Implant failure

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Ruktitan

Implant failure

Postby Ruktitan » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:57 am

Hello all. Can anyone who's implant bulb failure let me know what that feels like? I think mine has failed but want to be sure there is no trick to solve this.

My pump has got stuck many times and managed to resolve but this feels different. The bulb manages 5 or 6 pumps before completely compressing and not refilling. Pressing the valve inflants the bulb again and the process repeats. The penis never inflates or even tries to.

Please help!
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

Ronn1708

Re: Implant failure

Postby Ronn1708 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:02 pm

Not sure which implant you have. I’d had several failures. I never knew what the issue was until after the revision. Each time I’d had a failure the pump would go flat and not allow any additional fluid to pass in order to fill the cylinders.
If you run out of fluid the pump will go flat.
Not sure this helps you any.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Ruktitan

Postby Ruktitan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:40 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yeah thar feels like this now. It was pumping for abit and then just compresses and doesn't refill. I'm absoloutely devastated. 2 botched surgeries and now this.
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:27 am

Ruktitan wrote:Hello all. Can anyone who's implant bulb failure let me know what that feels like? I think mine has failed but want to be sure there is no trick to solve this.

My pump has got stuck many times and managed to resolve but this feels different. The bulb manages 5 or 6 pumps before completely compressing and not refilling. Pressing the valve inflants the bulb again and the process repeats. The penis never inflates or even tries to.

Please help!

My first implant did the same at about 2 weeks post op. I could get a few pumps then it'd go flat, found out it was a pinhole leak in the left cylinder. Revised 2 months later and now 6 months after the revision it worked perfectly one night then two nights later one pump and bulb is flat. This one is obvious major malfunction either the reservoir ruptured or tubing to it broke/came apart since it only gets one squeeze for it to go flat. I'm now awaiting my next revision and I'm already at one month since my Drs visit. I seriously hate that they drag their feet for two months before doing surgery.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Ruktitan

Postby Ruktitan » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:35 pm

I'm really sorry to hear your experience. It's completely ruined the start of this year. I am just praying they can get me into surgery ASAP. But after two bad implants I'm not holding much hope for a good result.

Was about to suggest this could be the reason but I see you had ams https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/ ... ?id=198899

favalodo

Postby favalodo » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:47 am

Wow you guys are scaring me!!! Tell me how difficult is the revision as for the pump? Do they just replace the pump only (hopefully) and what is the down time and pain like? Thanks
71 y/o with Coloplast Titan Touch on Feb 7 2024, Organic ED 6 years, tried Pills, Trimix, Vacuum, LI-ESWT, ESWT. PILLS & Trimix worked for awhile. Married 35 years.

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:09 am

favalodo wrote:Wow you guys are scaring me!!! Tell me how difficult is the revision as for the pump? Do they just replace the pump only (hopefully) and what is the down time and pain like? Thanks

Well on my first ones failure they replaced the whole thing, they are planning to do the same for this second failure whenever that is I don't know but hoping in the next few weeks. As far as the revision surgery goes, it's usually a little easier than the initial surgery since they just pull it out and slide in the new one, they don't have to ream you out so to speak to make room for it. Recovery is also normally a bit easier on you as well, but everyone is different so you might get different results depending on a lot of factors, and if your revision is being done by a different Dr would be a big one.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:43 am

I have read about pump and tubing failures .. but also every bit of information I read is most dr's won't just do a pump or tubing repair they want to replace the whole implant due to infection fears .. anyone else have thoughts on this?

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:33 am

I think I would want a whole new one. The implant should be warranted if it’s a manufacture fault. Either way just in case there is other issues would want a whole new one.if it’s a faulty cylinder then the other could be faulty. If it’s a bad connection then all the connections could be bad. After a year, I would hope to get a bigger size but most of these failures we’re talking about sounds like failed parts or surgeon errors.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Ruktitan

Postby Ruktitan » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:31 pm

Any ideas what this weird lump is since pump failure!??

All of a sudden I have this tubing something. It feels like a hard plastic cube. Never had this before when it was working. I can also hear if I squeeze the implants a squishing bubbling sound. I guess from the leak. Anything I should be worried about?

The next available appointment with urologist is end of August! This has ruined 2024 already.

Return to “Implants”