1st inflation not until 6 weeks post-op. Thoughts?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
bob1138

Re: 1st inflation not until 6 weeks post-op. Thoughts?

Postby bob1138 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:16 pm

I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan December 13, 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in February 2004.
I visited my Implant Surgeon 4 weeks Post-Implant and he showed me how to inflate and deflate properly.
When I asked him when I could use my Implant for intercourse he said "Take that baby out for a ride tonight!!"
Needless to say, my Titan Implant and I have taken many enjoyable rides together over the past 5 years and counting.
Best wishes to all my fellow-members of Dave's "Brotherhood of Bionic Boners".

Bob

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:40 pm

My surgeon said six weeks until first inflation. But then he added, "Why bother with inflating it before you are going to use it?" I started with a few pumps at week 3 and progressed slowly until it was fairly uncomfortable and held it for a while as described by others here. At week 4 I went ahead and used it at about 75% of the maximum that I had been pumping earlier. No problems, no complaints from doctor at week 6, just go have a Merry Christmas. Now at 5 months, I have my original size in length, maybe a little better girth, and no pain. Flacid is somewhat longer and stiffer than prior to the implant, but I am now used to that.

Oh yes, the implant is a 21 cm AMS 700 LGX. I believe that I have about another 3/4 to 1 inch of expansion left in it before it maxes out. I am still working to get more but I am encountering more resistance from the anatomy at this point. For the LGX newbee reading this, you can actually watch your penis get shorter as you deflate when you deflate from maximum at month 5. Not a lot of shortening but enough to see.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

610thebeast

Postby 610thebeast » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 am

I have ams700 lgx my bulb so hard that can't squeeze it. Made another appt with my Dr 3 weeks post op no pain my doc said could pumping after 2 weeks. Has anyone ever had a problem with the bulb being to hard squeeze.

Steven1111

Postby Steven1111 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:51 pm

I have the CX too, and my doc originally told me to come in at 6 weeks to start pumping it up. But when I told him that was our anniversary and I wanted to use it by then he said I could come pump it at 5 weeks so that's what we did. He put in about 8 pumps and said I was hard and as big as I'd get, but I need to do somewhere between 10 and 15 to feel it myself and once I went to 20 to see if it made any difference in my size. I've gained a bit but not much and am not sure if I'll gain more. I talked to the AMS rep and she said the CX would expand 18mm in girth but didn't say how long it would take. I'm guessing awhile still, and I'm only pumping for 2 weeks at 7 weeks from surgery. Maybe it'll gain girth for us both in time...

Good luck and just wait it out. Time passes much more quickly than we want it to as we age so it's all just living it well, eh?
Cheers,
Steve
64 year old gay man. Brachytherapy Radiation for Prostate Cancer Oct. 2010. Permanent ED Nov. 2012. Failed pills, pumps and injections. Happily implanted with AMS CX May 9th, 2013. Sex Rocks again! Thanks to everyone for such caring support.

nuguy2

Postby nuguy2 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:14 pm

I too have an AMS CX 700 and my Dr likewise said he would leave it inflated for 6 weeks and then start cycling. He now says he will deflate at 4 weeks and have me start cycling .... did not say if I could begin sex at that point but I suspect I will be ready. I am at 3 weeks now and things are healing nicely .... a little soreness in the scrotum and head of penis is quite sensitive.

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:13 am

I a six days post surgery and about 60% inflated. it is very uncomfortable to say the least! The plan is to see my doc day after tomorrow at which point it will be deflated and I will begin cycling
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:02 pm

610thebeast wrote:Has anyone ever had a problem with the bulb being to hard squeeze.

See if this helps: Double-Handed Inflation
http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=932

It takes a while for the cylinders to stretch ... which will make pumping easier.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Return to “Implants”