Scrotoplasty - 1 vs 2 incisions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
pjt1958

Scrotoplasty - 1 vs 2 incisions

Postby pjt1958 » Sat May 25, 2024 3:05 pm

Hello all, I am thinking of getting scrotoplasty and fixing webbing at the same time of my IPP and would be considered by both surgeons I've narrowed down. Dr. Loh Doyle wants to do infrapubic install of the implant and then make a separate incision for the scrotoplasty. Dr. Patel prefers to do penoscrotal if he is going to scrotoplasty, and doesn't feel strong reason to go either penoscrotal or infrapubic install otherwise. Dr. Patel also told me routinely doesn't leave a drainage tube after surgery.

In my mind, it seems having two incisions in the same area would increase the recovery and risk of skin healing problems vs just 1 alone? Any help appreciated as I am now with Medicare and ready to get this thing scheduled!!
65 with ED for >10 years. Failed pills, not happy with injections. Decided on implant - AMS 700, scheduled very soon!.

Tmansdorfer

Re: Scrotoplasty - 1 vs 2 incisions

Postby Tmansdorfer » Sat May 25, 2024 3:47 pm

Is Dr Doyle going to do the fat pad removal or just fix the webbing from the scrotum? I had him remove the fat pad above the penis which he did in one incision above the penis. I have not had the webbing removed but the fat pad removal made a huge difference. I do not know the other surgeon but Dr Doyle has Dr Boyd are one of the best. I would be sceptacle of not having a drain if it is installed penoscrotal. I have had many revisions both ways and for me I had way more scrotal swelling with the penoscrotal approach.
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Sat May 25, 2024 6:31 pm

Had a mallabble done last year 30 days later they thought I had an infection and cut my dick open from asshole to elbow. When I woke up they had removed that webbing, now my balls don't fall in the toilet and I don't sit on them. I was cut from the opening in the ureatha all the way down to the middle of the ball sack. Never bandaged it they just had me put Neosporin on it 2 times a day healed right up.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat May 25, 2024 7:31 pm

pjt1958 wrote:Hello all, I am thinking of getting scrotoplasty and fixing webbing at the same time of my IPP and would be considered by both surgeons I've narrowed down. Dr. Loh Doyle wants to do infrapubic install of the implant and then make a separate incision for the scrotoplasty. Dr. Patel prefers to do penoscrotal if he is going to scrotoplasty, and doesn't feel strong reason to go either penoscrotal or infrapubic install otherwise. Dr. Patel also told me routinely doesn't leave a drainage tube after surgery.

In my mind, it seems having two incisions in the same area would increase the recovery and risk of skin healing problems vs just 1 alone? Any help appreciated as I am now with Medicare and ready to get this thing scheduled!!

I have always looked at this first and foremost as infection avoidance. I did over step that with my scrotal webbing removal. Thus a longer incision and increased chance at infection. My first surgery I did not have a drain nor did I have a lot of swelling. Some doctors are better at this surgery than others and can forgo the need for a drain and again another risk for infection. Some doctors are on the fence skill wise for the drain and have mixed luck with not putting one in. I looked at it as an indication of doctor skill. If you are going to have scrotal webbing removed it makes sense to have it done with implant. Not only for infection but for just one surgery and hospital visit and bill.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Mijudac79

Postby Mijudac79 » Sat May 25, 2024 11:54 pm

Where are you, please?

October26

Postby October26 » Wed May 29, 2024 11:13 pm

pjt1958 wrote:Hello all, I am thinking of getting scrotoplasty and fixing webbing at the same time of my IPP and would be considered by both surgeons I've narrowed down. Dr. Loh Doyle wants to do infrapubic install of the implant and then make a separate incision for the scrotoplasty. Dr. Patel prefers to do penoscrotal if he is going to scrotoplasty, and doesn't feel strong reason to go either penoscrotal or infrapubic install otherwise. Dr. Patel also told me routinely doesn't leave a drainage tube after surgery.

I had scrotoplasty at the same time as the implant procedure and it was not that big of deal. The incision was a little longer, but I had very little swelling or bruising in the scrotum. The incision being longer looked more noticeable, but it healed so nicely that there is no scar. I don't know why anyone would want to do the procedure with an infrapubic incision because there would be a scar that would be noticeable. The scrotoplasty looks great and I am please the doctor suggested it.
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

Return to “Implants”