AMS 700 CX Deflation Block Causing Scrotal Pain/Discomfort

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Merknaut

AMS 700 CX Deflation Block Causing Scrotal Pain/Discomfort

Postby Merknaut » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:48 pm

I was implanted 2/12/2024 and my recovery has gone extremely well and I am very happy with the results. However, the deflation block on this unit digs into my scrotal wall and the skin in that area is extremely sensitive to any touch or rubbing and causes varying degrees of pain/discomfort.
The pump bulb and deflation block hang at a rotated angle so that the right side of the block protrudes toward the front of my scrotum.
(so looking downward and imagining a clock face that is parallel to the floor 12 o'clock to the front, the block is rotated to a position between the 1 and 2 o'clock position, when it should be resting at a 3 o'clock position)
It is in constant contact with the scrotal wall. I followed the doctor's instructions to pull down on the assembly 2 to 3 times a day during recovery and the bulb hangs down about even with my testicles in my scrotum. The problem is I can't seem to get the assembly to rotate to a more neutral position and stay there.
Has anyone else experienced something like this? Will my scrotum just get used to this? Is there any hope that I can get it permanently rotated to a neutral position?
Just looking for any insights you may have.
Just for visual reference:
ams-700-block.jpg
ams-700-block.jpg (12.11 KiB) Viewed 206 times
56 y.o. 28 years Type 1 Diabetic. ED for 14 years. Implanted 2/12/2024 by Dr. William Brant. AMS 700 CX.

ED2013

Re: AMS 700 CX Deflation Block Causing Scrotal Pain/Discomfort

Postby ED2013 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:50 pm

Try massaging the area and pull down gently in a hot bath at least once a day.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:40 pm

My surgeon has been doing them for 35 years. He said just leave it alone. I still had scrotal pain at over a year. You still have a lot to get used to. The tubing pressing up from inside gave me some pain also. IT WILL TAKE TIME to get used to it.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

newhope

Postby newhope » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:16 pm

Merknaut wrote:I was implanted 2/12/2024 and my recovery has gone extremely well and I am very happy with the results. However, the deflation block on this unit digs into my scrotal wall and the skin in that area is extremely sensitive to any touch or rubbing and causes varying degrees of pain/discomfort.
The pump bulb and deflation block hang at a rotated angle so that the right side of the block protrudes toward the front of my scrotum.
(so looking downward and imagining a clock face that is parallel to the floor 12 o'clock to the front, the block is rotated to a position between the 1 and 2 o'clock position, when it should be resting at a 3 o'clock position)
It is in constant contact with the scrotal wall. I followed the doctor's instructions to pull down on the assembly 2 to 3 times a day during recovery and the bulb hangs down about even with my testicles in my scrotum. The problem is I can't seem to get the assembly to rotate to a more neutral position and stay there.
Has anyone else experienced something like this? Will my scrotum just get used to this? Is there any hope that I can get it permanently rotated to a neutral position?
Just looking for any insights you may have.
Just for visual reference:
ams-700-block.jpg

it's too soon to judge. in the meanwhile please update the signature with implant size and size pre op and post op
LGX 18 + 1, reservoir with 90 cc. 2023/12
Pre-OP VED length: 5.5". Post-OP: 4". At 3 months post-op: 5".
Cycling with a lot of pain
If you have a motorcycle or a bike stop using it (ED with motorcycle accident).

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:46 pm

FWIW, my doctor places the block at your orientation purposely. He asked if I was left or right handed, and since I'm right handed he rotated the pump so the button faces 10 or 11 on the clock so that my thumb rests on it naturally when coming from my right side (so the block is oriented as if it's 7:05 or 8:10). I don't think there is a standard that says it should be facing forward, that would actually make the block wider between your testes and possibly more uncomfortable.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Return to “Implants”