Me & My Genesis Malleable

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Me & My New Malleable

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:06 am

Rufian wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:
Rufian wrote:
Don't you think we already know this? :P
(edited down for brevity)
All of these are mechanical and can fail at any moment the more you use it

Yep, that is for definite sure. My implant would still be functional if it were a malleable. My reservoir had to be removed during a prostatectomy. Everything would still work and will if and when the reservoir is replaced. But there will be months of cancer treatment and recovery before that happens.

So, if the reservoir cannot be replaced (radiation damages tissues and compromises ability to heal, though my medical team assures me this is minimally likely), I may be joining the ranks of the malleables.

AND I was not the one to break it!

has the penile surgeons told you the reservoir can be replaced? if the reservoir had to be removed by a non penile surgeon, chances are it was done wrong or without any consideration if can be replaced or not. Chances are you will require a whole new implant altogether

I had the good fortune to be able to have the very same surgeon who implanted me in 2017 available to do the prostatectomy in 2023. He assured me after the surgery that putting in a replacement reservoir would be no problem. I do have concerns that the radiation therapy I expect to have might compromise my tissues to the extent that reservoir replacement might be problematic (in which case I expect a malleable). But he is quite competent and we have had a very good relationship in the past.

See also my story in the "Humor and Fun" subforum.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23200
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:13 am

Lost Sheep wrote:I will not change any minds with this statement of truth, but here goes:

IPP is superior to Malleable in one respect for sure. The emulation of a natural penis with both a flaccid state and an erect state is possible with the IPP, but not possible with a malleable.

I agree, and is that why the average man chooses the IPP ? or is it that the IPP is the first thing you find when you google PP, or is it the surgeon and there team that push's it first and foremost, or is it the thought of having a slightly bigger tool, most everyone here is looking for the biggest tool, I say this because of all the pm's I have received asking this question being I have had both, and of course I know there is alot of vanity when it comes too that area of a mans body and in mind,,,,, people have to weigh the pro's and con's and decide accordingly to there lifestyle, age, physical condition at the time, and financial situation.
When I started to try and make this decision of which way to go I considered everything in my life at this point,,, and had to go with the MPP,,,, I'm 100% positive I made the right decision for myself,,, I didn't realize the biggest thing about the IPP wasn't that you can pump it up,, but the biggest benefit compared to the MPP is that you can (deflate) it for easier concealment.
I still have to figure that part out, which I will.
I know it's hard to do with just pictures, but you can kind of see from my picture with the IPP a few pages back with the wifey in the background,,, and then compare it to the pic's with the MPP and there really isn't alot of size difference to the naked eye.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:30 am

The only reason I am posting everything I'm experiencing with the MPP is when I started to look into it more, I found very little info, not only thru medical portals, forums, and general articals but very very little first hand knowledge from someone that actually has one, and even less info, on people that have had both.
My surgeon told me as long as I'm healthy enough for surgery I can opt to go back to the IPP at anytime, which I'm pretty damn sure I'll never do, and he knows it, he looked at me like we were getting a divorce when I told him I wanted the MPP.
I wish everyone nothing but luck and good fortune on whatever they decide, just my advice here tho,,, a persons health, mental state and well being has to come first, don't take risks that are not worth the reward.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:34 am

thedriver wrote:The only reason I am posting everything I'm experiencing with the MPP is when I started to look into it more, I found very little info, not only thru medical portals, forums, and general articals but very very little first hand knowledge from someone that actually has one, and even less info, on people that have had both.
My surgeon told me as long as I'm healthy enough for surgery I can opt to go back to the IPP at anytime, which I'm pretty damn sure I'll never do, and he knows it, he looked at me like we were getting a divorce when I told him I wanted the MPP.
And to let you know, I enjoy every question that comes my way,, don't hold back, ask me anything, I will answer you as honest as possible.
I wish everyone nothing but luck and good fortune on whatever they decide, just my advice here tho,,, a persons health, mental state and well being has to come first, don't take risks that are not worth the reward.

This has been a fantastic debate on the IPP vs MPP. Thank you to everyone here.

Rufian

Postby Rufian » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:49 am

Its only America, maybe UK etc where inflatable are pushed and advertised heavily, especially America.

Its pretty obvious as to why.

Inflatable implants are more expensive. So all the pushing comes from the source, the manufacturers, they want both the surgeons and patients to choose inflatables. Thats where they make their most money. They malleables as an alternative.

Through insurance is how they make the most money as they charge insurance triple the cost they would quote you.

Malleables are very popular in asia, south america, middle east etc as is more affordable and more long lasting. The surgeons are getting paid from patients not insurance. The patients will choose the most affordable and more long lasting option.

Copilot77

Postby Copilot77 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:55 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Copilot77 wrote:Hey Rufián as a guy that’s been with severe ED from an accident when I was 16 .

I’m now 22 and I need peace of mind worried about my duck shrinking .

After meeting with a high volume implant surgeon in my area , he said my state insurance won’t cover it because they list it as cosmetic , even if my ED is from an accident .

Now I think I’ll just save up for a malleable from a good surgeon if insurance won’t cover the IPP .

How’s your experience with the Malleable ?

I advise you to file an appeal of the insurance denial. You are trying to recover a lost bodily function rising from an accident/injury. That is exactly what insurance is for. If you lost function of your little finger, insurance would pay for the operation to get it back, right?

File and appeal and invest in a lawyer's assistance if you must. Also check with your state's insurance commission.

Yeah the implant doc says he’s need to do a Doppler on me to look for corporal fibrosis . After that if he’s finds it he said then the implant is an option .

But he made it seem like he won’t try to reach out to my insurance to see if they will cover it . So I’m not sure if I ask him or if I have to request for the surgery myself .

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:31 pm

Copilot77 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:
Copilot77 wrote:Hey Rufián as a guy that’s been with severe ED from an accident when I was 16 .

I’m now 22 and I need peace of mind worried about my duck shrinking .

After meeting with a high volume implant surgeon in my area , he said my state insurance won’t cover it because they list it as cosmetic , even if my ED is from an accident .

Now I think I’ll just save up for a malleable from a good surgeon if insurance won’t cover the IPP .

How’s your experience with the Malleable ?

I advise you to file an appeal of the insurance denial. You are trying to recover a lost bodily function rising from an accident/injury. That is exactly what insurance is for. If you lost function of your little finger, insurance would pay for the operation to get it back, right?

File and appeal and invest in a lawyer's assistance if you must. Also check with your state's insurance commission.

Yeah the implant doc says he’s need to do a Doppler on me to look for corporal fibrosis . After that if he’s finds it he said then the implant is an option .

But he made it seem like he won’t try to reach out to my insurance to see if they will cover it . So I’m not sure if I ask him or if I have to request for the surgery myself .

Oftentimes the procedure coding is the key to getting insurance company approval. (Every medical procedure has a procedure code, and sometimes one procedure that is composed of multiple steps, each with their own code, which confuses and confounds the approval process). A proactive administrative staff in the doctor's office is often a LOT of help (especially if the office does a lot of implant procedures, so know th eins and outs). If your doctor's office is not helpful or energetic enough, you may have to find another surgeon. Or, better still if you like your surgeon, if you could find a patient advocate at the insurance company, they might be able to navigate the process.

Good luck.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Lost Sheep

My reason (If I do) for going from IPP to MPP

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:35 pm

Why I might switch.

I have a fully operational and satisfactory inflatable penile implant. But prostate cancer required (temporary, hopefully) removal of the reservoir, rendering the implant unsuable. After treatment, there is (in my mind, though my doctors have not mentioned the possibility) a chance the reservoir may not be able to be replaced. In that case, I CERTAINLY will ask for a malleable and will be happy that the MPP is an option. (Note, there is no medical evidence that my fear about difficulty replacing the reservoir is unfounded:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9334602/ is one article that is reassuring).

On the idea that size might make a difference to me (as it does to some men and some of men's partners, too), I consider that any lover I have, I expect her to want sex with ME more importantly than sex with my penis. In other words, the degree to which penetration provides sensation (fullness, depth, etc) is not as important to her as the fact that it is ME on the other end of it. Anything else for her pleasure, we can arragne cooperatively. For example, I had an old lover during the last stages of my ED. We settled on cunnilingus and a favorite dildo for her satisfaction...quite happily, too. Even if I had a small penis (with a malleable) just the belly-to-belly contact (or belly-to butt) contact is quite enjoyable and not given the value it deserves in discussions about sexual satisfaction. Non-coital sexual intimacy is undervalued quite often.

OK, down of my soapbox for now.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

GermanGuy

Postby GermanGuy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:17 pm

Hello thedriver,

thank you for your such valuable (and rare) information. I really enjoyed your posts! I can't begin to imagine the path you had to take. You definitely have my admiration.

I myself have a Coloplast Titan and have not been 100% satisfied since the beginning and have been thinking for a long time whether I should switch to an MPP (Rigicon Rigi10) 'prematurely' (my implant works acceptably). I didn't know before that MPPs existed, my surgeon only advertised the titan implant so I didn't question it at all - I didn't know Franktalk either.

Since you or your case are an absolute rarity, I would like to take this opportunity and please let you know if you have gained (more) experience with concealing. How well can you really hide the Rigi10? Especially compared to the IPP? I'm still very young, so the topic of concealing is very relevant for me. I am very grateful for any information.
28, Titan Touch 3/22. Length + girth back. ED all life. Feeling underfilled. Only 6-7 pumps until pump stays depressed. Hardness acceptable but not very strong. Thinking about malleable implant.

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:29 am

GermanGuy wrote:Hello thedriver,

thank you for your such valuable (and rare) information. I really enjoyed your posts! I can't begin to imagine the path you had to take. You definitely have my admiration.

I myself have a Coloplast Titan and have not been 100% satisfied since the beginning and have been thinking for a long time whether I should switch to an MPP (Rigicon Rigi10) 'prematurely' (my implant works acceptably). I didn't know before that MPPs existed, my surgeon only advertised the titan implant so I didn't question it at all - I didn't know Franktalk either.

Since you or your case are an absolute rarity, I would like to take this opportunity and please let you know if you have gained (more) experience with concealing. How well can you really hide the Rigi10? Especially compared to the IPP? I'm still very young, so the topic of concealing is very relevant for me. I am very grateful for any information.

I haven't really gotten to the concealment part yet, I'll start bending it around next week, I have the Genesis MPP, surgeon said the rigicon is sort of mechanical feeling and that the Genesis would feel more natural, I'm not real sure what he meant by mechanical...
I'm more than happy with the length and girth I have with the MPP, I have only experienced receiving oral with it so far and it was fantastic with all the feeling I had of the olden days.
I wasn't made aware of the MPP's the first time around either, IPP's were the only thing talked about.
What are the problems with the IPP that you have ?

Return to “Implants”