Persistent Swelling

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PurpleHaze

Persistent Swelling

Postby PurpleHaze » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:29 pm

I was implanted almost 4 weeks ago by Dr. Hakky, using the infrapubic technique. My recovery has been amazingly smooth, with the exception of persistent scrotal swelling. It started right after the drain was removed a few days after surgery. It has migrated primarily to the left side, which is also where the pump is. (The pump started out in the middle but has been pushed left by the swelling.) The right side is just about normal.

I've been advised to keep it elevated and iced, but neither seems to make a lot of difference. I've been wearing a jock strap to keep things supported.

It doesn't get worse, but it doesn't get better, either. It's not painful or even particularly uncomfortable, but it does make it difficult to get to the pump.

I've searched the posts on this forum, and it seems that 4 weeks is an unusually long time for swelling to hang on. Is that right, or am I in the normal range of variability? And when will it go away?

Tlink55

Re: Persistent Swelling

Postby Tlink55 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:38 pm

At 4 weeks I was still swollen so bad I couldn't distinguish pump from testical on left side. Right was pretty normal. I'm now at 10 weeks an swelling has subsided except for end of day there may be some swelling of my deflated penis. Getting vetter every day just kinda slow.
69 yr old. Implanted 01/17/2024. Dr Clavell in Huston. Coloplast Titan XL 26 cm cylinders with 1 cm RTE. Lost only1/4" now 8" x 6" . Happy with reliability.

MiddleAgedMiami

Postby MiddleAgedMiami » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:43 pm

I am in a similar situation. My procedure was 3 weeks and 4 days ago (3/13/24) with Dr. Cordon in Miami. My surgery was penoscrotal. My recovery has been going well over all. I was activated at 2 weeks, and I’ve been cycling twice daily since that time. My pump started out more on the right and is now more center behind the balls (I asked for discrete placement). But my right testicle is still very swollen. The left side is pretty normal, but the right is still swollen and it feels like there’s a hard mass there. I’ve also got some minimal swelling in the area right above my dick on the left (they placed my reservoir on the left). I’ve been avoiding reaching back out to the doctor but I’m thinking I may reach out next week. Does your doctor say your symptoms are normal for this stage of your recovery?

I’ve heard 5 weeks is more of a benchmark of progress with swelling btw.
41 Gay man. Had situational ED for 3 years & light venous leak.
Implanted March 2024 by Dr. Cordon at Mt. Sinai in Miami.
22 CM Titan w/ 2 CM RTE on right & 1.5 CM RTE on left. Classic pump
View my implant journal here https://tinyurl.com/yc7et8ht

PurpleHaze

Postby PurpleHaze » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:15 pm

Thanks, Tlink55 & MiddleAgedMiami. I guess I just have to ride it out.

I had a 2 week checkup--virtually--and he didn't seem too concerned. I'm going back in for my 4 week next week.

CuzznClark

Postby CuzznClark » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:04 pm

tomorrow will be the end of my 3rd week following my pentscrotal placement. And yes I still have significant swelling in the right side of my sack, pump is on the left side of the sack. My activation visit is set for 4/18 and keeping my fingers crossed that swelling will be gone by then?
67 yrs old, married ro my beautiful wife for 43 years..oral meds did the job beginning at 58 until undergoing RPS at age 64, Trimix worked until it didn't. Implanted with 20cm Titan (no RTEs) by Dr Levine on 3/18/24

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:46 am

I was left 70% inflated after surgery and the surgeon couldn't reach the deflate button for six full weeks.

Then, the purple grapefruit started slowly subsiding until I travelled on 4 different airplanes. Apparently the change in pressure pumped the swelling back into the places it wanted to go.

At 14 weeks, I'm functional. But, I have to determine where the deflate button is by logic. I can rarely feel it as a button due to leftover swellling debris.

But, it gets better. SO slowly. Hang in there.
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

PurpleHaze

Postby PurpleHaze » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:20 pm

Thanks for the replies, all.

bp1111

Postby bp1111 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:16 pm

I think it’s pretty normal for some. I still had good bit of swelling at 3-4 weeks and still have a little now at 8. I’d keep in contact with your doctor, because at times swelling can indicate infection, but usually there is severe pain in those cases based on my understanding. I think I also started using heat by than ice by that point, heating pad or hot shower, which seemed to help in combination with elevation. I’m still taking Advil for anti-inflammatory benefit and doctor suggested Arnica, which is some type of homeopathic supplement. Good luck.
Implanted 2/14/24 at age 50 w/ a 22cm Titan, no RTE's, classic pump by Dr. Clavell after 9+ years of worsening ED. I tried everything from pills to injections. Venous leak confirmed 2/2/24. Healthy, fit and active.

GoNavy

Postby GoNavy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:27 pm

I started taking ibuprofen and Tylenol at the same time
plus I’m using this weird knee pillow. I’m laying on my side and swelling is really going down big time. I couldn’t believe the difference. We’re talking going from a grapefruit to something resembling normal. Plus I’m using a jockstrap with a reusable beaded sport care cold pack in it instead of the cup. Also taking protein, supplements and L-glutamine supplements… combined that’s all making a big difference.
U.S. Navy Veteran, Age 47. April 09 2024 implant surgery by Dr. Blick in Phoenix Arizona, via Penoscrotal method AMS 700 CX 21cm 0 rte. Measurements identical to before surgery- no loss- possibly larger at glans area and 2cm below.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:51 pm

Even at 5 1/2 weeks I was still swollen and sore when my doc finally deflated me.
May be time to try a switch from ice to heat? Or the contrast method where you ice for 5 minutes, then heat for 10, repeat that about 3-4 times.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Return to “Implants”