had mine done a week before yours on the 9th. And man was I sore for those first few days! I was swollen and I hurt Bad. Ice was my best friend and some painkillers. Don't be afraid to take some if you need them. You'll heal a lot faster if you're not in so much pain. It's been proven that this works in studies with pain and recovery. I just took it easy and would agree with everything you've read so far. At almost 2 weeks now I'm in Much less pain and feeling pretty damn happy and good. Just take it easy and don't push yourself. This isn't a contest to see how fast you can heal. It's your body and it knows best. Good luck to you.

All the best,
Steve
64 year old gay man. Brachytherapy Radiation for Prostate Cancer Oct. 2010. Permanent ED Nov. 2012. Failed pills, pumps and injections. Happily implanted with AMS CX May 9th, 2013. Sex Rocks again! Thanks to everyone for such caring support.

Rondeb14

Postby Rondeb14 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:39 pm

June 3 started the practice on pump.
When I push deflate button it hurts
Some what. I do not know how much
Pressure is needed on release button.
I'm not getting it all inflated , like semi
and it's uncomfortable. Any suggestions ?

Bxguy1

Postby Bxguy1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Why is your Dr giving you the ok to pump? Unless you are really well healed then it is much too early to be inflating and deflating! Usually the window to begin pumping is around 7 weeks..if you are not mostly healed (sounds like your not) then your dr shoulnt be telling you to pump yet..unless your doing it on your own and in that case you could be getting yourself into big trouble! Be careful and double check with your doc. and ask him the question..why pump now??

Good luck to you and welcome to the bionic club!
54 y/o and suffered from organic ED (peyronies) for 10+ yrs. Pills stopped working, injections too painful and VED not for us.
Implanted on May 7, 2013 with 24 cm C/P Titan zero angle by Dr. Eid, NYC.

venousleak1990born

Postby venousleak1990born » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:42 pm

any size lose?
Implanted with Coloplast Genesis MALLEABLE on Jan 2024.
I have had venous leakage.
I didnt like the side effects of PDE5 inhibitors.
So far, I am very happy with the Coloplast Genesis.
I am from Türkiye.

Return to “Implants”