Angle of the Dangle

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
sooner

Angle of the Dangle

Postby sooner » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:26 pm

I've seen lots of discussion here about the dangle in the flaccid state, but I'm wondering if the surgeon has any control over the angle of the erect state. I had peyronies surgery and the angle of the erect state was pointing slightly downward and it was difficult to put any force "behind it," if you know what I mean. I'm wondering if I can tell my surgeon I'd like more like a 90 degree erection or more upward.
Thanks for your assistance. Not something I'd considered before and surgery is scheduled on MONDAY! Very anxious here.
sooner
Peyronie's Disease in late 1990s and surgery to straighten in 2004. Pills no longer effective. Tried injections and not acceptable. Currently using VED as pre-implant therapy.

SteveTex

Re: Angle of the Dangle

Postby SteveTex » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:42 pm

your flacid state will be larger than before. I was always about average erect (5 3/4), but smaller flacid. Now after the implant I am about 1/3 erect all the time. Its actually not too bad as its easy to fold in any direction . the IPP tip is hard, so that part stays hard all the time. i have a lean to the right, but I've actually become used to it and like it now.

My flacid state if about 3 1/2" now, so its looks pretty good as a package; however, I only get about 1" additional erect, so all in all I've lost more than an inch erect. From talking to various people with IPPs, I think that it is most common to lose some length. It makes sense logically. I'm 4 mos post-IPP, so hoping to gain more length from my AMS 700 LGX.
Age 61.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 pm

sooner wrote:but I'm wondering if the surgeon has any control over the angle of the erect state

No there is no control over the "angle of the dangle" ... it is what it is ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 pm

sooner wrote:I've seen lots of discussion here about the dangle in the flaccid state, but I'm wondering if the surgeon has any control over the angle of the erect state. I had peyronies surgery and the angle of the erect state was pointing slightly downward and it was difficult to put any force "behind it," if you know what I mean. I'm wondering if I can tell my surgeon I'd like more like a 90 degree erection or more upward.
Thanks for your assistance. Not something I'd considered before and surgery is scheduled on MONDAY! Very anxious here.
sooner

In my experience there is somewhat of a "hinge effect" in that when inflated the penis can be moved up or down a ways so it is not fixed in one direction like an erection was when I was younger. But there is a part of the penis that is inside the body and that part has inflatable cylinders too. So when inflated, when either myself or my wife gently aims the head to the right spot I have plenty of ability to push it in as needed due to the rigidity of the inflated cylinders.

I think you won't have a problem.
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 am

I have the Titan implant and it seems to lean toward the left when flaccid. When erect after the pumping it straightens out and that is what it should be like for you when you have the surger.The Peyronies did a job on me, but Dr. Eid did a great job and he knows it too. Dr. Eid evaluated me and decided what was best for me in the condition that I was in. The very best to you in your upcoming surgery.
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

Terry1094

Postby Terry1094 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:25 pm

6 weeks post op and I am leaning to the right at about 3 1/2". I actually like the look to be honest. Have yet to inflate it though.

imhungguy

Postby imhungguy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:53 pm

I am fairly well-endowed and my angle of dangle has always been down. Dave is correct about the "hinge effect" as far as I am concerned, but, yeah, aim where you want it to go and you should be ok.

inthezone

Postby inthezone » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:33 pm

It sounds like most of you let yourself hang down when flaccid?
I was told to keep my implant against my lower abdomen almost all the time.
I was 6 inches before and now I'm 5 & 1/4, so I only lost the size of an engorged glans. I plan to get Restylane Gel injected in the glans soon.
AMS LGX - my doc set me mostly inflated at the end of surgery, so I've been erect for two weeks, 4 more weeks before my followup when he will deflate for the first time.
And to address the topic of this Forum- my angle was straight out before, now it's up more.
AMS 700 LGX Feb 2013.

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Post op you need to keep it pointed up. I tended to lean to the left, so I parked it slightly right and it seemed to help. Now, 2 years later, I still alternate which way I park it to keep the leaning to a minimum. I still lean left though.
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

inthezone

Postby inthezone » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm 3 weeks post-op and
today was the first day I accidentally let my Johnson "freefall" and it landed almost at the same angle as pre-op - a little up from straight out. I'm happy with that.
I am partially inflated until my followup at 6 weeks, so I'm curious if fully inflated will change the angle. But, that's ok too.
AMS 700 LGX Feb 2013.

Return to “Implants”