If you're denied by insurance here's some info

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JohnHC

If you're denied by insurance here's some info

Postby JohnHC » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:09 am

If you have been denied by your insurance provider and you are getting a AMS device ( one from Boston Scientific ) please contact Boston Scientific either directly or ask your Boston Scientific Rep ( if you already have a device and have talked to them ) and ask about their UPAP team. They might be able to help get a exception to your plans exclusions. I don't know and can't say whether Coloplast Titan has this same type of help but if you are planning or have a Coloplast you may want to ask them for help. I believe the keyword here is to ask for help in getting an exception to your coverage. These departments in their companies are not permitted to contact you, you must initiate the contact first. I'm going through this process right now and am hoping they can help - I've been told they have gotten procedures covered and the exclusions reversed at some pretty major companies. At best you'll get coverage, at worst you've lost a little time and aren't any worse off.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Return to “Implants”