How to hide the bulge

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
M666RKF

How to hide the bulge

Postby M666RKF » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:53 pm

Hi Guys,
Can someone out there help ?
I am 3 months post op and everything is going well apart from being able to hide my bulge. This is causing me a lot of embarrassment and grief we are also going on holiday soon and I am not going to be able to wear shorts or go in the pool with my kids.
This is causing me problems with my wife as no matter what I wear the bulge is always there. Tried several different brands of compression shorts but nothing seems strong enough compression wise to keep it down. I know I am only 3 months in and I have read that this will become softer over time but I need something now so I can enjoy everyday life without being constantly conscious that I look like I have a permanent semi. Surely there must be something on the market for us guys who aren’t wanting to show as it just doesn’t look natural. The only thing I have seen that looks like it could work is the transvestite like pouches but I don’t want to look like I have a fanny either :D
48 yrs old, 3yrs Ed, priapisms, peyronies.
pre op 6.3/4”L 5.3/4”G
Post op 4.3/4”L, 5”G. 20cm coloplast, 1cm tip extenders. Absolutely distraught and wishing I’d never had surgery

wilsonmill

Re: How to hide the bulge

Postby wilsonmill » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:01 pm

I am so glad that I had the implant 5 yrs ago, wish it was still operating, go through the revision process next. As far as concealing, yes I had that issue as well but you will get use to it, now initially after surgery and I was playing pickleball I had to wear a jock strap to keep it concealed but after a few months that went away as well, and yes I wore it under my swim trunks as well, good luck and don't worry about it so much, enjoy and use your new pecker.
Age 63, diabetic , heart disease, Married 20 years, Titan implant 27Feb2019, Duke Medical Hospital, Dr Lentz

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:50 pm

Embrace the bulge ! I
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Fucking sneezed and bumped the " submit " button before I was finished..... Embrace the bulge ! This is the new you and your wife is just gonna have to accept it . Why men are suddenly ashamed of their anatomy, post implant, I'll never understand. Women openly flaunt and enhance their ASSets shamelessly. I don't want to discount what you're going through, I'm just hoping to give you a new perspective.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:32 pm

M666RKF wrote:Hi Guys,
Can someone out there help ?
I am 3 months post op and everything is going well apart from being able to hide my bulge. This is causing me a lot of embarrassment and grief we are also going on holiday soon and I am not going to be able to wear shorts or go in the pool with my kids.
This is causing me problems with my wife as no matter what I wear the bulge is always there.
(edited down for focus)

Depending on what kind of swim suit you want to wear, you may feel compelled to not go in the water. As fr as shorts are concerned, a change in wardrobe may be necessary. Cutoff jeans are made of tougher material than most shorts, so will help with concealment.

As far as bystanders are concerned, just look at yourself in a full-length mirror and remember that everyone knows men have genitals and thus a bulge is to be expected. Just because yours is more than you have been customarily showing does not mean that someone not familiar with you previous profile will think anything amiss. Most observers will just think you are well-endowed, not aroused.

As far as your wife is concerned there may be two issues. She knows your bulge is larger than before intellectually. But FEELS the difference in size more intensely than if it were to have appeared gradually over years or had always been there. This will take time for her to adapt to. The other issue is even more difficult. The potential for jealousy. She knows that women notice a man's bulge and fear that other women may be attracted to you for it. Efforts you make to minimize the bulge will help reassure her. Efforts you make to assure her you do not notice or care about other women's attentions will be even more effective.

These are m opinions. I believe them to be true. I have been mistaken in the past occasionally.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:34 pm

Journeyman wrote:Fucking sneezed and bumped the " submit " button before I was finished..... Embrace the bulge ! This is the new you and your wife is just gonna have to accept it . Why men are suddenly ashamed of their anatomy, post implant, I'll never understand. Women openly flaunt and enhance their ASSets shamelessly. I don't want to discount what you're going through, I'm just hoping to give you a new perspective.

Journeyman, there is an "edit" icon (looks like a pencil) usually in the upper right hand corner of your screen which will allow you to edit a post made prematurely or incorrectly.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Journeyman wrote:Fucking sneezed and bumped the " submit " button before I was finished..... Embrace the bulge ! This is the new you and your wife is just gonna have to accept it . Why men are suddenly ashamed of their anatomy, post implant, I'll never understand. Women openly flaunt and enhance their ASSets shamelessly. I don't want to discount what you're going through, I'm just hoping to give you a new perspective.

Journeyman, there is an "edit" icon (looks like a pencil) usually in the upper right hand corner of your screen which will allow you to edit a post made prematurely or incorrectly.

Thanks Lost Sheep. I'm aware of the pen and the ability to edit. My problem is the pen will only show up AFTER someone posts after me . If there's a way to edit without the pen , I'm unaware of how to do it

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:30 pm

All...without reading all the posts re: this issue, I feel the need to just expound off the top of my head. Interesting that only 'after' being implanted is anyone concerned about the bulge it may cause and how to hide it. Pre-implantation, my concern was totally the opposite...if I had a bulge, it meant that I was aroused and felt the need to hide it. Now, nearly 6 years post-implantation, I have absolutely NO shame in showing my bulge (dressed left side) and always keep myself at least 5-7 pumps from 'limp' as my Coloplast implant can be. Why do men try to hide what they wanted for so long AND paid for?? WHY?!?!? Are you more ashamed about what you now have and you seemingly longed to have? The only person who reminds me about my implant and the provocative outline it provides down the left side of my pant leg is my wife!!! Me...I'm totally good with it. PERIOD! My personal opinion is this: if you are trying to hide your bulge, why were you implanted in the first place? Just had to raise the question. I'll go back to my Sunday Bourbon and cola...and Netflix!
Edd
77; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:37 pm

navy6587 wrote:All...without reading all the posts re: this issue, I feel the need to just expound off the top of my head. Interesting that only 'after' being implanted is anyone concerned about the bulge it may cause and how to hide it. Pre-implantation, my concern was totally the opposite...if I had a bulge, it meant that I was aroused and felt the need to hide it. Now, nearly 6 years post-implantation, I have absolutely NO shame in showing my bulge (dressed left side) and always keep myself at least 5-7 pumps from 'limp' as my Coloplast implant can be. Why do men try to hide what they wanted for so long AND paid for?? WHY?!?!? Are you more ashamed about what you now have and you seemingly longed to have? The only person who reminds me about my implant and the provocative outline it provides down the left side of my pant leg is my wife!!! Me...I'm totally good with it. PERIOD! My personal opinion is this: if you are trying to hide your bulge, why were you implanted in the first place? Just had to raise the question. I'll go back to my Sunday Bourbon and cola...and Netflix!
Edd

Preach my brother. I feel the same

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 pm

I have to chime in,in agreement. My wife also mentioned my bulge a few times and I was very aware of it also. BUT as others said, it’s the new you! Own it! Truth be told probably 99% of people won’t notice anything unless you’re wearing tight jeans trying to show it! I’ve always worn looser fitting jeans and it simply don’t show as much as we perceive it does. I have a friend that has a relatively large dick and he’s a shower. He always looked really big when he got out of the showers at work and many people commented on it. I had never noticed his bulge til I got my implant and thought about how I was a shower now…. So I paid attention to his pants a few times and guess what! He has a bulge!! Big fat hairy deal!!!! Enbrace it! It will get softer and you will be able to deflate it more as it gets broke in. Also in time you will simply get used to it. I would assume women who have a boob job feel massive but anyone who didn’t know them before wouldn’t even notice if they are dressed appropriately unless they were way oversized for their body. I wore loose fitting cargo swim trunks the first summer after my implant which was only a couple months after implant and had no issues. I would wear a speedo type swim wear under my loose fitting trunks and no problem at all. Hang in there it will get better. Try to stop focusing on the negative and focus on the positive that you have a great ED free dick that you can now use any time and any place for as long as you want.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Return to “Implants”