AMS Tenacio pump

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JohnHC

AMS Tenacio pump

Postby JohnHC » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:48 pm

For those wondering about it, I talked to my AMS support person about the new pump. She told me while it has been approved it still has to go through more testing and study trials before final FDA approval and more widespread use. So looks like it will be more than year or so before it gets out to the general public not in the trials. Kinda bummed, would have liked to try it out....
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

sparky123

Re: AMS Tenacio pump

Postby sparky123 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:48 pm

That is unfortunate. The AMS has a Momentary Squeeze (MS) pump with a one-way “poppet” valve (search for "poppet" on this forum for more info) has problems. I am 7 weeks out from surgery, and the poppet valve is not working properly (cannot squeeze the pump -- the pump is hard as a rock).

Given your unfortunate experience with the 3-piece implant, have you considered a malleable implant?
AMS 700 LGX December 2023.

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:40 am

sparky123 wrote:That is unfortunate. The AMS has a Momentary Squeeze (MS) pump with a one-way “poppet” valve (search for "poppet" on this forum for more info) has problems. I am 7 weeks out from surgery, and the poppet valve is not working properly (cannot squeeze the pump -- the pump is hard as a rock).

Given your unfortunate experience with the 3-piece implant, have you considered a malleable implant?

No I won't consider a malleable. Too hard to conceal, erosion risk, not as much girth, just too many things I don't like. Not saying I won't ever get one, just they aren't for me. Plus so far my issue with the devices hasn't involved the pump - the pump has worked flawlessly for me on both implants. First one had a pinhole in a cylinder, this one I believe either the reservoir has ruptured or the line to it broke. I believe that because on this one there wasn't a slow "leak down" like the first, this one worked perfectly one day then two days later it was empty and wouldn't pump. I'm not what I would call high risk to break the device, I don't ride bikes, I don't do leg presses or squats, don't do heavy lifting, and sex is two maybe three times a week. It's just the way my luck runs, beginning to think my name is Murphy, since I always seem to get the bad apples... Lol
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Flexwheeler

Postby Flexwheeler » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:46 am

My Dr (in Europe) asked the "AMS guy" for the pump. This was his response:

"Thank you for your interest in our products.

The new pump is not approved yet by the European authorities.

We expect to receive the approval during second part of 2025 ( EU-MDR)

The current pump is giving satisfaction to patients."

atul21

Postby atul21 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:26 pm

JohnHC wrote:For those wondering about it, I talked to my AMS support person about the new pump. She told me while it has been approved it still has to go through more testing and study trials before final FDA approval and more widespread use. So looks like it will be more than year or so before it gets out to the general public not in the trials. Kinda bummed, would have liked to try it out....

Consider getting the coloplast titan. Both their pumps are great.
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Return to “Implants”