Bicycle riding

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TANGERINE

Re: Bicycle riding

Postby TANGERINE » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:05 am

Stayingstrong wrote:I believe it is important to make sure that there is no repetitive bending of the tubing from the pump to the cylinders and reservoir.
According to Dr. Eid, this repetitive tube bending is one of the major reasons for an early failure relative to a weaken fatigue of the tubes from this action.

agree with above---for titan, the failure mode is the tubes entering the pump, and repetative flexing is not good. I ride a peloton bike every day for 30 to forty minutes, but I have modified the workout such that I NEVER SIT DOWN, in other words, I am always up. This gives a better workout, and I can do that for 45 minutes. I understand how some different seat designs can help, but for me, I am not taking any chances, so I just stay up.
(note, for AMS, the failure mode is the cylinders material, so maybe the AMS is not as sensitive to bicycle riding ????)
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:07 pm

Jage64 wrote:I ride ~60 miles a week, and have been with my AMS CX for the past 11 months or so. No issues with my saddle or device when riding.

Since tubes were mentioned above, Dr. Eid put out a video about the tubes being an issue on the Coloplast Titan with the Touch pump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTQRK4PEbf0

Jage, are you on Strava?
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:07 pm

SWorks17 wrote:
Jage, are you on Strava?

No, I'm not. A buddy and I ride the same 18+ mile route 3 times a week. It bores him to tears, but I'm a creature of habit and like that it's mostly not on roads where idiot drivers can maim or kill me without a second thought. I don't trust people in cars when I'm IN a car, let alone whizzing by me a couple of feet away when I'm on a bike. Luckily where I live we have extensive paved bike paths winding throughout the cities.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

bp1111

Postby bp1111 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:58 pm

I am not back on my bike yet, but hope to be soon. It’s my primary aerobic exercise and I need to get back to it. I’ve been gaining weight like crazy these last six weeks. Got the release from Dr. Clavell yesterday at 6 week appt. He said to get back on the bike whenever I’m ready. I’ll probably try later this week. Just waiting a few days since I had an increase in swelling recently.
Implanted 2/14/24 at age 50 w/ a 22cm Titan, no RTE's, classic pump by Dr. Clavell after 9+ years of worsening ED. I tried everything from pills to injections. Venous leak confirmed 2/2/24. Healthy, fit and active.

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:12 am

For the first few weeks I wore a tight jockstrap just to keep everything high and tight, but moved back to regular compression shorts pretty quickly.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:49 am

Jage64 wrote:
SWorks17 wrote:
Jage, are you on Strava?

No, I'm not. A buddy and I ride the same 18+ mile route 3 times a week. It bores him to tears, but I'm a creature of habit and like that it's mostly not on roads where idiot drivers can maim or kill me without a second thought. I don't trust people in cars when I'm IN a car, let alone whizzing by me a couple of feet away when I'm on a bike. Luckily where I live we have extensive paved bike paths winding throughout the cities.

Niiiice! About your paved bike paths, we have trails around San Antonio, but you have to watch the walkers and runners.
I agree with you about cars and lots of traffic. I have a Garmin Rear Radar with red light on the back of my bike, it connects to my Garmin 830 bike computer and tells me when vehicles are behind me and how fast they are driving.
It’s getting worse over here where I live, harder and harder to find routes that are out in the country side and safe from idiots.
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Return to “Implants”