Bicycle riding

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ams700xxx

Bicycle riding

Postby ams700xxx » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:33 pm

Implanted guys can you ride a bicycle normally when you are fully recovered from surgery???
fit guy from Europe, back surgery surviver, suffering a bad vl, using shots. Considering to go ipp ams 700 surgery in the future...

jwitten567

Re: Bicycle riding

Postby jwitten567 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:36 pm

Hello, I do some road biking (not as much as before but maybe 40-50 miles/week) but no issues with the implant after about 3-4 months and all the post-surgery pain gone.
Radical Prostatectomy in 2015; failed pills, straight to Coloplast Titan in 2019 by Dr. Valenzuela in NYC, Replaced with AMS 700 CX in 2022 by Dr. Darshan Patel in San Diego, CA. Wish I jumped to an implant even before prostate cancer!

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:20 pm

ams700xxx wrote:Implanted guys can you ride a bicycle normally when you are fully recovered from surgery???

If your bicycle seat hurts you, get one that feels better. There are some seats specially shaped to reduce pressure on the pelvic bones, etc. Some men have no problem with their old seats. Some me feel the need to change. Your experience will be yours and unique to you.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ams700xxx

Postby ams700xxx » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:01 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
ams700xxx wrote:Implanted guys can you ride a bicycle normally when you are fully recovered from surgery???

If your bicycle seat hurts you, get one that feels better. There are some seats specially shaped to reduce pressure on the pelvic bones, etc. Some men have no problem with their old seats. Some me feel the need to change. Your experience will be yours and unique to you.

Thanks for your reply.
fit guy from Europe, back surgery surviver, suffering a bad vl, using shots. Considering to go ipp ams 700 surgery in the future...

ams700xxx

Postby ams700xxx » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:24 am

jwitten567 wrote:Hello, I do some road biking (not as much as before but maybe 40-50 miles/week) but no issues with the implant after about 3-4 months and all the post-surgery pain gone.

Thants for your reply, Wery encouraging to hear...

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:32 am

I believe it is important to make sure that there is no repetitive bending of the tubing from the pump to the cylinders and reservoir.
According to Dr. Eid, this repetitive tube bending is one of the major reasons for an early failure relative to a weaken fatigue of the tubes from this action.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:09 pm

I do a lot of road bike cycling, usually around 100 miles a week but sometimes I can hit 200. It took me a couple months before I felt good on the bike again. I did get one of those no nose seats and it was awful, I couldn't stay on top of the seat because your sit bones are riding right on top of those type seats.
I put my ISM-PL1.1 40 back on my bike and it was very comfortable and no problems with the implant. I also have a Specialized 143mm Power saddle on my other road bike and it is very comfortable also. I thought that the pump would cause problems with the boys down there, but the pump finds its place and I don't even notice it, at least for me.
I wear a Jockey brand sports bikini brief under my cycling bibs and that helps keep everything in place. I wore the bikini brief even before I got the implant because I didn't like the feel of the boys going back and forth on the chamois padding inside the bibs.
I don't know where you live, but I've done the Hotter N Hell 100 mile endurance bike ride in Wichita Falls, Texas several times with the implant and no problems.

Attached is a link to the briefs that I wear, they are sort of like a jock strap but they are very comfortable.

https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/ ... color=3577

Happy Riding,
S-Works
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

ams700xxx

Postby ams700xxx » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:05 pm

SWorks17 wrote:

I do a lot of road bike cycling, usually around 100 miles a week but sometimes I can hit 200. It took me a couple months before I felt good on the bike again. I did get one of those no nose seats and it was awful, I couldn't stay on top of the seat because your sit bones are riding right on top of those type seats.
I put my ISM-PL1.1 40 back on my bike and it was very comfortable and no problems with the implant. I also have a Specialized 143mm Power saddle on my other road bike and it is very comfortable also. I thought that the pump would cause problems with the boys down there, but the pump finds its place and I don't even notice it, at least for me.
I wear a Jockey brand sports bikini brief under my cycling bibs and that helps keep everything in place. I wore the bikini brief even before I got the implant because I didn't like the feel of the boys going back and forth on the chamois padding inside the bibs.
I don't know where you live, but I've done the Hotter N Hell 100 mile endurance bike ride in Wichita Falls, Texas several times with the implant and no problems.

Attached is a link to the briefs that I wear, they are sort of like a jock strap but they are very comfortable.

https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/ ... color=3577

Happy Riding,
S-Works

Thanks for your advice brother...

Up4Real?

Postby Up4Real? » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:51 pm

After trying multiple solutions as to what underwear to wear and with too much perspiration and wedgies, I ask a couple experienced guys and they said the best of all was to wear no underwear! This assumes you are wearing padded cyclist shorts. It works. After I get home I air them out and they are good to go for several rides. I don't like to wash them every time as it wears them out quickly. Just another idea.
Up4Real
1947-76YO Uncut Married 47 years to supportive wife. Serious ED at 65YO. Used pills, VED, rings, Muse, Increasing Trimix: discontinued with 85 units of 80/3/25 didn't work. Got peyronies. 22cm Coloplast Titan 11/18/20. Legacy pump.125ml reservoir. Pleased

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:12 pm

I ride ~60 miles a week, and have been with my AMS CX for the past 11 months or so. No issues with my saddle or device when riding.

Since tubes were mentioned above, Dr. Eid put out a video about the tubes being an issue on the Coloplast Titan with the Touch pump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTQRK4PEbf0
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Return to “Implants”