Issues 5 yo Coloplast Titan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Eitaporra123

Issues 5 yo Coloplast Titan

Postby Eitaporra123 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:23 pm

Hey all!

I am a 43 yo, 1,88cm/6’2ft, 72kg European implanted in 2019 with a Coloplast Titan 16 + 2.

I got implanted in Brazil by a renowned doctor that claims to perform the no touch procedure - I have diabetes and keeping infections risk to a minimum was a must.

Implant was doing well despite the doctor saying he had planned on using the 18 version but due to an issue with the cylinders he implanted a 16 + 2 instead.

2 years ago, I started noticing bulging on the right side right at the base of the shaft along with a deslocation of the shaft itself - see photo.

When contacting the surgeon, I was told he would need to place a mesh to hold things in place; the reason supposedly is because I had peryone’s disease and he had to use bull periocardium (or whatever the name is) to wrap things up during the surgery and it didn’t hold out well.

Needless to say, correcting the angle made me loose about 2.5cm in length - current at 15cm (on the skin not really bone pressed) versus 17.5cm prior to surgery with the aid of trimix for measurement.

Now, I am contacting Dr Karaman to see if he can do the review as I no longer trust the first doctor.

What I would like to check with you and based on the picture, what do you guys think the problem is; here are my concerns:
- there seems to be plenty of room for girth and length, was I undersized?
- at the base there seems to be a lot more girth than on the shaft
- the bulge on the right side, have you seen anything like that or do you know what it could be?
- you can clearly see all the tubes on the shaft and on the sides, it just doesnt look normal?
- because of the bulge I don’t pump it much and I feel that it doesn’t get hard as it used to
- right at the base as well, where it has more girth, its like there’s a base that pushes it forward, is it normal?
- there’s a lot of moving to the right side at the base, what could it be? Imagine you moving it around with your hand, it’s like it’s not solidly locked in place if that makes sense?
- when pumping it makes a weird squeaking noise

*edit: sorry I didn’t shave, haven’t had any action in forever because of the bulge :cry:

IMG_8274.jpeg
Tubes on left and right
IMG_8274.jpeg (186.63 KiB) Viewed 500 times

IMG_8271.jpeg
Bulge on right + displacement
IMG_8271.jpeg (138.57 KiB) Viewed 500 times
Last edited by Eitaporra123 on Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wilsonmill

Re: Issues 5 yo Coloplast Titan

Postby wilsonmill » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:04 pm

Hello , I have a titan coloplast as well and implanted in 2019, It has failed a couple of weeks ago, believe the tubing failed. I have a place on my left side base underneath that has felt like where the tubing leaves the pump and goes to the connector that fills the cylinders, I believe that is where mine is broke. Had mine performed at Duke hospital by Dr. Lentz, am hoping to get scheduled with him for a revision.. good luck with yours.
Age 63, Married 20 years, Titan implant 27Feb2019, Duke Medical Hospital

AverageBloke

Postby AverageBloke » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:00 pm

Looks like you have a cylinder anuyersem/herniation.

Get an MRI done to be certain.

U will need a mesh/graft to patch that.
Peyronie's Disease
Titan Touch 22cm - Dr Clavell 06/04/22

newhope

Postby newhope » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:29 am

and then they say that titan cylinders are indestructible... I have read so many failures of titans on this forum it's unbelievable (thedriver I hope you are well with your malleable).

I would say stay away from titan next time
LGX 18 + 1, reservoir with 90 cc. 2023/12
Pre-OP VED length: 5.5". Post-OP: 4". At 3 months post-op: 5".
Cycling with a lot of pain
If you have a motorcycle or a bike stop using it (ED with motorcycle accident).

indeed

Postby indeed » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:04 am

AverageBloke is right.

Is the area where you have the bulge where your dog ears (deflated) usually are? When this happens (from what i've seen on here) it seems to always be at the base in the dog ear area. I'd guess the sharp titan dog ears can weaken the tunica over time. Plus the titan is tunica dependent which makes it reliant on the strength of your tunica.

Kinda makes me wanna consider an AMS because, from my understanding, the cylinder expansion is self limiting. (or rigicon if it's also tunica independent). Plus way less and softer dog ears.

I'd ask Dr. Karaman if the Rigicon is self limiting in expansion or also tunica dependent. In my personal, non-doctor opinion, it would be a good idea for you to swtich to AMS or rigicon.
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:37 am

I had a similar situation but with mine it was internal stitching that let loose and the cylinder came thru when I pumped it up.
I don't think your is the same,,, can you hold in on that spot and pump it up without any pain ?
It looks like it came up out of the cux partially on the right side, I would get in as soon as possible just to avoid any chance of infection.
Newhope,,, the Genesis malleable is still going strong,,,, what a relief to not worry about this shit.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

Eitaporra123

Postby Eitaporra123 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:48 am

Thanks guys!

A couple of updates:

- got the surgery notes from the doctor in Brazil, translated that and he mentions the issues found were mainly scar tissue and fibrosis along with the cylinder fault that caused the usage of the 16 + 2

- saw a doctor in Dubai, he is Turkish and he confirmed that changing the decide is the way to go; recommended the the Boston Scientific 700 to recover the length lost. Though very informative, I found the experience not good enough, he didn’t touch the implant or the skin and jumped straight to the prices…considering the price he wants to charge, circa 20k USD, I’d say he doesn’t have a lot of volume or experience as patients would likely look elsewhere

- Dr Karaman didn’t answer but the hospital did, it’s EID in Muslim countries and most people are off; they will schedule the appointment next week and I shall keep you posted

- I looked up the herniation online after you guys mentioned and found a scientific article on it with pictures - thats exactly it! Not to my surprise it was also on Coloplast Titan implant… There seems to be more issues with the whole thing such as the squeaking noise and sharp angles along with the dislocation and feeling that the prothesis move inside my body when pressure is applied against the glands…

- I have fully noted the points on the dog ears (new term for me) and also the tunica and the cylinder expansion; I will ask Dr Karaman and will revert with the replies, thank you so much for bringing it to my attention!

If you can think of anything else, please let me know!

Andy100

Postby Andy100 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:54 am

Eitaporra123 wrote:Thanks guys!

A couple of updates:

- got the surgery notes from the doctor in Brazil, translated that and he mentions the issues found were mainly scar tissue and fibrosis along with the cylinder fault that caused the usage of the 16 + 2

- saw a doctor in Dubai, he is Turkish and he confirmed that changing the decide is the way to go; recommended the the Boston Scientific 700 to recover the length lost. Though very informative, I found the experience not good enough, he didn’t touch the implant or the skin and jumped straight to the prices…considering the price he wants to charge, circa 20k USD, I’d say he doesn’t have a lot of volume or experience as patients would likely look elsewhere

- Dr Karaman didn’t answer but the hospital did, it’s EID in Muslim countries and most people are off; they will schedule the appointment next week and I shall keep you posted

- I looked up the herniation online after you guys mentioned and found a scientific article on it with pictures - thats exactly it! Not to my surprise it was also on Coloplast Titan implant… There seems to be more issues with the whole thing such as the squeaking noise and sharp angles along with the dislocation and feeling that the prothesis move inside my body when pressure is applied against the glands…

- I have fully noted the points on the dog ears (new term for me) and also the tunica and the cylinder expansion; I will ask Dr Karaman and will revert with the replies, thank you so much for bringing it to my attention!

If you can think of anything else, please let me know!

Hi mate,

Please continue to post about your situation…

I’m also interested about being implanted by Karaman , so every news about him and his hospital is very important !!!

Thanks

newhope

Postby newhope » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:17 am

why from europe you went in brasil ?

if you are looking for cheap you could go in turkey (karman is good from what you read here)
LGX 18 + 1, reservoir with 90 cc. 2023/12
Pre-OP VED length: 5.5". Post-OP: 4". At 3 months post-op: 5".
Cycling with a lot of pain
If you have a motorcycle or a bike stop using it (ED with motorcycle accident).

Return to “Implants”