Coloplast vs. AMS

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Stayingstrong

Coloplast vs. AMS

Postby Stayingstrong » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:47 am

Are there any actual, valid statistics that document early, premature Titan product failures to AMS failures and the specific reason (part of IPP...ie.. pump, reservoir, cylinders, tubing) for the failure?
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Flounder

Re: Coloplast vs. AMS

Postby Flounder » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:22 am

Both AMS and Coloplast are ISO certified companies. The ISO standard requires that they analyze warranty returns and use that data to drive continual improvement actions. This is a fundamental requirement of the ISO standard.

However, the standard does not require companies to make their data public or compare it to their competitors. In short, both AMS and Coloplast probably have very detailed early failures data. But you’ll never see it.
A-69, M-44, Battling ED since partial NS-Prostatectomy 2012 plus SRT for PCa return 2016
Pills & injections ran their course. Implant 11/11/22 by Dr. Eid.
Titan Classic 22cm, LH cylinder trimmed, Ectopic reservoir placement.

Gt1956

Re: Coloplast vs. AMS

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:40 pm

An evening with FT on the internet & a decent sized pad of paper will do the trick
Write the names of those that you find in two columms. AMS & Titan.
A spreadsheet program would be even better cause it can sort the data.
I think the bigger issue is how to correct for the differences in market share that each company has. I've heard that AMS sells more implants than Coloplast but I haven't seen that data for a few years.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”