Reason for Implant Surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Woodworker57

Reason for Implant Surgery

Postby Woodworker57 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm

I am scheduled for Implant Surgery in March and I am looking for a viable excuse to provide my family (not including my wife), my friends and my employer why I will be out of commission for a few weeks or more. I did already undergo a Radical Prostectomy about 18 months ago so I have that element on my resume. Can you provide me with some creative excuses without getting into the real reason. I really want to keep this procedure private.

Thank you in advance for your postings. I am moving forward with this operation because of this site. It has made me feel much more comfortable mentally about my condition and about getting on with my life post-RP.

pianoman

Re: Reason for Implant Surgery

Postby pianoman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:16 pm

I told my folks I was having some plumbing repairs made. Nobody asked for specifics.
Pianoman married 73 yrs old 1st implant on Oct. 21, 2011 AMS LGX 700 21 cm. By McHugh Failed Oct. 15, 2017 Found Dr. Hakky Atl, Ga Got 2nd. implant Dec. 28, 20017 Coloplast Titan XL 24cm. procedure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGKL0XDDHYQ

omega52

Postby omega52 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:16 pm

I like pianoman's response. I worried about the same thing. A hernia operation could be a viable option. I just didn't feel like making something up. I told folks I was having some surgery "below" and that it was pesonal and that I did not wish to discuss it. Everyone has respected that. It has not been a problem.
Omega

gerryp

Postby gerryp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:45 pm

pianoman wrote:I told my folks I was having some plumbing repairs made. Nobody asked for specifics.

With my surgery now scheduled for March 8, my wife and I also have been struggling with this issue, especially since we are traveling from FL to NYC for the surgery. Your "excuse" seems logical, and we may decide to use it.
Thanks!!

Gerry
Implant surgery March 8 with Dr. Francois Eid in NYC.

bionic3rdleg

Postby bionic3rdleg » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:04 am

I really don't like to lie. However, what I discovered is that in order to insert the reservoir, you are given a hernia, so you can truthfully say you are having a hernia procedure. The only trouble I got with this one was from a friend who recently had a hernia procedure and wanted the details. I was evasive and that seemed to work.
Just say you are having a hernia operation.

greggshere

Postby greggshere » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:02 am

Maybe it was because I had to fight so hard with the insurance company and tell so many personal details to so many people in that process (my company is self insured) that I felt it was really no big deal. Pretty much all of my co-workers know. I switched insurance companies ( got on my wife's) and now the surgery is March 7th. I am so proud of the fact that I will have my Robo-dick, that I don't mind bragging about it. To be honest, I think most of them are kind of jealous, because they know it will stay hard for has long as I want, and they are not able to do that. Funny though, my daughter and son-inlaw know, but I have no intention of telling my 78 year old mother. I'm not even telling her I'm having the surgery. You could tell them you are having corrective surgery related to your prostate cancer surgery. That is what the Uro put on my FMLA papers.

Return to “Implants”