Need help with maybe stuck AMS LGX pump...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DeadlineDave

Need help with maybe stuck AMS LGX pump...

Postby DeadlineDave » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:50 pm

I am at 11 weeks. I had HUGE swelling which took about 8 weeks to go down to where I could start feeling parts. During the first 6 weeks, I was about 70% inflated which got uncomfortable and old. Then I took 4 airplane trips and it blew up again, so am just now back where I was.

I went to see Dr. Kansas yesterday, awesome as usual. He said there is still swelling around the deflate button, but he found it, and I was able to find it a few times. I put in 4 or so pumps, found the deflate and actually heard the elusive vibration sound. It wasn't easy, but I did it. He left me in a room a while to practice, and said to keep working on it and within 2 weeks or so I'd be an expert.

I came home that evening, expecting the same small success, but when I pressed the bulb to pump, it put 1 pump in, I'm pretty sure, but the bulb stayed depressed, and didn't fill back up quickly. I'm pretty sure I've deflated that single pump and re-inflated it with a single pump, but this is pretty hard. There is so much swelling around the bar with the button, I can only surmise where it is and push like hell.

I remember reading something about "resetting" a pump....maybe holding down deflate and pumping, but since it's all sort of vague down there.....like a wad of biscuit dough around all of it, I can't do much.

It worked just fine in his office in the morning, so I can't imagine that I "broke" anything sitting at a desk. It's discouraging, but I'm keeping the faith that I'll get it. I work at it for a while, trying to "feel" the parts, then I take a little break with a warm heating pad.

I'm hoping someone has an idea for me, but it's still nice to have a place to express what's going on.

Thanks,
David
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

northernboy

Re: Need help with maybe stuck AMS LGX pump...

Postby northernboy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:09 pm

Don't get discouraged. It sounds like your main problem is just with the pain and swelling. First of all, do not press the deflate button and pump at the same time (Do not do this). To reset your pump give it a quick hard squeeze and you should hear it make a little pop noise. It should be fine to pump then. The problem may be that if you have pain down there it can be difficult to make that quick hard squeeze. That has always worked for me and I have the CX version which I am sure has the same pump. Good luck. If that doesn't work, there is an additional reset which I believe is pushing in on the sides of the block that is above the pump. Let me know if the quick squeeze thing doesn't work and I will look the other thing up.
Implanted 2021 AMS 700CX 24 cm + 1 cm RTE Extremely happy 7.75" pre-op and post-op and driving nails on demand.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:32 pm

Practice in a hot bath. It helps immensely. Will loosen everything up.

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:19 pm

northernboy wrote:Don't get discouraged. It sounds like your main problem is just with the pain and swelling. To reset your pump give it a quick hard squeeze and you should hear it make a little pop noise. It should be fine to pump then. That has always worked for me and I have the CX version which I am sure has the same pump. Good luck. If that doesn't work, there is an additional reset which I believe is pushing in on the sides of the block that is above the pump. Let me know if the quick squeeze thing doesn't work and I will look the other thing up.

This hasn't worked yet. I can see the PA but not for 6 days......ugh. I would appreciate it if you knew the other reset. I can push the bulb very, very hard. I'm not sure I'm doing the quick, hard squeeze, however.

Thanks so much.
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:20 pm

ED2013 wrote:Practice in a hot bath. It helps immensely. Will loosen everything up.

Thanks, I tried that yesterday. I will try again today. I find the same effect with a heating pad on low-medium for a few minutes.

SteveD

Postby SteveD » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:55 pm

I've had my AMS LGX almost 3 years and handle the pump 5 - 6 days a week. I always press the deflate button first - then do a quick squeeze to start inflating (and hear / feel the 'pop' previously described). Hope that might work for you.
Otherwise - you may have success calling AMS and talking with one of their reps - they know the 'ins and outs' pretty well. Please share what results - we all learn...
Somewhere on the journey after prostate cancer surgery 2019 - AMS 15/5 IPP 2 years later - saved by a very supportive wife and a great surgery team at Johns Hopkins.

northernboy

Postby northernboy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:25 pm

Here is the other method from the AMS 700 manual: https://www.bostonscientific.com/content/dam/bostonscientific/uro-mh/resources/erectile-dysfunction/ams-700/50659837-01B-ams700-patient-id-ml.pdf

What do I do if the cylinders are difficult to inflate, or if they won’t inflate?
Reset the pump by following these steps:
1. Squeeze the deflation button to refill the pump bulb.
2. Reactivate the pump with a HARD, QUICK squeeze of the pump bulb.
3. Inflate the device normally.

If this doesn’t resolve the problem,
1. Squeeze the sides of the deflation block to refill the pump bulb.
2. Squeeze the deflation button for 2-4 seconds to reset the lock-out mechanism.
3. Reactivate the pump with a HARD, QUICK squeeze of the pump bulb.
4. Inflate the device normally.
DO NOT squeeze the deflation button and pump bulb at the same time. DO NOT squeeze the ends of the deflation block while squeezing the pump bulb at the same time.

Hope this helps.
Implanted 2021 AMS 700CX 24 cm + 1 cm RTE Extremely happy 7.75" pre-op and post-op and driving nails on demand.

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:35 pm

I’ll check out those li ms when I return home after work, but wonder if they mean squeeze the small ends of the bar towards each other, or the wide side?

DB

northernboy

Postby northernboy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:30 pm

I believe it is the two shorter sides but not certain. There are some diagrams in the PDF but does not specifically label it.

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:07 pm

The brochure refers to the sides and the ends, so I’m guessing it’s the broadside. And the worst I can do is hit the deflate

I’m still too doughy to hear clicks.

DB

Return to “Implants”