Over pumping AMS 700CX

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
FinallyBionic

Re: Over pumping AMS 700CX

Postby FinallyBionic » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:45 am

I think it is normal to be putting in over 70 pumps when you start cycling with AMS. By the time you will get rock-hard at about 30 pumps. This is the case with me. At about 6 months, I used to pump about 30 times to reach max rigidity. However, the pump is still squeezable, but with nothing more going into cylinders. I just stop when I feel that it is rigid enough.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Ibfuelish

Postby Ibfuelish » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:32 am

My short experience so far, 7-8 pumps gets the cylinders hard enough for intercourse, I can pump short pumps another 10 or so for good measure but there’s no real notable difference after the 8th… I have noticed that if I hold the block incorrectly… either my finger accidentally engages the deflate button, or if I’m gripping the two short sides of the block, and I’m really having to squeeze hard to hold on, I can deform the plastic block and it will bypass pressure though the valve as felt by the very noticeable buzz of the pressure blowing off… don’t quote me, but I believe there is a procedure when the valve gets stuck and will neither pump nor deflate that involves squeezing the valve block short side very firmly to reset the valve… so maybe you’re instigating fluid bypass by hitting the button and or deforming the valves block… cause I can’t imagine getting 20 full pumps let alone 70z
57 yo, 20+ years of ED.. no actual diagnosis, just doesn’t work or respond to pills, shots or VED… implanted 1/31/24… 24cm -RTE, AMS 700 CX… slight scarring left corpora. DM2, A1C 6.4, HBP, Hyperlipidemia, 280lbs, 5’11”. Basically Shrek.

Mikedsy

Postby Mikedsy » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:26 am

Had this issue early on. My doctor told me I could not break the pump no matter how hard I squeeze it. Clearly to me it seems the valve gets stuck somehow sometimes. Most of the time with a firm initial press with a noticable pop and 20 pumps and it's rock hard and can't pump anymore. If I wait a little and try to add more that is when, sometimes, the pump becomes very easy to pump and does nothing. Some quick shallow pumps will usually get a little more in. I worried at first it was a sign of a premature failure but I am used to it now and I can always get it to do what I want.
Prostatectomy 1/28/2021 @ age 62
No response from pills, Injections 4/12/2021, Salvage radiation 3/21/2022, Injections stopped working 8/2022, Implant 4/11/2023 AMS CX 18 w/1 cm rte on right side only. Penoscrotal with separate incision for reservoir.

HikerMan

Postby HikerMan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:49 pm

Jage64 wrote:Post op I could pump 100x and never get the 'marble' I read about so often on FT. I was worried. I contacted Dr. Clavell and asked him if there was a bypass valve I was engaging, there is no bypass valve. His counsel was to just continue cycling and things would settle in.

Probably 2 mos. post op I was in the hot tub with my wife and started pumping. I got to 20 and it was like a marble. Something changed in that hot tub, something finally softened or seated. Since that day 10 mos ago I can only get in 20 pumps to rock hard. My wife prefers 16. ;)

My wife actually actually doesn't like a rock hard erection.
She really enjoys a little pliability so she can move around on me and it.
I'm happy to accommodate!

To each their own I guess. 8-)
AMS 700 installed 12/22/22
REAR TIP Extender 5.0CM MR Conditional
AMS 700 SPHERICAL RESERVOIR 100 ML.
AMS 700 LGX INFRA PUBIC 18 cm
Dr. Jeffrey Loh Doyle- USC KECK
Prostate cancer survivor- RP performed 8/20
56, Marathon runner, John Muir Trail fanatic.

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:56 pm

HikerMan wrote:
Jage64 wrote:Post op I could pump 100x and never get the 'marble' I read about so often on FT. I was worried. I contacted Dr. Clavell and asked him if there was a bypass valve I was engaging, there is no bypass valve. His counsel was to just continue cycling and things would settle in.

Probably 2 mos. post op I was in the hot tub with my wife and started pumping. I got to 20 and it was like a marble. Something changed in that hot tub, something finally softened or seated. Since that day 10 mos ago I can only get in 20 pumps to rock hard. My wife prefers 16. ;)

My wife actually actually doesn't like a rock hard erection.
She really enjoys a little pliability so she can move around on me and it.
I'm happy to accommodate!

To each their own I guess. 8-)

I think we're saying the same thing, did you read my last sentence?
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

Return to “Implants”