Cigna declined me

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jdsatx1977

Cigna declined me

Postby jdsatx1977 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:50 pm

Honestly, I’m not surprised in the least, but I am disappointed. My employer here in San Antonio decided it will be an excellent idea to switch over to CIGNA I wish we had some singing in the matter over here because this was a very poor decision by our benefits people

Out of curiosity, has anybody had any success healing through CIGNA?
46 m / ED and PD combo platter / Severe horglassing / working toward getting implanted soon

rdnkbiker

Re: Cigna declined me

Postby rdnkbiker » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:56 pm

They denied mine to but with very little notice stuck me with a huge bill had i known i would have gone a cash option with a better doc and saved lots of money
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

LastHope

Postby LastHope » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:37 pm

Cigna and Aetna unfortunately won't approve unless it's a life-saving procedure.

JetAirliner

Postby JetAirliner » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:47 pm

I was denied by Cigna three times before I was approved (9 months)

Here is what I did - I contacted my HR manager and basically said “how is it that we are supposedly paying for great insurance coverage and getting crappy coverage?” What I found out was that there were other employees in our company that were not getting covered for Specialty Pharmacuetical Drugs - very expensive. They added a lot of these coverages as my HR threatened to look at new insurance coverage from other companies

I would try to get your your HR to be your ally and look at adding additional coverage options… Do not accept no and fight like a mother

Crazy_Horse

Postby Crazy_Horse » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:45 pm

It's time for men to start advocating for things that concern men. If this were abortion or contraception it would never be a question.

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:08 pm

jdsatx1977 wrote:Honestly, I’m not surprised in the least, but I am disappointed. My employer here in San Antonio decided it will be an excellent idea to switch over to CIGNA I wish we had some singing in the matter over here because this was a very poor decision by our benefits people

What would you " sing " to persuade them I wonder :lol:
54 - Coloplast Titan 22cm , Implanted by Dr. Clavell in April 2023

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:44 pm

jdsatx1977 wrote:Honestly, I’m not surprised in the least, but I am disappointed. My employer here in San Antonio decided it will be an excellent idea to switch over to CIGNA I wish we had some singing in the matter over here because this was a very poor decision by our benefits people

What sounds like an excellent idea to companies usually doesn't mean the best for the plan participants. It is a sly way of saying we can save us some $$.
I wish you the best of luck. Get really good at filing appeals.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

jdsatx1977

Postby jdsatx1977 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:59 pm

Journeyman wrote:

I just saw that. Made me laugh. I needed that. :D :D

Funny thing is I am in law school, and am pretty good at crafting documents to get their attention. I do that for my current employer and can curate a solid response. Who knows if it’ll work, but I’m sure as hell going to fight it
46 m / ED and PD combo platter / Severe horglassing / working toward getting implanted soon

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:34 am

jdsatx1977 wrote:
Journeyman wrote:

I just saw that. Made me laugh. I needed that. :D :D

Funny thing is I am in law school, and am pretty good at crafting documents to get their attention. I do that for my current employer and can curate a solid response. Who knows if it’ll work, but I’m sure as hell going to fight it

I initially got approved ( Anthem/ Blue Cross ) in my home state , decided to have Dr.Clavell do the surgery instead . The approval disappeared ! It's like the right hand didn't know the left hand ALREADY FUCKING APPROVED THE SURGERY! Dr. Clavell did a " peer to peer " review with a Dr representative from the insurance company. After the review I got approved again . Flew to Houston and I'm almost a year post op. Don't ever give up and roll over for these fuck insurance companies that take and take and never want to pay . See if the " peer to peer " review is an option for you . I'd ask...you have nothing to lose .

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:42 am

.....btw .... that shit happens to me all the time . Youre typing away , type exactly what you meant . The fucking phone autocorrects to some other word and I didn't catch it before I hit " send ." Pisses me off . I knew you meant you wish you had a " say in " and it changed it to singing. That made ME laugh

Return to “Implants”