Can it be fixed without full replacement?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tomas1

Re: Can it be fixed without full replacement?

Postby tomas1 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:23 pm

wilsonmill wrote:Where and who was your surgeon? Seems like they would honor their work.

When I read this post the first thing I thought of is that the splice from the pump to the reservoir wasn't done properly. That seems to be the weakest link on a pre-assembled implant.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:12 pm

if the cost of another surgery is due to the implant failing . The manufacture should be responsible for all costs in my opinion . But with these implants, that's not the arrangement the parties involved have made . If the manufacture was held responsible, i think they would double down on quality, and have fewer malfunctions.

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:43 am

Also just a heads up, if your company uses a self funded or self pay insurance, it'll be managed by a insurance company but your company has full control over whether to pay a bill or not. While this gets costs down, it does screw you as a patient because if the insurance hoses you over, you can't seek help from your states insurance commissioner because by federal law they are exempt from state control. You have to go through the federal labor board.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Return to “Implants”