Implant failure

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Ruktitan

Re: Implant failure

Postby Ruktitan » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:32 pm

Ruktitan wrote:Any ideas what this weird lump is since pump failure!??

All of a sudden I have this tubing something. It feels like a hard plastic cube. Never had this before when it was working. I can also hear if I squeeze the implants a squishing bubbling sound. I guess from the leak. Anything I should be worried about?

The next available appointment with urologist is end of August! This has ruined 2024 already.

All of a sudden I have this tubing something. It feels like a hard plastic cube. Never had this before when it was working. I can also hear if I squeeze the implants a squishing bubbling sound. I guess from the leak. Anything I should be worried about?

The next available appointment with urologist is end of August! This has ruined 2024 already.
20240305_232756.jpg
20240305_232756.jpg (637.16 KiB) Viewed 152 times
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:45 pm

The little cube thing on the tube is probably the splice where they connect the reservoir (or the cylinders if not a pre connected unit ) the squishing sound you hear is from air in the system. Mine did that on my first one as it all didn't leak out so I could still pump about 3 times or so before it went flat, this time it's one pump that's all... Still haven't figured out how if the fluid leaks out, air gets in? I mean it is sealed inside you right?
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:36 am

You mean appointment with the surgeon who did your implant? I do not know if you have access to a competent implant surgeon in your area and insurance coverage, but you need to an expert opinion. From what I read in your posts, there is a leak somewhere in the tubing rather than a pump failure which is most common with Titan. Unfortunately, waiting till August will affect your size, as you will not be able to inflate for almost 6 months.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Ruktitan

Postby Ruktitan » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:19 pm

I think I can actually feel the bottom of the pump has a split. When I press it in its not smooth anymore on the bottom.

Yeah the 6 months wait is not okay. I'm based in the UK and it's NHS. I don't have insurance and it would be in the cost of £15k to go private. I have had to make a private consultation in 2 weeks and hope they can refer me in for more urgent surgery. I can't wait that long it's already ruining my life and relationships.
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

FinallyBionic

Postby FinallyBionic » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:31 pm

I hope they get you an urgent appointment, based on the situation.
Finally Bionic
1969. RP Oct. 2017. Pills and Trimix didn't work. Inguinal hernia repair on both sides. AMS CX 21 cm+1 RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at Kaiser, VA, Jan. 2021. FT member since July 2020 as AST2123. See my previous 457 posts.

Return to “Implants”