Titan Revision after 6 years of serious use

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
MikeAN

Titan Revision after 6 years of serious use

Postby MikeAN » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:17 am

Hi all,
It's been a while since I have had a post on here, mostly because my IPP was working just fine. I had a Titan implanted by Dr Kramer in Nov of 2017. There were a few glitches early on with pump misplacement and then pump failure, but for the most part after those things were resolved, it was smooth sailing then on after. Unfortunately, my implant stopped working in early Feb 2024. It would not stay hard, so I knew it would be surgery time again. Living in TX it was a no brainier to contact Dr Clavell. I also reached out to Dr Eid. Dr Eid's scheduled was relatively full and I could not get a televise with him until early March, with surgery being a few months later. Dr Clavell was very helpful and was able to fit me in for surgery on Feb 28th 2024. It has been almost 2 weeks since my surgery and I am recovering nicely. All components were removed and replaced. Most of the initial heavy swelling has receded, but the scrotum and pelvic regions are not fully recovered. I can feel the pump but not the pump components. Icing was very important and am continuing that currently.

Interestingly, my new implant size (Titian 22cm + 1cm RTE) was reduced by 1 cm compared to my initial implant (Titian 22cm + 2cm RTE). My length was measured during surgery to be about 18 cm, bone press, which is identical to what I had before. Dr Clavel said cylinder size reductions happens sometimes on revision but assured that my penis was not shorter. I'll be checking that out once I can start cycling. BTW the failure of the device was in the tubing, a well know weak link for the Coloplast IPP.

I'll be posting updates periodically, since I know there is curiosity about revisions.
1950. Implanted November 1st 2017 by Dr Andrew Kramer with Titian 22cm + 2cm RTE. Pump relocated and replace with Classic pump Jan. 24th, 2018. Pump failure 12/18, Replaced 2/13/19 by Dr Kramer. Revision by Dr Clavell, Feb 28, 2024.

FinallyBionic

Re: Titan Revision after 6 years of serious use

Postby FinallyBionic » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:35 am

Thanks, MikeAN for sharing your experience with the revision here. I hope everything will be good with your new implant.
It is interesting that with a 1cm less in cylinders length, you will still have the same length. I guess Dr. Clavell placed the distal ends of the cylinders a little high up in the crus, thus giving a shorter distance to the implant tips.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:53 am

MikeAN wrote:Hi all,
It's been a while since I have had a post on here, mostly because my IPP was working just fine. I had a Titan implanted by Dr Kramer in Nov of 2017. There were a few glitches early on with pump misplacement and then pump failure, but for the most part after those things were resolved, it was smooth sailing then on after. Unfortunately, my implant stopped working in early Feb 2024. It would not stay hard, so I knew it would be surgery time again. Living in TX it was a no brainier to contact Dr Clavell. I also reached out to Dr Eid. Dr Eid's scheduled was relatively full and I could not get a televise with him until early March, with surgery being a few months later. Dr Clavell was very helpful and was able to fit me in for surgery on Feb 28th 2024. It has been almost 2 weeks since my surgery and I am recovering nicely. All components were removed and replaced. Most of the initial heavy swelling has receded, but the scrotum and pelvic regions are not fully recovered. I can feel the pump but not the pump components. Icing was very important and am continuing that currently.

Interestingly, my new implant size (Titian 22cm + 1cm RTE) was reduced by 1 cm compared to my initial implant (Titian 22cm + 2cm RTE). My length was measured during surgery to be about 18 cm, bone press, which is identical to what I had before. Dr Clavel said cylinder size reductions happens sometimes on revision but assured that my penis was not shorter. I'll be checking that out once I can start cycling. BTW the failure of the device was in the tubing, a well know weak link for the Coloplast IPP.

I'll be posting updates periodically, since I know there is curiosity about revisions.

What, exactly, do you mean by "serious use"?
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:44 am

Thanks for posting your experience. One of my dreaded things, a revision.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:36 am

Stayingstrong wrote:
MikeAN wrote:Hi all,

What, exactly, do you mean by "serious use"?

I guess 24x7 :lol:
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

MikeAN

Postby MikeAN » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:26 pm

By serious use, I mean inflating and deflating daily, sometimes multiple times a day, especially on weekends and vacations.
1950. Implanted November 1st 2017 by Dr Andrew Kramer with Titian 22cm + 2cm RTE. Pump relocated and replace with Classic pump Jan. 24th, 2018. Pump failure 12/18, Replaced 2/13/19 by Dr Kramer. Revision by Dr Clavell, Feb 28, 2024.

MikeAN

Postby MikeAN » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:35 pm

FinallyBionic wrote:Thanks, MikeAN for sharing your experience with the revision here. I hope everything will be good with your new implant.
It is interesting that with a 1cm less in cylinders length, you will still have the same length. I guess Dr. Clavell placed the distal ends of the cylinders a little high up in the crus, thus giving a shorter distance to the implant tips.

Actually, your comment "I guess Dr. Clavell placed the distal ends of the cylinders a little high up in the crus,..." helps me to understand the comment that Dr Clavell made when I expressed concerned about the shorter cylinders. His reply was "It will sit a lot better. You'll see"

Return to “Implants”