6 days post implant balls still swollen

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
davidfarley3

6 days post implant balls still swollen

Postby davidfarley3 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:52 pm

Hey guys, first time post. I had implant surgery on Feb. 22, 2024. My surgeon is a well know high volume surgeon from Homewood, Al Dr. Christine. I know i had an ams 700 put in not sure of the sub model. I had major swelling in my balls starting the day after surgery. On day 4 post op the swelling had decreased to about baseball size or a little smaller. Now at day 6 no change. Not much pain just discomfort from swelling. Sitting/laying I'm good. Standing / walking is very uncomfortable. I am taking ibuprofen and have been icing regularly. Last night I tryed a heating pad. Nothing seems to be helping. I'm also wearing comparison shorts (bike shorts) they keep the boys really sung and not swinging. I've also been putting vitamin E oil on my balls because the skin was very dry. It helps with the dryness. I'm sorry for the long post, but I figuard the more info I give the better. Also I beleave my dr left the implant at about 80%pumped no issue with that. I can feel the bottom of the pump on the under side of scrotum it seem to be between my testicles. Which I'm pretty sure is a good thing. Thank you for any advice and encouragement you can offer.

dirtman1993

Re: 6 days post implant balls still swollen

Postby dirtman1993 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:07 pm

80% is much higher than Dr. Kramer left me at about 20% and no problem. Did have internal swelling for over 3 weeks due to amount wrk needed due to scar tissue I had.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:46 pm

At 6 days post that sounds pretty normal. Keep up the ice and ibuprofen. Be a couch potato for a few more days.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:47 pm

I had a lot of swelling in my scrotum after surgery. (Doc said he'd seen worse. I'm glad I didn't see that.) It was resolved enough after 6-7 weeks to get in a pump and find the deflate button.

But then, I took a trip that involved two flights each way and found that the swelling came back. Not as bad as after surgery, but enough to obscure the parts. The doctor suggested it may have been from all the changes in pressure during flying, which kind of makes sense. He said I had a "seroma" around the pump which I read is just a sack of fluid that rushes in to fill voids left by surgery. My worst was/is on the right side where he said he opened to perhaps install the reservoir. (?)

He also said that heat can be inflammatory. I read up on seromas and they suggest using "warm" heat (not hot) for no longer than 15 minutes every few hours. A little warmth may stimulate the circulation without pissing the whole area off. That seems to be getting me some results at this point.

He was very sympathetic, but told me to give it a few weeks again, that everything was really okay. He told me to wear something to keep the scrotum up and secure and to keep my penis, with its obnoxious one pump of inflation pointing up.

I did finally order some ball support underwear from Amazon. One model was garbage and ended up in the garbage. The other, which is basically a pretty jock strap with ice-pack pockets is really working well for me today. I wish I had ordered them before.
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

davidfarley3

Postby davidfarley3 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:00 pm

Thanks for yalls info. I am/ have been in bed for the most part since surgery last Thursday other than getting every few hrs to take a leak and stretch my legs. The ibuprofen helps. The heating pad at 15 min. intervals seems to be providing releaf as well. I just the swelling in my balls to hurry up and go away so I can get up and walk. Plus I want to be able to see what my new hardware looks like.

Nycflugel

Postby Nycflugel » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:16 pm

Put a pillow under your balls when sleeping

When laying down def keep your balls elevated.

It will go down in time.

Also I got at the end. A ball sack holder. Which helped as when I walked I had to hold my balls.

Also put warming pad on and warm baths.

favalodo

Postby favalodo » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:05 am

Hey 6 days? You better calm down and get use to it. I'm at 23 days and I am writting to you with a warm heating pad and pillow between my legs. Stay comfortable and do little for awhile. I tried a 2 block walk at day 6 and 8. Ooph it set me off, so now I do as little as possible. I can say at day 23 I am much much better place. I hope 1 more week and I'll be ok.
71 y/o with Coloplast Titan Touch on Feb 7 2024, Organic ED 6 years, tried Pills, Trimix, Vacuum, LI-ESWT, ESWT. PILLS & Trimix worked for awhile. Married 35 years.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:47 pm

Normal. 6 days is still very early.

Return to “Implants”