pre-op to reduce any size loss?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
goose1235

pre-op to reduce any size loss?

Postby goose1235 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:09 pm

Is there anything I should do to maximize my post op size and prevent size loss? Im 25 and after a nightmarish two years with venous leak, hopefully this is coming to an end soon. Ive decided to get an implant. I heard VEDs maybe? Does brand of implant matter for keeping size? Thank you

Witheringhog

Re: pre-op to reduce any size loss?

Postby Witheringhog » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:38 pm

Lots of folks here like VED. I didn't like VED, I like an all day stretcher like a jes Extender or a hanger like the "Bib Hanger". I think.....Best for length gain is hang with Bib 2x a day, 3 sets of 10 min, then use the Jes Extender for 10-12 hours a day. You will gain length with dedicated use.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:08 pm

I bought a decent VED off of Amazon worked fine used it for 6 weeks before my surgery 2 times a day an hour at a time .. pumped it up hard ..held it for 5 minutes then released it for 2 minutes then repeat. I was less thna 40.00 rechargeable ..

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:18 pm

I agree to use the VED every day before surgery. I did and lost nothing.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:51 pm

goose1235 wrote:Is there anything I should do to maximize my post op size and prevent size loss? Im 25 and after a nightmarish two years with venous leak, hopefully this is coming to an end soon. Ive decided to get an implant. I heard VEDs maybe? Does brand of implant matter for keeping size? Thank you

First thing, document your current erect size (as best you can and by whatever method you can, pills, injection, etc). Length and girth. Do not depend on memory.

Second, a vacuum is a vacuum. It does not matter if you use a medical grade VED or a novelty srote less expensive or even cheap device. Where medical grade VEDs are superior is in durability, ease of use, and ease of use for sex (constriction ring applications). Note that thereapeutic use of a VED does not involve use of constriction rings.

The protocol I prefer is 30 minutes twice a day. Apply vacuum until a full erection is attained (about 30 seconds or so) and then release the vacuum to full flaccid. Repeat this cycle 30 minutes. Do this twice a day. Do this for 60 days prior to surgery. The first couple of weeks, recovering (recently) lost size is possible. After two weeks or so more recovery is possible, but slower. Beyond about 60 days, we are looking at a maintenance process.

Another benefit of ved use in addition to tissue elasticity and penie size is flushing blood through penile tissues to maintain tissue oxygenation.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

goose1235

Postby goose1235 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:18 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
goose1235 wrote:Is there anything I should do to maximize my post op size and prevent size loss? Im 25 and after a nightmarish two years with venous leak, hopefully this is coming to an end soon. Ive decided to get an implant. I heard VEDs maybe? Does brand of implant matter for keeping size? Thank you

First thing, document your current erect size (as best you can and by whatever method you can, pills, injection, etc). Length and girth. Do not depend on memory.

Second, a vacuum is a vacuum. It does not matter if you use a medical grade VED or a novelty srote less expensive or even cheap device. Where medical grade VEDs are superior is in durability, ease of use, and ease of use for sex (constriction ring applications). Note that thereapeutic use of a VED does not involve use of constriction rings.

The protocol I prefer is 30 minutes twice a day. Apply vacuum until a full erection is attained (about 30 seconds or so) and then release the vacuum to full flaccid. Repeat this cycle 30 minutes. Do this twice a day. Do this for 60 days prior to surgery. The first couple of weeks, recovering (recently) lost size is possible. After two weeks or so more recovery is possible, but slower. Beyond about 60 days, we are looking at a maintenance process.

Another benefit of ved use in addition to tissue elasticity and penie size is flushing blood through penile tissues to maintain tissue oxygenation.

Will a good surgeon recommend me to use VED? My surgery is scheduled about a month after consultation with the surgeon

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:34 pm

What you need to understand is there is 3 different things that have to do with size loss. All 3 of these have publications in the documents worth reading thread in the general discussion section of this board. ED can cause size loss before surgery. If you have size loss from ED VED use before surgery can help restore some of that loss. There is 2 really good articles on this in that thread. The best one I think is the penis exercise document. It is written for men with prostate removal surgery but is the same for men who have loss of nocturnal erections due to ED. The second is size loss from surgery. This has to do with doctor selection and the way the doctor will size you. Some doctors are much more conservative and others are more aggressive in sizing. The 3rd is size loss after surgery and has to do with long waits to activate after surgery. The article is called the "coffin effect"

Go over to the general section and read the articles about these type of size loss. Then you can come back and ask any questions you have.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:31 am

Witheringhog wrote:Lots of folks here like VED. I didn't like VED, I like an all day stretcher like a jes Extender or a hanger like the "Bib Hanger". I think.....Best for length gain is hang with Bib 2x a day, 3 sets of 10 min, then use the Jes Extender for 10-12 hours a day. You will gain length with dedicated use.

I wish I had never used the Bib hanger. The clamp down on the penis is pretty extreme and I think I permanently damaged the dorsal nerve of my penis. I have very limited feeling in my penis now which only got worse after implantation. I can't ever cum when having sex and even masturbation I can't feel much of my penis.
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

Witheringhog

Postby Witheringhog » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:52 am

OregonStrong wrote:
Witheringhog wrote:Lots of folks here like VED. I didn't like VED, I like an all day stretcher like a jes Extender or a hanger like the "Bib Hanger". I think.....Best for length gain is hang with Bib 2x a day, 3 sets of 10 min, then use the Jes Extender for 10-12 hours a day. You will gain length with dedicated use.

I wish I had never used the Bib hanger. The clamp down on the penis is pretty extreme and I think I permanently damaged the dorsal nerve of my penis. I have very limited feeling in my penis now which only got worse after implantation. I can't ever cum when having sex and even masturbation I can't feel much of my penis.

That sucks, makes sense though. I never had issues with the bib but i over did it on VED, i have a permanent dark spot from a vessel popping…. Hence why im not a fan. Thank goodness my sensitivity wasnt screwed up, sorry to hear, hopefully over time you will get some back.
49 - Coloplast Titan 22 implanted 5-2 Dr. Clavell in Houston

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:37 pm

Like anything else in life you have to use and abuse things on your body in moderation ... When I used a VED it was 2 times a day 30 minutes at a time .. would pump up hold it for 5 minutes .. deflate for 3 .. did it for 6 weeks before my surgery.

Return to “Implants”