long term maintenance/cycling of prosthesis

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
nuguy2

long term maintenance/cycling of prosthesis

Postby nuguy2 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:09 pm

I have read that you should cycle the implant twice per day after pumping is allowed. Should you cycle like this in future years ie forever? Is any other maintenance
required? What happens if you cannot deflate ..... what steps can doctor take?

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: long term maintenance/cycling of prosthesis

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:03 pm

nuguy2 wrote:Should you cycle like this in future years ie forever?

You should cycle ... same as when you were younger and had nocturnal (night time) erections ... it helps to maintain penis health and prevents tissue atrophy.
Is any other maintenance required? What happens if you cannot deflate ..... what steps can doctor take?

There is no other maintenance required ... I have never heard of a case when you couldn't deflate ... I guess a URO could deflate by sticking a needle into the device to let out the fluid. Although surgery is required to repair ... My URO said my Implant would last my lifetime ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Bishop

Postby Bishop » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:53 am

Ehi guys, I would like to know..

Do you know if there is something we can do or something that we dont' have to do to preserve the implant integrity and to make it last as long as possible?

Bxguy1

Postby Bxguy1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Bishop wrote:Ehi guys, I would like to know..

Do you know if there is something we can do or something that we dont' have to do to preserve the implant integrity and to make it last as long as possible?

I would say that since it is made up of moving parts then if it is used more it will need repair or replacement sooner. So if you don't use it 5x a day it will last a lot longer! ;)
54 y/o and suffered from organic ED (peyronies) for 10+ yrs. Pills stopped working, injections too painful and VED not for us.
Implanted on May 7, 2013 with 24 cm C/P Titan zero angle by Dr. Eid, NYC.

Return to “Implants”