Green light for cycling the device at 23rd day

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dmmp76

Green light for cycling the device at 23rd day

Postby dmmp76 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

Hi all,

So, today I was, finally, given the green light to start cycling the device, I have to say I was eagerly waiting :D

On my first and second attempt I could only do 3 pumps and 2 other half ones until the pump bulb became too hard to press.

I have left the device for a full hour each time, not much pain, just some tickling on the glans.

I was wondering if I might be doing something wrong when activating the pump, I do one first hard squeeze, and then slower ones as recommended, but only getting three or four actually frustrated me a little bit.

How was it for you guys?

Thanks and Happy Easter everyone.
47 years old, ED since early 20,s, pills worked for 15 years, then started failing, tried everything else, results were downhill year after year, IPP surgery on 5th March 2024, Dr Amr Raheem, International Andrology Clinic, London AMS 700 LGS 18cm plus 3

Rider1400

Re: Green light for cycling the device at 23rd day

Postby Rider1400 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

I have a coloplast Titan but have heard similar stories about both. Yes, my first few cycling was barely 3-4 pumps. Did this for a couple weeks and would add pumps as I could then about 4-5 weeks in I started the perito exercises and was able to add pumps about 1-2 more every week or 2. By 4-5 months was getting 10-15 pumps by 6-8 months was get18-20 or more small ones. By the time I was maxed out I get 25 or so pretty full pumps and then 6-8 small pumps and then I run out of fluid in my tank and the pump stays flat. At this point I stopped cycling daily and obviously quit the perito exercises as I’ve reached my true max! Totally happy with what I have! It’s everything I can ever remember and then a little xtra girth than I can ever remember. Hang in there and keep at it! Time and cycling cures most issues or concerns.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm

dmmp76 wrote:Hi all,

So, today I was, finally, given the green light to start cycling the device, I have to say I was eagerly waiting :D

On my first and second attempt I could only do 3 pumps and 2 other half ones until the pump bulb became too hard to press.

I have left the device for a full hour each time, not much pain, just some tickling on the glans.

I was wondering if I might be doing something wrong when activating the pump, I do one first hard squeeze, and then slower ones as recommended, but only getting three or four actually frustrated me a little bit.

How was it for you guys?

I’m pretty sure I have the exact same implant as you. I have the AMS 700 LGX with 3cm rear tips.

When I first got cleared to cycle my implant, the pump bulb was pretty stiff or I was still sore in my scrotum and I could only manage about 10 pumps.
Now that I’m 26 months out from surgery I can get in 25 full pumps and a few more half pumps after I let it stretch for a little bit.
When I say full pumps, I squeeze the pump until I can feel the inside walls of the pump touch.
I hold the pump in place with my left index finger and thumb at the top of the pump block pulling it gently down to hold in place. I use my right index finger knuckle and the middle of my thumb to pump so that I’m using my forearm muscles rather than just the finger muscles.
But you can try different methods to see what works for you.
I’m attaching a YouTube video with instructions.
I use Option C when inflating.

https://youtu.be/qwp0YfSLxIU?si=CJRm-vTIcuS2StSI

Good Luck,
I hope this helps,
S-Works
Last edited by SWorks17 on Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

dmmp76

Postby dmmp76 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:42 pm

SWorks17 wrote:
dmmp76 wrote:Hi all,

How was it for you guys?

I’m pretty sure I have the exact same implant as you. I have the AMS 700 LGX with 3cm rear tips.

When I first got cleared to cycle my implant, the pump bulb was pretty stiff or I was still sore in my scrotum and I could only manage about 10 pumps.
Now that I’m 26 months out from surgery I can get in 25 full pumps and a few more half pumps after I let it stretch for a little bit.
When I say full pumps, I squeeze the pump until I can feel the inside walls of the pump touch.
I hold the pump in place with my left index finger and thumb at the top of the pump block pulling it gently down to hold in place. I use my right index finger knuckle and the middle of my thumb to pump so that I’m using my forearm muscles rather than just the finger muscles.
But you can try different methods to see what works for you.
I’m attaching a YouTube video with instructions.
I use Option C when inflating.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXC8 ... VNwmn7uTsZ

Good Luck,
I hope this helps,
S-Works

Hi, indeed I believe we have the same implant and thank you for the reply.

I felt a little frustrated by the shape and size post surgery and that it looks like my penis is not looking great, I'll post a picture in the other comments section, it just seems odd shaped and the size was an absolute killer.

Everyone has been quite reassuring that everything will become "normal " so I'm just cycling for two days now and see how it goes
47 years old, ED since early 20,s, pills worked for 15 years, then started failing, tried everything else, results were downhill year after year, IPP surgery on 5th March 2024, Dr Amr Raheem, International Andrology Clinic, London AMS 700 LGS 18cm plus 3

newhope

Postby newhope » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:03 am

If you were sized right with cycling you should regain most of the length

What is your pre op and now length?
LGX 18 + 1, reservoir with 90 cc. 2023/12
Pre-OP VED length: 5.5". Post-OP: 4". At 3 months post-op: 5".
Cycling with a lot of pain
If you have a motorcycle or a bike stop using it (ED with motorcycle accident).

dmmp76

Postby dmmp76 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:34 am

newhope wrote:If you were sized right with cycling you should regain most of the length

What is your pre op and now length?

I was 17.6cm when hard, I was implanted with a 18 + 3, I haven't measured yet.

It looks so flatten that it has been playing with my mind, my dick was quite roundish and very good girth, now it just looks very flat and skinny, almost no meat on the sides

newhope

Postby newhope » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:35 pm

Ok lets say that you will end up with a 17 cm length.

Your implant is 18+3+3 (3 cm more with the expansion of the LGX). This means a total of 24 cm.

24 -17= 7 cm of crux

If your crux (the internal part of the penis) isnt longer than 7 cm than you should be able to regain your 17 cm

Another way to know is by looking at your flaccid length. To reach 17 cm you should have a deflated length of at least 14 cm now
LGX 18 + 1, reservoir with 90 cc. 2023/12
Pre-OP VED length: 5.5". Post-OP: 4". At 3 months post-op: 5".
Cycling with a lot of pain
If you have a motorcycle or a bike stop using it (ED with motorcycle accident).

dmmp76

Postby dmmp76 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:52 pm

newhope wrote:Ok lets say that you will end up with a 17 cm length.

Your implant is 18+3+3 (3 cm more with the expansion of the LGX). This means a total of 24 cm.

24 -17= 7 cm of crux

If your crux (the internal part of the penis) isnt longer than 7 cm than you should be able to regain your 17 cm

Another way to know is by looking at your flaccid length. To reach 17 cm you should have a deflated length of at least 14 cm now

I am not near that, I just measured myself and it's barely 10cm, I'm still trying to go through the cycling and best ways to make the most of it, I have an appointment with the Dr Raheem on Wednesday and I have a few questions for him.

The penis looks really flat, I can't understand if it's temporarily, while I'm still healing, or if it's going to be like this always, I was told it would be a normal looking penis, still, looks really flat and skinny

Return to “Implants”