Malleable and work

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Marktheman05

Malleable and work

Postby Marktheman05 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:32 pm

I am interested in getting the tactra malleable but was curious if working as a police officer would be a problem with the malleable? Like would I be able to run after people and tackle and handcuff them, etc.?

wilsonmill

Re: Malleable and work

Postby wilsonmill » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:22 pm

I do not have a malleable yet, I am looking into the Rigicon. I presently have a failed Titan installed and it failed a couple of weeks ago, had it for 5 yrs. But to your question I do not see any issues once you have had it for awhile and get used to it.
Age 63, Married 20 years, Titan implant 27Feb2019, Duke Medical Hospital

Marktheman05

Postby Marktheman05 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:54 pm

wilsonmill wrote:I do not have a malleable yet, I am looking into the Rigicon. I presently have a failed Titan installed and it failed a couple of weeks ago, had it for 5 yrs. But to your question I do not see any issues once you have had it for awhile and get used to it.

Thank you for your reply. I also smoke. Would smoking increase erosion chances with the malleable or cause it to fail in some other way earlier than it should?

wilsonmill

Postby wilsonmill » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:11 pm

That I cannot answer, by what I have read erosion and infection is less likely in the malleable very low risk but also low risk in the pump units, but less in the malleable. I am a type1 diabetic so infection is what I worry about, but I had no issue 5 yrs ago, talk to your surgeon and tell him your concerns.
Age 63, Married 20 years, Titan implant 27Feb2019, Duke Medical Hospital

Marktheman05

Postby Marktheman05 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:14 pm

wilsonmill wrote:That I cannot answer, by what I have read erosion and infection is less likely in the malleable very low risk but also low risk in the pump units, but less in the malleable. I am a type1 diabetic so infection is what I worry about, but I had no issue 5 yrs ago, talk to your surgeon and tell him your concerns.

I wish you luck in your implant journey

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:24 am

Marktheman05 wrote:
wilsonmill wrote:I do not have a malleable yet, I am looking into the Rigicon. I presently have a failed Titan installed and it failed a couple of weeks ago, had it for 5 yrs. But to your question I do not see any issues once you have had it for awhile and get used to it.

Thank you for your reply. I also smoke. Would smoking increase erosion chances with the malleable or cause it to fail in some other way earlier than it should?

This is what I have read, but I am not a doctor

The biggest cause of erosion is oversizing

After that, conditions that caused a lot of cavernosal fibrosis can put someone at a higher risk of erosion with a malleable. Things like
-priapism
-diabetes
-major pelvic surgery (radical prostatectomy etc..)
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

otter17

Postby otter17 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:19 pm

Marktheman05 wrote:

Smoking affects wound healing after all surgeries. Try to cut back as much as you can before your surgery date and at least a couple months after! You and your surgeon will both appreciate it
40 y/o straight married guy with supportive wife. Slowly progressive ED from venous leak since adolescence. Pills were a godsend for years, now as the efficacy fades, I am wading into the land of injections and implant

Rufian

Postby Rufian » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:05 pm

if you are a cop, i dont know, the rigicon and genesis can be bent downwards, so should be concealed fine with underwear

in your case, can you afford the time off for revisions with an inflatable failing?

if not then malleable would work for you

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:12 am

Marktheman05 wrote:I am interested in getting the tactra malleable but was curious if working as a police officer would be a problem with the malleable? Like would I be able to run after people and tackle and handcuff them, etc.?

You won't have any problems, I have the Genesis malleable and I have to chase the wifey down and handcuff her now and then just to get her to behave. :lol:
Attachments
DSCN6693.jpg
DSCN6693.jpg (631.71 KiB) Viewed 299 times
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:44 am

You are a very lucky man thedriver ... but her feet are not supposed to be able to touch the floor and get an leverage ... and where's the spreader bar? ... lol

Return to “Implants”