Later scrotal swelling

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DeadlineDave

Later scrotal swelling

Postby DeadlineDave » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:23 am

I'm exactly at 8 weeks post-op. I had a considerable amount of scrotal swelling which slowly subsided. But there was still some inside the scrotum that made perfectly identifying everything tricky. My doctor, last week or so, found the deflate button. I pumped a little and though I couldn't feel it, he deflated me again. He told me to start doing it on my own and come back in 4 weeks....cleared for everything.

Since I can't quite be sure, I made an appointment with his PA who was mentioned to me on this board for Monday. I'm traveling out of state this weekend, so didn't want to risk getting erect and not being able to deflate. I did get in one good pump and pretty sure I deflated that one pump.

Here's the problem. Everything inside the scrotum was getting more and more settled, but I awoke this morning to the same sludge obscuring the device. I can feel the bulb, the end of the bar with the deflate button, but that's about it.

Three things happened yesterday: After practicing locating things, I gave my scrotum a moderate massage....no pain or anything, but smooshed it all around. I also ate one of the salties Asian food meals last night in memory. I was also diagnosed with a urinary tract infection which was indicated by sudden onset fever and burning urination. I was prescribed Bactrim and that has all settled down.

Does anyone else notice the interior of the scrotum sometimes being relatively "empty" and then other days, it's tighter and seems more filled?

Thanks!
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

Midwest Guy 333

Re: Later scrotal swelling

Postby Midwest Guy 333 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:44 pm

Same thing here. I'm nearly six week out from surgery. Didn't really have scrotal swelling until 10 days ago. I use a heating pad which seems to help take the swelling down. When swollen, cannot begin to feel the deflate valve on the pump.
Implanted 1/17/24 Dr. Clavell, Houston Medical Center Titan XL 24 cm, classic pump, 20 years ED, pills did nothing, injections for 10 years, 64, very fit, 8.2 x 6.2 pre-surgery ;)

SammyVegas

Postby SammyVegas » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:56 pm

Same deal here.

I was implanted on 12/26/23 and some days, like today, my scrotum is almost normal sized. Others, for some reason, it decides to go full grape fruit. My wife’s theory is as your body tries to encapsulate the bits and pieces, that encapsulation gets jostled and opens up again which causes an inflammatory response; some people are just more prone to swelling. Drinking lots of water, LIGHT massaging and warm baths help me. I’ve also been alternating between tight underwear and boxers- I’ve been hanging free for 3 days and I feel really good today and I’m cycling 2-3 times a day as well.

As for what you are feeling- the squishy- that’s probably some blood and such (aka hematoma) it will go away- make sure you are drinking lots of fluids and go easy!
22 CM Titan -
Implanted by Dr. Clavell on 12/26/23
Just under 7” pre-op x 5.5 -
Currently 5.5” x 5
Looking forward to cycling and gaining it back!
Peyronies and Narrowing. Stretched and VE before implant

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:17 pm

Midwest Guy......I feel your pain. It's really discouraging as I was right at the edge of DICK GREATNESS! Now, I feel I'm probably set back a week or two.

SammyVegas, thank you so much for sharing that. I know some days are different than others, but your advice seems really sound. A warm batch never seems like a bad idea. And lots of water. I have a vibrating massager and have used that on my waistlne (not my junk) because I believe that's where a lot of lymph switching stations are. It's helped some.

I'll keep the faith. I don't have an infection and I have a good doctor. And you guys!
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

DeadlineDave

Postby DeadlineDave » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:56 pm

I saw the PA for Bryan Kansas today. He was awesome. He said the pump was encased in a "seroma." I had a UTI and was concerned it was all going to hell. He said it probably occurred because of the 4 different planes I rode on within a few days....the change in pressure. He said all was well and that I was just taking longer than most.

He said heat can be inflammatory so suggested I stop hot baths and heating pads. He said that gentle massage might help and would do no harm. And said to be patient. I have no choice, so I guess that' what I'll be.

Return to “Implants”