Hello after 4 months of implantation i can go to dentist ;

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Denis86

Hello after 4 months of implantation i can go to dentist ;

Postby Denis86 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:01 pm

Hello after 4 months of implantation i can go to dentist for aponeurosis is dangerous;

Jage64

Re: Hello after 4 months of implantation i can go to dentist ;

Postby Jage64 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:54 pm

where exactly did they install your implant? :D
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Denis86

Postby Denis86 » Wed May 01, 2024 4:19 pm

Just after the implant i'm afraid germs that's why i'm asking

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Wed May 01, 2024 4:53 pm

Disclaimer: I am neither a medical doctor nor a dentist. Nothing I say should be taken as medical advice. I am offering an opinion based upon experience and common sense.

I cannot imagine a situation where someone would need to wait four months after implant surgery to have dental work done.

Yes, the big concern with an implant is infection. It’s one reason why they bombard you with IV antibiotics during surgery and maybe a short course of oral antibiotics afterwards.

An implant, however, is not a transplant. You’re not going to be on meds that leave you immune compromised.

One part of the puzzle is what kind of dental procedure needs to be done? A checkup is not a filling is not a cleaning is not an extraction is not a root canal is not an implant.

The short answer is to ask your surgeon. If he says 4 months take his advice. I suspect that 3 or 4 weeks after surgery….you tell the implant surgeon you need to go to the dentist, he will tell you to go.

I had 7 teeth extracted with bone grafts then implants starting 2 months after I got my bionic cock. There were no complications.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Wed May 01, 2024 5:19 pm

My urologist didn't say anything about taking antibiotics after my implant surgery, but for both of my knee replacements my orthopedic surgeons protocol is no dental cleaning for three months after surgery and then you can go but you have to take 4 amoxicillin antibiotic capsules before each dental cleaning for 2 years. According to the doctor dental cleaning releases all kinds of bacteria into the blood stream and can go directly to the knees and there is a possibility that you will get an infection.
I haven't had any problems with my IPP implant with infection, I had that surgery in 2021 and the two knees in 23 and 24.

I think you should be ok, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
I wasn't susceptible to any type of infections because my sugar levels were ok, I wasn't close to being diabetic.

See what the Doc say,
Good Luck,
S-Works
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Lawnman

Postby Lawnman » Wed May 01, 2024 8:35 pm

Your concern is a reasonable one.
I had brain surgery several years ago. Wires were implanted in my head. I was required to take 2 gms of amoxicillin prior to any dental work for the next two years. For those who are not aware, dental work can cause organisms in the mouth to enter the blood stream and travel to other areas, such as where an implant may reside.The trouble becomes this: implants have no blood flow, so antibiotics taken for such an infection are ineffective, which then requires REMOVAL of the implant in order to clear the infection.
Talk to your doctor!

Denis86

Postby Denis86 » Wed May 01, 2024 10:00 pm

Thanks you for the information .has any one else dern to the dentist after implantation

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed May 01, 2024 11:09 pm

SWorks17 wrote:My urologist didn't say anything about taking antibiotics after my implant surgery, but for both of my knee replacements my orthopedic surgeons protocol is no dental cleaning for three months after surgery and then you can go but you have to take 4 amoxicillin antibiotic capsules before each dental cleaning for 2 years. According to the doctor dental cleaning releases all kinds of bacteria into the blood stream and can go directly to the knees and there is a possibility that you will get an infection.
I haven't had any problems with my IPP implant with infection, I had that surgery in 2021 and the two knees in 23 and 24.

I think you should be ok, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
I wasn't susceptible to any type of infections because my sugar levels were ok, I wasn't close to being diabetic.

See what the Doc say,
Good Luck,
S-Works

AGREE 100%
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu May 02, 2024 8:04 am

I was the same as some of the other posts. I have permanent metal staples in my left foot. For several years after they were placed, I was required to take antibiotics before a cleaning. This was back before they started cutting back on prescribing so many antibiotics. My IPP surgery was after they cut way back on antibiotics and I have never been told to take antibiotics or any other prep for dental work.

But it is best to check with both your Implant surgeon and your dentist.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Denis86

Postby Denis86 » Thu May 02, 2024 8:11 am

Thank you my friend i am happy that is space exists and helps each after

Return to “Implants”