Malleable and Penile Tissue Atrophy

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rufian

Re: Malleable and Penile Tissue Atrophy

Postby Rufian » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:08 pm

his an inflatable implanter who charges almost 40k for an implant

of course he will be against malleables

there are people who have had the malleables for over 20 years

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:50 pm

Rufian wrote:his an inflatable implanter who charges almost 40k for an implant

20 years with no tissue atrophy?
Well, $40K in a location that's 2 miles from Manhattan.
300 surgeries annually.
6000+ thus far.
24 year career.
I hope he knows what he is talking about!

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:47 pm

LastHope wrote:
Rufian wrote:his an inflatable implanter who charges almost 40k for an implant

20 years with no tissue atrophy?
Well, $40K in a location that's 2 miles from Manhattan.
300 surgeries annually.
6000+ thus far.
24 year career.
I hope he knows what he is talking about!

As for Eids fee. He get that because he is worth every penny of it. Can someone point to a patient of his that thinks he overpaid for what he got?? Consider for a moment, insurance companies are not in the business of throwing money away. So it would be natural to presume that the insurance companies are ok with his fee. Remember, for most men in the USA. Its not them that pays the bill. Its their insurance company that pays.

Btw, the companies use the " reasonable & customary" in how they pay. Its that simple. Eid's fee is reasonable & customary plus subject to the normal discounts given in the industry.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:37 am

$40K in Manhattan is cheap. It's Manhattan for God's sake, not Murfreesboro, Tennessee. :lol: :lol:

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:15 am

LastHope wrote:
easymoney wrote:One again this is one dr's opinion ...even thought he is a good dr. well experienced I'd like to see if his view has changed since 2014 when that video was made. I have skin in this game since I have had a Rigicon since 6-2023.

I'm seriously considering getting a Malleable as I can't afford the revisions that come with the unreliable IPP.

His stance didn't seem to change. His practice website says the same: "Causes deterioration and thinning of penile flesh over the long-term."

https://www.urologicalcare.com/types-of ... -implants/

Three-Piece (Multi-Component) Inflatable Penile Implant
Advantages & Disadvantages:
Types of Penile Implants

Easy for you and your partner to use – You simply pump it up for an erection. Press the release valve above the pump to deflate.
A Larger softer pump makes it easier to inflate than a two-piece device.
Because a larger amount of fluid is transferred into the cylinders to obtain an erection, the penis is most rigid of all the penile implants with a multi-component inflatable device.
Offers the best flaccidity (softness) of the penile shaft when not in use which is the most comfortable for the patient.
The only prosthesis that gives the penis a normal look and feel when erect and when flaccid. Many single patients report that the partner does not realize that the penis has an implant in it.
Because it has the least amount of pressure on penile flesh when not in use, pressure atrophy of remaining erectile penile muscle and of the flesh of the glans penis is less likely to occur.
Totally concealed in the body – All parts of the device are implanted inside the body.
The most involved inflatable implant surgical procedure – Good option for penile surgeons with large surgical experience.Because the penis is flaccid after the surgery patient has the least amount of pain post-operatively

The header line say Advantages and Disadvantages of the 3 piece
Where are the disadvantages listed in this paragraph, or I should say (not) listed in this paragraph ?
I'll tell you.
The disadvantages are premature failure of the device either caused by improper installation at the time of surgery, usage, rejection, infection, cost, more difficult to use, pump failures, tubing failures, and the list went on and on in my mind when I had all 4 of them fail within 4 years, also I like he he says in the video, once they fail, they can just simply replace it,,,, yah thats simple.
I know what I know from my own nightmares with the IPP's, might be right for some, but not for me, the wifey don't want to grab my dick and be afraid it's going to break every time we have fun
It's Sunday - Funday,,,,, and I know for 100% fact that my MPP is in it too win it today without a worry in my mind.
Of course there are advantages and disadvantages in anything you choose, but why are the IPP's pushed right away with most everyone that seeks a PP, I would say the old saying of (Follow the Money)
Oh-Oh,,,,,,,,, is that the wifey I hear in her heels ???
Gotta Go
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:15 am

all those who say it is a fair price and guarantees for an inflatable, which often breaks in a few years, I would like to see them in Italy at 40K where insurance for the system does not exist, I would like to see Doctor Eid what he would say to thedriver if paid 30K for each revision out of his own pocket having the device under warranty, 4 implants in 4 years, with what courage would he exalt the inflatable, when the inflatable did not exist everyone exalted the only implant available, the malleable, now they have seen the mountain of money that is at stake with the inflatables and they look at you askance if you suggest that you want to put a malleable, now they have also invented that those who give the injections are very likely to form scar tissue which prevents the insertion of an implant in order to convince you to bypass the injections, the surprises with the inflatable are of all kinds and around the corner, it's like throwing a coin in the air and choosing heads or tails, it's not even enough to choose a high-volume implantologist, I chose the Italian doctor Eid, the implant works perfectly but it wasn't enough, you have no guarantee of success even with the best in the world, having an implant is like making a cake, as it comes out so you keep it
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:54 pm

Appreciate everyone's input. When a top 5 surgeon speaks with such confidence, it can feel like gospel.

However, hearing real-life experiences from real patients, not just from ivory tower physicians, is invaluable.

thedriver: "Uh-oh... Is that the sound of the wife in her heels? Gotta run!"

This is priceless. :D

Return to “Implants”