For guys who had a Titan but changed to an AMS.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Enoughisenough

For guys who had a Titan but changed to an AMS.

Postby Enoughisenough » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:54 am

First, I'm only 5 weeks out so I know I need to give it a lot of time, but I just wanted to throw this question out there.

I have a 24CM Titan and I'm happy with size, girth, and erect penis. I would like more roundness but I think I'll get that with arousal. What I DON'T like at all is when flaccid, I have massive dog ears that are sharp and my dick basically folds to the left. I had about 50 degree PD to the left so it seems to fold where the PD fold curve was initially.

Real talk - When deflated, my dick feels plastic, bent up straws and crinkles like an empty bag of potato chips. It's not natural, at all. Hard can be seen as very natural, especially if I only pump to 80%, but flaccid is ugly, crinkly, and also won't stay deflated. Seems to always inflate a little on it's own.

1. Has anyone ever switched (voluntary or because of a problem) from the Titan to the AMS?
2. What differences did you see?

wolfpacker

Re: For guys who had a Titan but changed to an AMS.

Postby wolfpacker » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:24 am

Same experience as you, I have 24cm titan and it feels terrible when deflated and not aroused. Hoping to try an AMS CX when I need a revision. By the way, what is your girth? I wonder if the titan feels worse for guys who have less natural girth
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:56 am

I don’t fall into the category. I was an AMS LGX recipient with close to the same amount of implant (18+5 RTE=23 cm). I have experienced none of what you describe.

On the downside I lost girth (from 6.0” to 5.6”). Granted, that’s still plenty to work with and I lost no length.

It pretty typical that guys gain 1-4 cm when a revision is done, 2 or 3 cm being most common depending on how long it’s been installed. So I had often thought a 24 or 26 cm Titan might be my next device when I wear this out. I’m at the edge of what the 18 cm LGX (old faithful) is able to do.

Maybe you just can’t have it all. I’ve got no dog ears but I lost .4” of girth. On the other hand I gave a normal (albeit largish looking) flaccid and I’m in my fifth year of totally trouble free use. Titan recipients gripe about the dog ears but they seem to do better with girth and rigidity. From the scholarly papers I know I’m not as rigid, but I’m penetrating a vagina or mouth, not 3/4” Sheetrock. That has never been an issue.

Back before I had mine done I consulted a urological surgeon at Scott & White in Temple, who did advise me about the dog ear dilemma and suggested a bit of fluid in the cylinders was his patients’ workaround.

Just a few thoughts. Bright side: nothing beats a rock hard dick. Regardless of manufacturer.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:59 pm

Enoughisenough wrote:First, I'm only 5 weeks out so I know I need to give it a lot of time, but I just wanted to throw this question out there.

I have a 24CM Titan and I'm happy with size, girth, and erect penis. I would like more roundness but I think I'll get that with arousal. What I DON'T like at all is when flaccid, I have massive dog ears that are sharp and my dick basically folds to the left. I had about 50 degree PD to the left so it seems to fold where the PD fold curve was initially.

Real talk - When deflated, my dick feels plastic, bent up straws and crinkles like an empty bag of potato chips. It's not natural, at all. Hard can be seen as very natural, especially if I only pump to 80%, but flaccid is ugly, crinkly, and also won't stay deflated. Seems to always inflate a little on it's own.

Don’t give up on what you have for now. You’ll go thru all kinds of small issues as it breaks in, but in time it all softens up to the point it looks and feels much more normal. It’s been almost 2 years now and occasionally I’ll hop up in my truck or plop down in a low chair and feel a little creek or crack in my dick…. Just reminder that it’s bionic! By 6-8 months you actually forget about it for short periods of time and by a year you’ll be so comfortable with it that it just feels normal and will look much more normal. As far as having pyronies prior to implant I’m sure your dick will continue to try to go back to its curve but the Titan will override that I think. Many Drs will do some extreme bending to break up the plack from pyronies when implanting and then when left pumped up during healing it can form the capsule with it straight which might help the curve some when flaccid. Good luck in the future and who knows which I’ll go with next time??!!…..
1. Has anyone ever switched (voluntary or because of a problem) from the Titan to the AMS?
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

HikerMan

Postby HikerMan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:11 pm

Enoughisenough wrote:First, I'm only 5 weeks out so I know I need to give it a lot of time, but I just wanted to throw this question out there.

I've had only one (AMS 700) and when I'm deflated it looks and feels almost exactly like my package pre-surgery.
Surprisingly, my girth is actually a little bigger than before.

I'm going to say something a little controversial here, but remember ....some of these high implant surgeons who ONLY install
one system or another are paid very well by those same companies.

Just my 2 cents.
AMS 700 installed 12/22/22
REAR TIP Extender 5.0CM MR Conditional
AMS 700 SPHERICAL RESERVOIR 100 ML.
AMS 700 LGX INFRA PUBIC 18 cm
Dr. Jeffrey Loh Doyle- USC KECK
Prostate cancer survivor- RP performed 8/20
56, Marathon runner, John Muir Trail fanatic.

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:53 pm

HikerMan wrote:I've had only one (AMS 700) and when I'm deflated it looks and feels almost exactly like my package pre-surgery.

I'm the same, when flaccid it looks and feels nearly identical to my natural penis, but without the turtling. ;)
This was one of my main considerations when determining which implant would be best suited for ME. I'm well aware that my penis will be used for peeing and making my bathing suit look normal 99.8% of the remainder of my life, and it's better than I would have ever imagined for the deployed .2%. With 13 grandkids and more on the way, I knew there would be children on and off my lap for the next 10 years and the last thing I would ever want is to be thinking about anything related to my junk.

I know that there are no guarantees, but I've never had a dog ear, crinkle or noisy pump. I agree with HikerMan, it's important to have options and know the pros and cons of both manufacturers. Unfortunately, they're not one size fits all penises or lifestyles.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Return to “Implants”