I'm a Brand New Man!!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dapubman

Re: I'm a Brand New Man!!

Postby dapubman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Today is day 15 after my implant surgery...all the swelling and pain are gone...no "real" problems...just not used to the 3rd ball...lol...Seeing Doc. tomorrow to give it a pump-up...Hopefully in a couple of weeks...can give it a trial run...SOOO Ready...Will let you know how the office visit goes...Carl

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:40 am

BNM, great. I guess your junk is being to look human again. Sounds like a good recovery. Good luck on your "trial run".
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

openandhonest

Postby openandhonest » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:39 am

Congrats dapubman. It's great to hear you so enthused about this. I see lots of guys understandably being somewhat wary of implants, and operations in general. That being the case, it's good to see someone come out of the other side of this with such enthusiasm for the future. I hope the pumping went well yesterday and that it's onwards and upwards from here for you.

dapubman

Postby dapubman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm

Saw the Doctors P.A. Thursday.. I was wrong....was not for a pump-up...but just a check up to make sure all the equipment is ok and where it is supposed to be... He said everything looked really good and recovery is going well..Scheduled to go back on March 28th to activate...he said Dr. Lipshultz thinks it is best to wait till around 6 weeks before pumping up...I have waited for this along time...another month is OK...rather be safe..balls are still tender, but everything else is fine...Will post again when something to post...LOL...Should make for a "fun" April fool's day..::))

antelope

Postby antelope » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:17 am

Rule 1 for any kind of surgery: do what the doc says.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

dapubman

Postby dapubman » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:09 pm

Yesterday was 7 week anniversary...Saw Doc yestrerday instead of the 28th...Started pumping and deflating at the 6th week...My problem is...when pumped up...not rock hard...size is ok...but if I am standing...penis hangs down instead of protruding out...Doc says will get better the more I use it...have used it twice with girlfriend...everything went very well...first time kept hurrying..because I was afraid it would go down... that problem is over with..LOL...anyone else have the not hardness problem??...hope Doc is right...Carl

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:55 pm

dapubman wrote:Yesterday was 7 week anniversary...Saw Doc yestrerday instead of the 28th...Started pumping and deflating at the 6th week...My problem is...when pumped up...not rock hard...size is ok...but if I am standing...penis hangs down instead of protruding out...Doc says will get better the more I use it...have used it twice with girlfriend...everything went very well...first time kept hurrying..because I was afraid it would go down... that problem is over with..LOL...anyone else have the not hardness problem??...hope Doc is right...Carl

I have what is referred to as a "hinge effect". By that I mean that the direction is not fixed but can be varied at about 45 degrees. Others report the same thing on FT. When I am fully pumped and standing upright, I am pointing just slightly below the horizon. But the angle can be moved up from there by about 45 degrees. However, the penis is very rigid. If I grab it, I can't bend it at all. So to use it in the missionary position I put on a little lube and my wife uses her hand to aim it at the right spot. When she gets it aimed, I can easily push it in effectively.

On the other hand, I have had problems at times with the stiffness of the penis dissipating over time. See my posts under the topic "AMS Pump Failure". After a lot of experimenting, I am coming to the conclusion that if I use two-handed pumping to be able to get more force and squeeze the bulb very forcefully, I have very little problem with the stiffness dissipating. Often I can remain fully stiff for up to several hours. Once in while I lose a little stiffness and need to give it a few squeezes just before insertion. That isn't a significant problem.

Be patient and keep experimenting. You will figure out how to use your new tool. Do test pumps every day and see how long they last. Test pumps are nice because your aren't under pressure to make sure the darn gadget works right.
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

inthezone

Postby inthezone » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:41 am

My doc hinted that if he put in an AMS LGX that was slightly too big for me, that for the first few months I would be less than rigid when pumped up. But would be adequate for function. Over a few months, he said when my scar tissue expands, the LGX will continue to expand enough to fill the space and rigidity will be better. I'm at 6 weeks now & have an appointment to get fully inflated in 2 days. We'll see.
AMS 700 LGX Feb 2013.

dapubman

Postby dapubman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Tuesday will be 10 weeks since I had implant....ams 700 lgx..satisfied with implant...except I can't get it "rock" hard..I have read everything on FT...many suggest keep pumping till it hurts...It seems like mine never gets full...i have pumped it to 50 pumps...and never gets rigid...never hurts...Doc says give it time and keep pumping...have had sex several times with my girl friend...if not well lubricated,,,tends to bend..any suggestions...getting worried..Carl

Rondeb14

Postby Rondeb14 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:57 pm

combine gleason score7 ,with isolated foci of 8
extent of invasion [tmn}73bnxmx
lymph examined n/a
margin 1 mm from ottermost bladder neck inked margin posiitive margin, 1 mm from posterior black inked margin ,positive seminial vexicle sorttissue margins blue ink
extraprostatic extension :yes
seminal vesicle invasion: yes
8o % involved on the right
60% involved on left
there is also pobable lymphovascular invasion section
8 out of 12 cores cancer

Found out insurance will pay for implant.
Now to decide to or not. I'm not sure. I'm also
New in here.

Return to “Implants”