SURGICAL CAPSULE FORMATION DURING FIRST 3 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY: Cycling vs. leaving implant fully inflated

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
sparky123

SURGICAL CAPSULE FORMATION DURING FIRST 3 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY: Cycling vs. leaving implant fully inflated

Postby sparky123 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:28 am

Surgical capsules are formed around the implant cylinders and around the reservoir during the months after surgery. This takes about 3 - 6 months. Once formed, the capsule is NOT flexible. Therefore, a capsule that is smaller than the fully inflated cylinders will impede achieving full inflation in length and/or girth.

From another thread ( viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23840 ) there was a discussion about whether cycling will result in a fully extended capsule, or, whether it would be better to keep the cylinders fully expanded during these months of capsule formation.

Potential problems with cycling:

Cycling will not create a fully expanded capsule, since 95% of the time the implant will be deflated.

Potential problems with leaving implant fully (or partially) expanded:

This will do the job for creating surgical capsules around cylinders in their inflated state. However, it has been argued that the reservoir will be empty during this time and the surgical capsule around it that forms will impede its expansion when deflating the cylinders. One then basically has transformed a 3-piece implant into a malleable implant.

Also, it has been argued that leaving the implant fully expanded will result in tissue deterioration due to the constant pressure (?). If that is true then it should be true as well for malleable implants (which would definitely factor against using them).

A Catch-22 situation?

Unfortunately, I have yet to hear convincing arguments (other than "Dr. X said...") for the advantages of either option.
AMS 700 LGX December 2023.

JohnHC

Re: SURGICAL CAPSULE FORMATION DURING FIRST 3 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY: Cycling vs. leaving implant fully inflated

Postby JohnHC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:48 am

Yes a catch 22 situation. That's why multiple cycling daily is encouraged. It will stretch both areas while healing. That healing takes months so stretching it while cycling will encourage it encapsulate it in a larger bubble or one that is a bit more giving. I was told to try to cycle at least 3 times a day and let it stay inflated for 15 to 30 minutes if you can stand it. I was trying to do 4 times a day, but did 3 times and then life happened and I was only doing once a day....
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

CHIEF3

Re: SURGICAL CAPSULE FORMATION DURING FIRST 3 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY: Cycling vs. leaving implant fully inflated

Postby CHIEF3 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:44 am

I would agree with daily cycling with the addition of heat. I had the belief that ice was good, it felt good (pain killers do too) but has its drawbacks. Healing is key and takes time; sometimes lots of time (>3 months). I think most of us and doctors would agree: ice for the first 24hrs, then heat. 50% erect/inflated for first week, then cycling daily (forever). You don't want to lose size from scar tissue forming and preventing the cylinders from doing their job, expanding. This post is encouraging for me because I have a cylinder out of the Corpora or Crus (https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22239). I hope to have this surgical capsule form and protect me from any erosion. From what my doctor has told me, the lining of the corpus cavernosum is a more durable part of the organ than surrounding tissue. That is the importance of the cylinders being inside this cavity. It makes sense to me for the cylinder to be held firmly in place to prevent movement and have rigidity during sex.

All the best.
Tried: pills, injects ( :o ), T (Axion), pump, ring, herbs
2013 AMS Dr. Karpman Los Gatos, Ca
2022 Revised pump failed, Titan, KP.org Roseville, Ca
CT Scn rt RTE not in corpora, felt like a stuck turd :cry:
2023 R&R rt cyl not in crus, sling, KP.org

Return to “Implants”