AMS 700 Pump Demo

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Cernfan

AMS 700 Pump Demo

Postby Cernfan » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:11 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwp0YfSLxIU

Instructions on using your AMS 700 Penile Implant. Patient demonstrating inflation and deflation techniques to operate their penile prosthesis and optimize outcomes.

For those considering an implant, this is a great show and tell from a credible source.

Txagq8

Re: AMS 700 Pump Demo

Postby Txagq8 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:50 am

Unfortunately, not all of us are really good visual learners. And what I’m fixing to say won’t apply to everyone, especially those who were forced to travel for their procedure.

But this is a golden opportunity to express something I think gets overlooked too often. And this is definitely a question worth asking your doctor pre-surgery.

If you are using a doctor near your home. Let’s say you live in Houston (yuck) and use Dr. Clavell.

The first three weeks after surgery a lot of guys go into the “WTF have I done?” mode. Very common.

Here is the question: “Shortly after surgery you are going to expect me to cycle….inflate, deflate, lather, rinse, repeat.”

As part of my follow up visits can you guys allow me to come in, put me in an unoccupied exam room, and allow me to operate this device with a bit of medical supervision? No, you don’t need to have the nurse or PA watch you every second. But there is tremendous peace of mind, security, and benefit from knowing if you run into trouble you can open the exam room door and request assistance.

I credit my quick, uneventful recovery and frequent use of my implant to this. If I had swelling or something impeding my deflation early on the PA would come in when I asked and solve the problem. After 2 or 3 sessions I basically said “I’m good!” And they told me to put the device to good use.

There may be no single right answer but any technique that gets the patient more comfortable with the implant quicker is an advantage.

Lots of guys travel and never see the doc after they leave the hospital and that’s fine. However, when you can negotiate a more involved and personalized recovery plan good things will happen.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”