Athletes with Implant.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Transit74

Re: Athletes with Implant.

Postby Transit74 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:19 pm

Bishop wrote:Any problema lifting weights seriously? I mean, heavy weights :D

I started lifting again 2 weeks after surgery but kept the poundages fairly low. Now 6 weeks post-op I'm back to using heavy weights and feel no ill effects from it. The one exercise you might want to stay away from is squats but other than that I see no reason not to lift as you had been prior to surgery.

Echegollen

Postby Echegollen » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Transit74 wrote:

I started lifting again 2 weeks after surgery but kept the poundages fairly low. Now 6 weeks post-op I'm back to using heavy weights and feel no ill effects from it. The one exercise you might want to stay away from is squats but other than that I see no reason not to lift as you had been prior to surgery.

Why is squat more dangerous after getting an implant?
I'm 39 years old. Never was able to maintain my erections for more than 1 minute. Pills don't work. Had sclerotherapy by Dr. Kuehhas in Austria in 2016. Didn't work. Injections (Caverject) are the only things that gave me acceptable results.

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:49 pm

StrongAgain wrote:I received my Titan on August 19. When can I visit the gym again? Any restrictions?

I had my IPP on August 14.
My normal gym routine Pre-Op was: ride a bike 4 miles and exercise on strength/cardio machines, walk 30 minutes, 4 to 5 days a week?
I took two weeks off from exercising, tried not to lift anything over a gallon of milk,i.e., 8 pounds. After two weeks starting riding recumbent exerciser and resumed walking. Four weeks returned to normal workouts. NOTE: Had to buy a new split bike seat, the pump is painful sitting on it. :D
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

merrix

Postby merrix » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:24 am

Echegollen wrote:
Transit74 wrote:

Why is squat more dangerous after getting an implant?

I am working out as well, using basic compound exercises with decent weights.
I think definitely heavy, deep (as in parallel or deeper) squats would be the major risk exercise.
I do 300 pounds for reps, and the intra abdominal pressure in the bottom is massive. That reservoir is definitely going to be exposed to forces. Squeezing it and exerting force in any direction - potentially moving it or affecting the coating of scar tissue surrounding it.
I haven't decided yet if I will ever squat again. Deadlifts would definitely not be as bas I'd say.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:04 am

Hi......new here..

With regard to squats, it sounds like we're speaking of squats with weights......what about squats without weights after the healing process.....any concern about that?
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

merrix

Postby merrix » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:42 pm

I discussed this with Eid today.
He said to stay away from anything which creates intra-abdiminal pressure for three months. Squats, deadlifts, leg presses, bent over rows etc.
Squats without weight must be ok I guess. That's comparable to a lot of everyday movements. Getting in and out of a car, sitting down and rising up from the WC or a sofa, bending down to tie shoe laces etc.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Echegollen

Postby Echegollen » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:51 am

merrix wrote:I am working out as well, using basic compound exercises with decent weights.
I think definitely heavy, deep (as in parallel or deeper) squats would be the major risk exercise.
I do 300 pounds for reps, and the intra abdominal pressure in the bottom is massive. That reservoir is definitely going to be exposed to forces. Squeezing it and exerting force in any direction - potentially moving it or affecting the coating of scar tissue surrounding it.
I haven't decided yet if I will ever squat again. Deadlifts would definitely not be as bas I'd say.

It makes a lot of sense. Good theory.
I'm 39 years old. Never was able to maintain my erections for more than 1 minute. Pills don't work. Had sclerotherapy by Dr. Kuehhas in Austria in 2016. Didn't work. Injections (Caverject) are the only things that gave me acceptable results.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:42 pm

I tend to agree with what Eid/merrix says having had many lower abdominal surgeries. My plan post surgery is to lay down and do dumbell flys to work on my chest. I think that may not put any pressure on things. Also plan on using my Estim tens to work calves, thighs, glutes and biceps. I've been doing this every morning for 1 -2 hours for the last few weeks trying it out and I do not think I will have any issues. After the tens workout body looks damn fine for an old man just like after a good workout. Sucks to be old and sag at the end of the day though! Can't seem to get around that. :roll: Tens on the chest does tense up the abdominal muscles so I think I will avoid that post surgery for a while. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:03 pm

Anyone here do a grappling sport with an implant?

I guess you would have to wear a cup. There is always going to be pressure in that area, especially in BJJ. :cry: :cry:
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:00 pm

Hehehe...I did 300 lbs once...and blew out my knees.
Tore my ACL, but still play racquetball.
Still have a gut, but still play racquetball.
Going on 3rd implant, no racquetball:(

Return to “Implants”