Great quote for those considering surgery or recovery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Enoughisenough

Great quote for those considering surgery or recovery

Postby Enoughisenough » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:55 pm

I saw a quote from Sahil Bloom yesterday that said "Everything in life you want is on the other side of something that sucks." I'm 12 days post op and recovery has not been the easiest. Better than some for sure, but not easy at all. This quote really stuck with me as this sucks, but what I want is on the other side.

Keep this in mind if you're going in to have surgery done, or are currently recovering.

CuzznClark

Re: Great quote for those considering surgery or recovery

Postby CuzznClark » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:19 pm

Enoughisenough wrote:I saw a quote from Sahil Bloom yesterday that said "Everything in life you want is on the other side of something that sucks." I'm 12 days post op and recovery has not been the easiest. Better than some for sure, but not easy at all. This quote really stuck with me as this sucks, but what I want is on the other side.

Keep this in mind if you're going in to have surgery done, or are currently recovering.

Thanks for sharing that quote - I am on day 15 and hoping this swelling will soon subside
67 yrs old, married ro my beautiful wife for 43 years..oral meds did the job beginning at 58 until undergoing RPS at age 64, Trimix worked until it didn't. Implanted with 20cm Titan (no RTEs) by Dr Levine on 3/18/24

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:00 pm

Great quote. Usually true, but not always.
Recovery after implant can be tough. Just think of what the surgeon did down there.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Openwide61

Postby Openwide61 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:04 pm

Day 6 here. Truer words were never spoken. Saying goodbye to ED is a physical and emotional journey. Thanks for the inspiration!
62 with ED for 10 years. Pills, Shockwave and Trimix. Sick of what ED does to a man. Implanted 3/26/24 by Dr. Clavell. 24cm Titan w/1cm RTE. Classic Pump. Very grateful for this forum in aiding my preparation and research. Now a Bionic Clavellian!

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:40 am

I like that quote. I’ll remember it.

2 years ago i was depressed and seperated from my Brazilian wife. Among other issues, ED was a big factor in our breakup. I decided to end the marriage, get an implant, sell all my personal belongings, retire, and move to Thailand.

It was a long stretch of endless hassle. One thing after another. Mediation. Lawyers. Lies. Courts. Producing endless documents and jumping through hoops. Hopping lillypad to lillypad daily trying to get everything imaginable accomplished.

All of that sucked. I dreamed of “the other side”. Recovered from my implant in solitude and got divorced.

As i now write, i am in my rented pool villa in Thailand. 5 minutes to the beach. Retired. My sweet 32 year old Cambodian girlfriend is sleeping in the other room. I love her company and the sex is fantastic. (Thank you Dr. Clavell).

For me, that quote rang true. I’m on the other side now. Thank you forum for being there for me.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:41 am

duplicate
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

CuzznClark

Postby CuzznClark » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:08 pm

ThailandBound wrote:I like that quote. I’ll remember it.

2 years ago i was depressed and seperated from my Brazilian wife. Among other issues, ED was a big factor in our breakup. I decided to end the marriage, get an implant, sell all my personal belongings, retire, and move to Thailand.

It was a long stretch of endless hassle. One thing after another. Mediation. Lawyers. Lies. Courts. Producing endless documents and jumping through hoops. Hopping lillypad to lillypad daily trying to get everything imaginable accomplished.

All of that sucked. I dreamed of “the other side”. Recovered from my implant in solitude and got divorced.

As i now write, i am in my rented pool villa in Thailand. 5 minutes to the beach. Retired. My sweet 32 year old Cambodian girlfriend is sleeping in the other room. I love her company and the sex is fantastic. (Thank you Dr. Clavell).

For me, that quote rang true. I’m on the other side now. Thank you forum for being there for me.

Thailand - I have been following your posts for quite some time. Your updates encouragement , and progress were key in my own decision to join the brotherhood. Thank you for sharing with us !
67 yrs old, married ro my beautiful wife for 43 years..oral meds did the job beginning at 58 until undergoing RPS at age 64, Trimix worked until it didn't. Implanted with 20cm Titan (no RTEs) by Dr Levine on 3/18/24

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:23 pm

I can’t disagree with any of this. But I’d like to add that it (surgery/recovery) might be totally and incredibly trouble free.

It may sound Pollyanna-ish or unrealistically optimistic but I try to expect the best and if the worst develops, I’ll deal with it.

Thoughts can become self fulfilling prophecies. If you’re expecting recovery from an implant to be torture, arduous, lengthy, and complicated….you might get your wish.

I’m 68. I’ve made it a practice my entire adult life to focus on a positive outcome. I have been disappointed, but rarely. So I would tell other guys who have made the decision that their best course of action is an implant: expect routine. Simple day surgery. Some minor discomfort and pain. Soreness & bruising. A smaller penis for a while until the body recovers from its trauma of surgery and the benefits of cycling kick in.

Yeah, some guys have complications but they’re the exception not the rule. If mine quit tomorrow I’d be beating up the surgeon on the next available surgery date and what are we gonna install.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”