First follow up visit, 14th day after surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dmmp76

First follow up visit, 14th day after surgery

Postby dmmp76 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:48 am

Hi all,

So today I had my first follow-up visit following the IPP surgery.

Dr Raheem wanted me to start working on cycling the device, although, as he started pressing the pump, my testicles went absolutely red and it hurt like hell, still, he pumped a few times and boy, did it hurt, he said that the tissue is still sore so we will wait for another week, I was told that I should not have pain in the testicles while cycling, just some expected disconfort, therefore, no cycling the device for another week.

After a few pumps, he asked me to look at my dick and, boy, I must have put such a shocked face that the doctor was quick to reassuring me that this is not how it going to look, it's just the tissue is still recovering and with the surgery the muscles constraint abd I'll need to cycle, cycle, cycle, until the penis gets a normal shape.

I mean, guys, I was in fucking shock when I looked at my dick, it looks like someone went over it with a flatener, my God, for the first time I actually doubted if I had made the right choice, not round, not oval, more flatten than anything else, I was in disbelief, still am.

I had no pain when he inflated the device, apart from the soreness on my testicles, he left it inflated at 70% for 15m and no pain at all, I then asked him about the shape, unusual abd nothing like a normal penis.

Again, he explained that the tissue needs to heal and cycling is of most importance, as it will bring back shape, and regain lost size, I lost about 1.87cm length and my girth is smaller as well.

I wanted to ask you guys that already went through this stage, is a more round shape coming back at any point? And how to deal with this shock, maybe I was expecting something unrealistic the very first time I would see my dick inflated?

I appreciate your answers.

Best regards
Dario
47 years old, ED since early 20,s, pills worked for 15 years, then started failing, tried everything else, results were downhill year after year, IPP surgery on 5th March 2024, Dr Amr Raheem, International Andrology Clinic, London AMS 700 LGS 18cm plus 3

Rider1400

Re: First follow up visit, 14th day after surgery

Postby Rider1400 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:12 am

This exact question comes up with a LOT of guys new to this forum. Glad to tell you this is totally normal! The worries and the shape are very common concerns. This will all get back to a somewhat normal dick in time. I remember the first dozen times I pumped thinking wow! Is this what I have to work with now!!?? Even though I had researched it to death and knew this was a common concern ,it’s still totally different when it’s your meat you’re looking at! It takes time…. At first pump I was a little over an inch short and girth was definitely smaller. Again I knew from research this would get better but it’s hard to see it. At first I could only get about 4-6 pumps in and it was hard as a rock. By 10 months it takes 25-30 pumps to max out! Everything, the implant and your tissues has a lot of breaking in to do. Over the first month things settle in and shape starts coming back. If you had good engorgement of the glans and shaft prior to implant you should get it back within a few months gradually. There’s two different blood supplies to the dick. One fills the cavernosa which give you an erection, the other is seperate and it engorges the glans and shaft. The first is basically destroyed when you have the implants installed. The second is going to take some time because of the swelling and irritation but it should still work as well as it did prior. Within a month I was getting some engorgement and by 4-5 months I had a full round dick when stimulated. It still takes stimulation to get this engorgement. If I just pump with no stimulation I still get an oval dick. As soon as I get stimulation it starts filling out. Within 6 months I was a half inch back, by 10-11 months I was back to full length and my girth had actually increased . Every Drs plan is different but I went with twice a day for 30 minutes ea time and used the perito exercises after the first month I continued this for a year. After a year it wasn’t necessary because I was maxed out completely, as in ran out of fluid in my resivour. Pumped the ball and it doesn’t refill. That’s true max. Time will fix most issues, just enjoy your recovery and having a rock hard dick again…. It just keeps getting better with time!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

dmmp76

Postby dmmp76 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:25 am

Rider1400 wrote:This exact question comes up with a LOT of guys new to this forum. Glad to tell you this is totally normal! The worries and the shape are very common concerns. This will all get back to a somewhat normal dick in time. I remember the first dozen times I pumped thinking wow! Is this what I have to work with now!!?? Even though I had researched it to death and knew this was a common concern ,it’s still totally different when it’s your meat you’re looking at! It takes time…. At first pump I was a little over an inch short and girth was definitely smaller. Again I knew from research this would get better but it’s hard to see it. At first I could only get about 4-6 pumps in and it was hard as a rock. By 10 months it takes 25-30 pumps to max out! Everything, the implant and your tissues has a lot of breaking in to do. Over the first month things settle in and shape starts coming back. If you had good engorgement of the glans and shaft prior to implant you should get it back within a few months gradually. There’s two different blood supplies to the dick. One fills the cavernosa which give you an erection, the other is seperate and it engorges the glans and shaft. The first is basically destroyed when you have the implants installed. The second is going to take some time because of the swelling and irritation but it should still work as well as it did prior. Within a month I was getting some engorgement and by 4-5 months I had a full round dick when stimulated. It still takes stimulation to get this engorgement. If I just pump with no stimulation I still get an oval dick. As soon as I get stimulation it starts filling out. Within 6 months I was a half inch back, by 10-11 months I was back to full length and my girth had actually increased . Every Drs plan is different but I went with twice a day for 30 minutes ea time and used the perito exercises after the first month I continued this for a year. After a year it wasn’t necessary because I was maxed out completely, as in ran out of fluid in my resivour. Pumped the ball and it doesn’t refill. That’s true max. Time will fix most issues, just enjoy your recovery and having a rock hard dick again…. It just keeps getting better with time!

Thanks for the reply,

As you mentioned, I guess that when you look at your meat, what you had, although not always functioning, still, when functioning, what I had and what I saw today, it was really shocking.

I'll need to work on my mindset to adjust to this and work on regaining soon as cleared by the doctor, I had a very good engorgement before surgery, so taking support on your words haha that with time and cycling, using, the device, everything will be back to normal

Thanks
Dario
47 years old, ED since early 20,s, pills worked for 15 years, then started failing, tried everything else, results were downhill year after year, IPP surgery on 5th March 2024, Dr Amr Raheem, International Andrology Clinic, London AMS 700 LGS 18cm plus 3

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:34 am

Your penis will become normal shape when aroused.

dmmp76

Postby dmmp76 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:51 am

ED2013 wrote:Your penis will become normal shape when aroused.

Thanks, really hoping so as like this it looks like I could use it for cricket playing lol :D :D

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:16 pm

Yes it takes time for everything to get back into place. Shape will come soon. My doc did the same thing, grab and squeeze to deflate and about had me on the ceiling.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

monkfroot

Postby monkfroot » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:33 pm

So for every revision, you go through this all over again?
Titan OTR implanted on 1/26/24. PE and Anxiety of varied degrees since age 19. Varicocele issues past 30 years. Type 2 Diabetic since 2013, pills didnt work, minimal reaction to shots, some VL, still had morning/overnight wood, but moderate quality.

dmmp76

Postby dmmp76 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:27 pm

Old Guy wrote:Yes it takes time for everything to get back into place. Shape will come soon. My doc did the same thing, grab and squeeze to deflate and about had me on the ceiling.

Indeed, it was absolutely painful, and such a shock to see it so flatten

dmmp76

Postby dmmp76 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:29 pm

monkfroot wrote:So for every revision, you go through this all over again?

I need to be at the clinic again, next week Thursday, and yes, I believe I will go through the same.

Hopefully the skin in the Scrotum will be less sensitive

Return to “Implants”