Me & My Genesis Malleable

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DeadlineDave

Re: Me & My New Malleable

Postby DeadlineDave » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:40 pm

Rufian wrote:The injections hurt more than the beginning and I have high tolerance to pain

This tells me i may have developed some scar tissue already and at this point where pills dont do much im up against a wall where i need to make a decision im too young for this shit but thats life

I experienced this as well. It seemed it was much harder to push the needle in, hence more pain.
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:05 pm

it's perfect, don't worry, this time it will be fine
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Rufian

Postby Rufian » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:08 pm

DeadlineDave wrote:
Rufian wrote:The injections hurt more than the beginning and I have high tolerance to pain

This tells me i may have developed some scar tissue already and at this point where pills dont do much im up against a wall where i need to make a decision im too young for this shit but thats life

I experienced this as well. It seemed it was much harder to push the needle in, hence more pain.

Yes I think is from scar tissue as scar tissue causes more pain than regular tissue

First time i injected i felt prick but now is more painful nothing crazy but i notice the difference

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:21 pm

I don't care what the material is, all materials fatigue under repetitive bending and straightening which ultimately leads to breaking.
Big deal, the companies offer a lifetime warranty. It costs virtually nothing in raw material to make the implant so to market it better, why not give a lifetime, false security, warranty. They made their money on the first one.
They don't cover the expensive part being the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and hospital.
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.
Implant 12/6/2023 Dr. Eid
Coloplast Titan 20 cm with right side trimmed to 19 cm. No RTE. Classic pump.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:33 pm

thedriver wrote:Here's the story.
Started this IPP implant journey 4 years ago, within 4 weeks, first failure due to tubes coming apart at coupling while trying to cycle, 2nd failure due to cylinder backing out thru internal stitch's in the 2nd month, 3rd failure due to weak spot in cylinder within that year, 4th failure just this last month in January due to another leak at the hose down near the pump.
This time when I traveled all the way down for my appointment I was beside myself on what to do.
I decided after many questions on here, and thru other info, I had decided to go with the malleable.
My surgeon was actually supportive of the decision of doing a malleable for me this time, which he wasn't before, yes he pushed the IPP, plain and simple in my eye's, I get it, more failures plus more surgeries = more money,,, but, just my opinion.
I was concerned of course about length and girth loss, the surgeon told me he would only short me by 1cm, going from a 24cm to a 23cm and the girth would be what I had with the Titan IPP if not a little bit more as long as there was room for the 13mm MPP implants, I didn't really believe him about that subject just then, but didn't care, I just wanted this nightmare over and to have something reliable that wasn't going to put me on the cutting table every 6 months or every year.
He told me that erosion would be very unlikely simply for that fact that I have had the IPP installed, stretched out, and formed a good capsule area for the MPP, it is in my surgeons words a simpler, quicker, easier, faster healing, safer, and more reliable implant with lesser chance of infection from surgery, if he would have given me this speech the first time I seen him, I probably wouldn't be here typing this, I would have taken this route right away.
I took a shower yesterday and took pic's of it unwrapped, I will post them here as soon as I can reduce the pic size for the web site limits.
I now have a Genesis 23cm - 13mm malleable installed, not sure how it will all turn out, but,,,, (AND THIS IS BIG BUT) --- (I have piece of mind) that it is not going to be another Titanic leaker. AT THIS POINT i WOULD HAVE BEEN TO AFRAID TO EVEN USE THE TITAN, it would have been in the back of my mind every time I pumped it up.
I know there isn't alot of info, here on malleable implants, so
Any and all questions are welcome, I will try and answer all of them as accurately as possible.
I'm only on day number 5 with it, no pain med's since day 3, and right now there is 0 pain related to this implant.
Everything looks straight, even, very very girthy, with my 7 inchs hanging out there nicely, also no dog ears, and don't have the pointing uncomfortable tips protruding into my gland area, everything there is rounded off and comfortable so far.
Fingers crossed of course.....
In closing, really think about what might possibly go wrong, not only with the implant, but other parts of your life that can be affected by an implant going wrong.

Any and all questions are welcome

If course the surgeons will never admit it but I believe that some of these "mechanical failures" may be a result of mishap during surgery by the surgeon or his assistant/s.
Sharp instruments are used, as well as retractors and the like. Leaks could easily be initiated during surgery and improper coupling connections working in such a small surgical area could occur.
The implants are medical devices that I am sure are tested and manufactured under strict controls. They are not "made in Japan" type children's toys.
Maybe the surgeon (especially lower volume) needs to be addressed with these failures labeled "mechanical"
Age 70
Pills didn't work well. Trimix worked good for 3 years, then only fair for following 3 years but need a cock ring in conjunction.

frank66665

Postby frank66665 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:39 pm

Stayingstrong wrote:I don't care what the material is, all materials fatigue under repetitive bending and straightening which ultimately leads to breaking.
Big deal, the companies offer a lifetime warranty. It costs virtually nothing in raw material to make the implant so to market it better, why not give a lifetime, false security, warranty. They made their money on the first one.
They don't cover the expensive part being the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and hospital.

Stayingstrong, explain to me the reason why in Italy, I believe also in the USA, the 3 pieces offer a 5 year guarantee, when the doctor and the manufacturer both AMS and Coloplast claim that the implant has a life of 10 to 15 years
56, ED since 2010, pills work but not always and well, trt in progress improved but not so much, myocardial infarction january 2016, new stent september 2016, hypertension, venous on 1/23/23 titan one touch 22, no rte dottor Gabriele Antonini Italia

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:04 pm

frank66665 wrote:
Stayingstrong wrote:I don't care what the material is, all materials fatigue under repetitive bending and straightening which ultimately leads to breaking.

Stayingstrong, explain to me the reason why in Italy, I believe also in the USA, the 3 pieces offer a 5 year guarantee, when the doctor and the manufacturer both AMS and Coloplast claim that the implant has a life of 10 to 15 years

I can only explain in an analogy.
Your vehicle has a 5 or 6 year warranty. Most manufactured today will go 10 to 15 years problem free.
The Coloplast warranty is the same for both the inflatable and the malleable.
I don't have the AMS and I have not read the warranty
Age 70

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:05 pm

wolfpacker wrote:Wow you have incredible girth, have you had filler?

No filler
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:10 pm

Exactly right the expensive part is the surgeries and everything that goes along with it, in my eyes that much more reason to go for the most reliable thing, after having four ipps it was time to try something different, might not be for everyone but it's right for me for right now
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

Stayingstrong

Postby Stayingstrong » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:28 pm

thedriver wrote:

Exactly right the expensive part is the surgeries and everything that goes along with it, in my eyes that much more reason to go for the most reliable thing, after having four ipps it was time to try something different, might not be for everyone but it's right for me for right now

Were all of these done by the same surgeon and/or surgeon affiliates or did you change surgeons and/or facilities?
Were they high volume implanters?
Age 70

Return to “Implants”