Had an appointment with Dr Kramer today

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
proactive

Had an appointment with Dr Kramer today

Postby proactive » Tue May 07, 2013 3:31 pm

50 years old. Diabetic You may or may not remember me from my New years trip to the ER on Jan 1 2012 on the injections discussion board. I have developed Peyronies since then. Got a 45 degree bend about 2 thirds of the way up since that developed in Aug 2012. I decided to go with Dr. Kramer. He was closer than Dr. Eiad or Miliman and he had very good reviews here. Very personable. I did not feel like I was being rushed at all. He spent about 45 min with me. He recommended the Titan but said he would be happy to put in an LGX if I wanted it. He thought the Titan gave a more rigid penis for intercourse and since I had peyronies he thought it would be better for that as well. He had a box with a LGX and Titians as well as 2 piece and the solid rods. We spent about 10 min going over them with him pointing out the differences between each device.

It looks as though I will probably lose about .5 inches to .75 over my previous (2011) length. I was 6 before so I guess as long as I am over 5 i can deal with that. It will be fat and hard and stay hard as long as I want, so I guess that is the trade offs. I dont know that it is even a trade off because in my current state I am still less than 6 inches and not hard. The bend that developed last august makes penetration nearly impossible so I guess its all up from here. Currently scheduled for the end of June but I may move up that date a few weeks after I consult the calendar to maximize the days off that I can take while using the least vacation time. He said about 10 days off from work and a month before I would be able to put it to good use.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

gerryp

Re: Had an appointment with Dr Kramer today

Postby gerryp » Wed May 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Best of luck! I'm sure you are putting yourself in good hands with Dr. Kramer.

Gerry
Implant surgery March 8 with Dr. Francois Eid in NYC.

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:52 pm

I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan in December 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in 2004.
The Implant completely corrected my ED and restored both my sex life and the emotional bond with my wife.
We celebrated our 50th Anniversary on September 8, 2012 and have taken full advantage of my Implant for the past
5 years and counting.
The first month or so is the hardest in that your body is adapting to the Implant.
The initial Post-Surgical swelling and hypersensitivity fades with time and, personally, my Titan Implant just became a part of my body.
Also, I am a workout freak -- free weights, machines, swimming, biking, etc.
My Implant does not impede any of my daily physical activities.
Looking back, the discomfort I experienced for a brief period following my Implant was a small price to pay for the
total return of my manhood!!
In my case, the length is about the same as Pre-Implant but I definitely gained girth.
Wishing you a lifetime of enjoyment with your new Titan Implant.
Please keep us posted on your progress and do not hesitate to contact me with any non-medical questions you may have re
the Implant or just to talk either Pre-Implant or Post-Implant during the Healing Process.

Best Wishes,

Bob

bob1138

Private message

proactive

Postby proactive » Wed May 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks everyone. I will keep you all posted. This board is what lead me to Dr. Kramer. He is only about 90 miles from home. I feel lucky to have one of the top 3 implant surgeons in the country so close to me. I rescheduled from the June 26th to the 20th to take advantage of my compressed schedule. I was supposed to be in a fishing tournament on the 22nd but I decided that this takes priority. It saves my wife and I both 2 days of vacation time to move it up a week.

I will keep everyone updated. I know I have been following everyone's procedures for the past 3 months.

Dr. Kramer's office called today to let me know that I would have a $150 co-pay. Insurance would pick up the rest. :D I cant even get a root canal for that price. LOL

rschweiger

Postby rschweiger » Thu May 09, 2013 9:17 am

Congrats,and best of luck w/it.
I know its one of the best decisions I. made, and I hope you feel the same after yours
Rich

proactive

Postby proactive » Sat May 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Question for the Titan guys. Can you ever sleep on your stomach again. Came to mind this morning at the lake sleeping on a particularly hard mattress at the hotel instead of on my select comfort air mattress.

treifsnyder

Postby treifsnyder » Sat May 11, 2013 11:35 pm

I can assure you, he's the best in the world. Never in a rush, he's like talking with one of your buddies. With me he would never "guarantee" any length for post-op, and said stretched penis length is erection length (thus implant length). When pressed he said most people lose 1/4 of an inch, just due to lack of glans engorgement- not a huge deal (sorry for the pun). For me, I didn't lose length and I increased in girth. Kramer convinced me to go w/ a Coloplast- so far it's been a terrific choice. Good luck, you are in GREAT hands.

Bxguy1

Postby Bxguy1 » Sun May 12, 2013 1:17 am

Hey best of luck to you! I was just implanted by dr eid with a C/P Titan
..he recommended that device as superior in erection quality and girth and also less problems overall (replacement if necessary is easier) ..dr Kramer is a top guy as well and im sure you are in yhe best of hands...I will let you know how I progress with my new titan..so far so good. ..its pretty fat and heavy! !
54 y/o and suffered from organic ED (peyronies) for 10+ yrs. Pills stopped working, injections too painful and VED not for us.
Implanted on May 7, 2013 with 24 cm C/P Titan zero angle by Dr. Eid, NYC.

Return to “Implants”