Playing around with my pump before first inflation...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
monkfroot

Playing around with my pump before first inflation...

Postby monkfroot » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:21 am

Is it normal for the pump (Titan OTR) to be hard as a rock before the first inflation? I just felt it and cant imagine squeezing this thing a bunch of times before inflation ...
Titan OTR implanted on 1/26/24. PE and Anxiety of varied degrees since age 19. Varicocele issues past 30 years. Type 2 Diabetic since 2013, pills didnt work, minimal reaction to shots, some VL, still had morning/overnight wood, but moderate quality.

nerdynerd

Re: Playing around with my pump before first inflation...

Postby nerdynerd » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:39 am

Yes, and it will soften up as you use it. After about a couple of weeks I noticed it was easier to pump.
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

jasejuk

Postby jasejuk » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:16 pm

I have actually pumped mine up yesterday for the first time.

If you look at the Clavell videos and get the right hold before pumping (so you don't slip), it is not that difficult. Mine is quite soft, really,
and I thought it would be harder.

It's all about getting the hand locked in steady. The technique seems to be what it's about.

It's the deflating that is more difficult. Especially if the scrotum sack is tight, and I guess that's why baths are recommended.
Still, after a few tries --bingo, a great Boner being deflated.
Age 50. ED since 25 yrs old. Used pills etc. Last 10 years, everything, including injections --did not work. Doppler test diagnosed VL. Implanted Coloplast Titan 22cm UK NHS ( --13/02/2024 Coloplast with Dr Win Gan Lee -- UCLH London UK)

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:27 pm

just wait until you get to play around with your penis, SO much better than just playing around with the pump. ;)
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

monkfroot

Postby monkfroot » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:38 pm

jasejuk wrote:I have actually pumped mine up yesterday for the first time.

If you look at the Clavell videos and get the right hold before pumping (so you don't slip), it is not that difficult. Mine is quite soft, really,

It's all about getting the hand locked in steady. The technique seems to be what it's about.

It's the deflating that is more difficult. Especially if the scrotum sack is tight, and I guess that's why baths are recommended.

Congrats!

1) Did it hurt?
2) since you are a fellow Titaner, what percent girth growth do you estimate that you saw going from being deflated to being fully inflated?
Titan OTR implanted on 1/26/24. PE and Anxiety of varied degrees since age 19. Varicocele issues past 30 years. Type 2 Diabetic since 2013, pills didnt work, minimal reaction to shots, some VL, still had morning/overnight wood, but moderate quality.

jasejuk

Postby jasejuk » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:38 pm

monkfroot wrote:

Congrats!

1) Did it hurt?
2) since you are a fellow Titaner, what percent girth growth do you estimate that you saw going from being deflated to being fully inflated?

It did not hurt at all inflating but discomfort kicked in after 5 mins or so. As we speak I have some discomfort but this is expected as mentioned in the forum.

Girth grew a lot. I was really pleased.

It becomes pretty damn hard even not fully inflated.

When are you due to start cycling?

Maybe put a signature at the bottom of your posts as it will help people identify your date, type etc. Might be useful for you.
Age 50. ED since 25 yrs old. Used pills etc. Last 10 years, everything, including injections --did not work. Doppler test diagnosed VL. Implanted Coloplast Titan 22cm UK NHS ( --13/02/2024 Coloplast with Dr Win Gan Lee -- UCLH London UK)

monkfroot

Postby monkfroot » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:56 pm

jasejuk wrote:
monkfroot wrote:

Congrats!

1) Did it hurt?

It did not hurt at all inflating but discomfort kicked in after 5 mins or so. As we speak I have some discomfort but this is expected as mentioned in the forum.

Girth grew a lot. I was really pleased.

It becomes pretty damn hard even not fully inflated.

When are you due to start cycling?

Maybe put a signature at the bottom of your posts as it will help people identify your date, type etc. Might be useful for you.

Thanks - so girth bigger than pre op even?

I was going to add a signature at some point. but I usually add the relevant detail or contextual.

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:37 pm

The skin on your scrotum is a lot like the skin on your elbow. You’ll be amazed, eventually, how hard you can squeeze the bulb and it doesn’t hurt a bit.
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

bp1111

Postby bp1111 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:17 pm

I went down a similar path… playing with and figuring out the pump awhile ago and then deciding to first deflate and then pump it up. I was fortunate that it was all quite easy for me and no pain or discomfort. I’ll post some more detail on my own thread to avoid running on here. So far so good here.
Implanted 2/14/24 at age 50 w/ a 22cm Titan, no RTE's, classic pump by Dr. Clavell after 9+ years of worsening ED. I tried everything from pills to injections. Venous leak confirmed 2/2/24. Healthy, fit and active.

Bigdog4all

Postby Bigdog4all » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:36 pm

monkfroot wrote:Is it normal for the pump (Titan OTR) to be hard as a rock before the first inflation? I just felt it and cant imagine squeezing this thing a bunch of times before inflation ...

I have the AMS 700. I have been just touching and fondling the pump bulb. I agree, this damn pump is a ROCK. Nothing soft or touchable about this pump. There is no way I'm gonna squeeze or pump this thing. I will need some pliers or a hammer to squeeze this ROCK. I was pleased with the surgery, but as hard as this rock (Pump) is, I can't see myself ever using this thing. And I thought I read everything on here about the implant process. I just don't remember ever reading about a rock being installed in my scrotum. Even that damn demo mock-up, in the office, was just hard plastic, not a stone. Hell, my URO covered and reviewed, and it was never mentioned that the pump would be like a rock. So as I see it, the surgery was a 1 or 2, on the scale, compared to squeezing this rock or stone. Squeezing the stone is a 14 or 15. You will need a good set of pliers or vise grips, to use this thing.
72, AMS 700 LGX. Married to an Angel. Discovered ED at 67. Path = Diabetic, Supplements, Pills, Needle, Pump, and finally AMS 700 (2-8-24).

Return to “Implants”