Discomfort/pain

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Terry1094

Discomfort/pain

Postby Terry1094 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi all,
Almost 7 weeks post op with a Titan Coloplast 21 cm from Dr Eid. I've had 4 sexual encounters with wife since getting the go ahead last Thursday. Today was a morning fling. :P I pumped till I was hard and continued with foreplay for a while. After orgasm I attempted to deflate. I've learned not to apply too much pressure on my penis to deflate as it hurts. So I just squeezed my penis as I pressed the buttons on the side of the pump. Just squeezing the buttons is a bit painful. Kind of like squeezing the nuts a bit. Is this normal? Also the discomfort lasted a bit longer than I liked. I really couldnt get moving/dressed for about a hald hour till the discomfort subsided. Again, is this normal Is it just a matter of time till the "sausage casing" gets used to the internal plumbing. I'm thinking maybe I pumped it up too much, like putting 10 pounds of sausage into a 5 pound casing.
Any advise from long term, or even just a bit longer than me, would be appreciated.

rlm1818

Re: Discomfort/pain

Postby rlm1818 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi Terry,

I started pumping at 6 weeks post-op. Anything close the the max was quite painful. It took me roughly 3 months before I could pump to the max and leave it for a longer time, without pain. It got gradually better over the 3 months. Some guys are ok much earlier. I think it varies a lot. At 7 weeks post-op I don't find it even remotely concerning that you have some pain. I'd be somewhat surprised if you didn't. If you think there might be something wrong, you can always consult with Dr Eid. But, I would forecast, based on my own experience, that all you need is time, plus regular daily inflation up to the point of pain, so that everything gradually stretches out. In another 3-4 months or so, probably less, it won't hurt and you'll feel totally comfortable with the implant and how it works and how your body responds. But unless you have something unusual that warrants a consult with the Dr, or if it doesn't gradually get better, I would give it 3-4 months.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

jerrywayne

Postby jerrywayne » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:20 pm

hey Terry at this stage try wrapping a warm wash cloth around your cock and squeezing it down ,it will help with the pain.just fold it and wrap it around makes it better ,than just the hand.

I also found that getting in the hot shower helps

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:32 pm

Terry,
My implant surgery was 3 months ago today and I had an AMS CX. I never had significant pain in my penis regarding pumping. But I did have significant pain in the left side of my scrotum. My pump sits just about in the middle of the scrotum. For some reason the right side of my scrotum was pain free right after the surgery but I had the pain in the left side of the scrotum for about 3 months. That pain is almost totally gone now, but not quite.

As Rim said above, different people posting here have different pain in different places. But unless there is an infection, the pain will go away after a period of a few weeks to a few months. And if you have an infection, it will be really bad pain so you will probably know infection is the cause.

If you have significant pain that is not going away, you should see the doc for sure. If not, it will probably gradually go away over the coming weeks.
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Terry1094

Postby Terry1094 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:37 pm

I took a hot bath last night and used a couple of warm soapy washclothes to inflate and then defalte the pump. It seemed to work much better with less discomfort. I think part of it is the rpessure on the sensitive skin of the sack. With the washcloth, it gives the skin a bit of a cushion. The pump itself is still kind of hard, I think thats just a matter of breaking it in from what I've read. Jst once while pumping the thing slipped and did a pool move on its bretheren to the left, causing an "och MF" but that was all. Thanks for the advise.

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:26 pm

My left side of my scrotum is still a bit sensitive to pain 3 months and 10 days after surgery. But my right side of my scrotum has been no problem with pain for a couple of months. So before I inflate or deflate I slide the pump over to the right side of the scrotum, which makes the process more comfortable. You might be able to do something similar, depending on your body parts.

There is some amount of "pocket pool" involved in using the pump. I am having fewer and fewer cases of accidental ball striking as I get more experienced with pumping. ;)
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Return to “Implants”