Need Pump info or illustrations videos

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bigdog4all

Need Pump info or illustrations videos

Postby Bigdog4all » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:29 am

Pump info or illustrations videos...

On my forth week - Post Surgery. Trying to build up the nerves to start searching and feeling for the pump. So far I can feel the grape ball thingy. Even with slightest squeeze pressure.....I stop. I can really only feel the bottom of the grape. Never can I feel the entire grape and only ever so slightly can I feel the release value. Guess I'm slightly scared to grab the pump and squeeze to pump. Does one have to take pain meds to squeeze the scrotum, which in turn squeezes the grape. I think my scrotum sack to too tender to be squeezing on. Are there any beginner videos on the this process? My hands / fingers might be to big to reach in that area. All my healing has been very satisfactory. But now I'm getting interested in the hardware down there. So, I'm off to curious land but want to remain cautious. I tried a warm shower thinking the warmth would soften up the pump. But as of right now, the pump ball is to ridget and stiff.
72, AMS 700 LGX. Married to an Angel. Discovered ED at 67. Path = Diabetic, Supplements, Pills, Needle, Pump, and finally AMS 700 (2-8-24).

monkfroot

Re: Need Pump info or illustrations videos

Postby monkfroot » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:57 am

The demo videos are online via google search. did they give you demo pump to play with leaving the hospital?
Titan OTR implanted on 1/26/24. PE and Anxiety of varied degrees since age 19. Varicocele issues past 30 years. Type 2 Diabetic since 2013, pills didnt work, minimal reaction to shots, some VL, still had morning/overnight wood, but moderate quality.

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:27 pm

Soak in a warm tub for a few minutes and relax. You will be able to feel the pump and release button. Do not pump until you feel the release button!! The pump will be hard as a rock the first few times you pump it up. Relax and practice and have fun with it. It all feels totally unnatural right now but eventually you won’t even know it’s there.
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:40 pm

Big Dog:

What have they installed in you?

I don’t know that it makes much difference, but I don’t want to tell a Titan recipient how I manipulated things early with my AMS.

Otherwise, you’re describing my first 3 weeks of WTF? It’s why I got in my truck every 2 or 3 days, drove to Austin, let them put me in a spare exam room, and pumped/deflated/repeat with medical supervision nearby in the event I couldn’t deflate.

You sound like me…I had some swelling but the doc wanted me cycling. In my case the bulb had the texture and feel of a rock in my nutsack. I felt like I was moving no fluid at all, but I was.

I ended up using a scissor type grip of the bulb with left index finger and thumb and squeezing with right hand. Your technique is likely to vary considerably.

Deep breathe and relax. What you’re describing sounds real familiar.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:06 pm

Don't rush it if you aren't comfortable grabbing the pump. At 4 weeks I was still too sore to try. Just know the bulb is going to be very hard to squeeze at first. I use both thumbs to press the bulb and keep the pump between fingers so it doesn't slip away. It's a technique you'll figure out once your soreness goes away.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

anotherguy

Postby anotherguy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:42 pm

I also have the AMS LGX 700 pump also. I had similar issues locating my pump. I think that a lot of us had, or are having this issue. You have to get comfortable with feeling your new parts down there. For me, I know that the pump (or the bulb), is at the bottom, and right above that is the release valve.

The pump is round, and the release vale is rectangular.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer
AMS LGX 21cm + 1.5cm rte
great results | great surgeon
Here is a YouTube video of Dr. Andrew Kramer performing penile implant surgery

Bigdog4all

Postby Bigdog4all » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:55 pm

Didn't mean to not explain exactly.....Yes, I can feel the Pump bulb, but it's hard as hell, like a marble or rock. It's in the middle and floating in good space. And yes, I can feel that oblong thingy on top. But I don't have the nerve to try to pump that hard bulb or put the squeeze on that thing at the top. And also, I have two of them plastic pump mock-ups from the URO. I hope that pump is not what's inside. For if it is, I now know why I don't have it in me to squeeze that bulb. I also understand why my URO mentioned why you don't want your wife using it as foreplay. Since my surgery implant, I don't want my wife no where near my package. Maybe after a year or so, I might have the nerve to touch, squeeze, or pump down there. Call me a chicken, if you want, but I am not ready to start pumping. jugging, or any activity down there. But as they say, This too shall pass. Oh, I do have that AMS 700.
72, AMS 700 LGX. Married to an Angel. Discovered ED at 67. Path = Diabetic, Supplements, Pills, Needle, Pump, and finally AMS 700 (2-8-24).

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:12 pm

Most times your Dr or their assistant will show you the first time. My Dr said give it a pump or two and then release it, repeat, until you feel confident that you can release it then start adding pumps. If you get one good pump on and can’t release it it’s not the end of the world. Start slow and build at your own pace. Most Drs won’t consider your apprehension and would just grab it and show you. I was messing with mine by day 3-4. Pumped it on day 14 and released and by day 16-18 was pumping it hard. Had sex on the 21st day, but was very sore, and it was a nerve wracking experience!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:04 pm

I’ve recounted these tales before, Dog, but you’re here and it’s right now and this isn’t research where you can go back to old posts.

Where I was and where you are right now is unsettling. Unnerving. Scary as shit in some respects. I’ve been there. I wish I could magically give you the experience I’ve gained in 4+ years but I can’t.

The longest journey begins with a single step. Trust me on this. It won’t be long before you master this process. But you have to be a little bit bold.

Not crazy. Or foolish. Or fearless. But to reach into your scrotum and start pumping requires a guy to be just a little bit bold. In some ways it’s not that far removed from the first time you got laid.

One of the reasons I picked a doc close to home (well, 84 miles each way) was I knew myself. When they took out the drain on day 3 and told me to cycle I thought…..uhhhhhh-no.

But I burned the gasoline and went back a couple of times I really didn’t need to but it was a security blanket. Yes, I was sore. And bruised. And early on I’d squeeze that pump and it was like a rock and I didn’t think I’d inflated the cylinders at all. But then I’d hit the release valve and feel it go buzz as the fluid went back to the reservoir.

Just past two weeks in the surgeon came in to my follow up visit and observed me inflate and deflate and admired his work and told me I could have sex with it whenever I felt ready. That step took me a couple of extra weeks.

You’re not on a schedule, there’s no deadline, and it’s not a competition. Do things when YOU are ready. Just keep in mind that those of us who have gone before you…..we have been where you are, have had pretty much the same thoughts, and regardless of whether we started pumping at 4 days or 4 weeks it was an ordeal at first.

You (or your insurance carrier) have paid the doc for his expertise. As you Wade into deeper waters I don’t think I’d ignore the clinic as a resource. In my mind talking newly bionic guys thru the transition process is one of the things they get paid for.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

favalodo

Postby favalodo » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:20 am

I read all of ya'lls comments and amazed. I had a difficult implant. I was in OR over 6 hours. Dr had it pumped to 50% for 10 days then he deflated me setting me back 4 day more sore. I can now feel pump and barely the release button. I 'm exploring. I am 27 days out and no way I could squeeze that pump. I go back in 2 weeks for the lift-off, and I don't think I will be ready. I'm amazed some of you try pumping so soon. Dr told me don't dare to pump! Amazed how far some of you have gone.
71 y/o with Coloplast Titan Touch on Feb 7 2024, Organic ED 6 years, tried Pills, Trimix, Vacuum, LI-ESWT, ESWT. PILLS & Trimix worked for awhile. Married 35 years.

Return to “Implants”