Do injections complicate implant surgery?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Frenchie

Do injections complicate implant surgery?

Postby Frenchie » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:59 pm

If you use injections long term for a couple of years and develop scarring or/and Peyronies, can this complicate the surgery itself?

Guys who used injections for lots of years and got an implant,how was your experience?
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

Txagq8

Re: Do injections complicate implant surgery?

Postby Txagq8 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:35 pm

Warning: I’m a pretty ordinary guy, but I don’t know if my experience with injections then an implant are typical or way outside the norm.

The short answer: No, being on injections for over 32 years didn’t cause any problems for me during my implant. I was properly sized, healed up quick, got back to my pre-implant size (more or less), and everything works great. I’m at 4 yrs plus.

Knowing that I had been on shots for such a long time, and some guys experience scarring or fibrosis, I asked the surgeon to keep an eye out. After the procedure he told me everything was clean, no surprises, no scarring..
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Alex258

Postby Alex258 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:47 pm

Had scarring damage from injecting over 2 years. Doc cleaned it all up and all good at almost 15 months in.

nerdynerd

Postby nerdynerd » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:05 pm

I developed Peyronies shortly after starting injections. I ended up with one side of the implant .5cm shorter than the other. So it can have an impact when you get implanted.
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

Frenchie

Postby Frenchie » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:06 pm

nerdynerd wrote:I developed Peyronies shortly after starting injections. I ended up with one side of the implant .5cm shorter than the other. So it can have an impact when you get implanted.

Does this have any effect on your satisfaction and pleasure with the implant?
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

nerdynerd

Postby nerdynerd » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:49 pm

Frenchie wrote:Does this have any effect on your satisfaction and pleasure with the implant?

I'm waiting for a few more weeks before putting it to good use (I'm 8 weeks out but still a little sore). The entire shaft aims to the left a little which is where the short side is located. That's just the result of my Peyronies. I don't expect it to be an issue, though. At least I'm no longer bent in two directions and I won't deflate after a minute or two because of my VL.
Born 1956. Peyronies + venous leak. Implanted 12/12/23 Dr. Clavell penoscrotal. Proximal = 10cm, right distal = 12.5cm, left distal = 12cm due to Peyronies. 1 0.5cm RTE on the right. 125CC reservoir filled with 110ml saline. Titan OTR.

Colorblind

Postby Colorblind » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:37 pm

Txagq8 wrote:Warning: I’m a pretty ordinary guy, but I don’t know if my experience with injections then an implant are typical or way outside the norm.

The short answer: No, being on injections for over 32 years didn’t cause any problems for me during my implant. I was properly sized, healed up quick, got back to my pre-implant size (more or less), and everything works great. I’m at 4 yrs plus.

Knowing that I had been on shots for such a long time, and some guys experience scarring or fibrosis, I asked the surgeon to keep an eye out. After the procedure he told me everything was clean, no surprises, no scarring..

Question for you since you've done injections in the past and currently have an implant. Would you recommend one stays on injections if they are working or simply go for an implant? I'm currently doing fine with injections however I don't believe I want to use injections for the rest of my life.

favalodo

Postby favalodo » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:49 am

My Dr said stop injections 3 weeks before operation. I had many bad issue with injections. Something that looked like a tire blowout on left side, and one time sever brusing. I also had a nodule form on right side. With that said, My operation was a problem and lasted over 6 hours. Dr had difficulty placing cylinders and then a leak. I'm am not sure if my injection issues cause any of this but it us something to consider. I wished I would have skipped injections and went right to implants.
71 y/o with Coloplast Titan Touch on Feb 7 2024, Organic ED 6 years, tried Pills, Trimix, Vacuum, LI-ESWT, ESWT. PILLS & Trimix worked for awhile. Married 35 years.

Return to “Implants”