Having a scare over implant infection

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
OregonStrong

Having a scare over implant infection

Postby OregonStrong » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:49 pm

I just got back from a trip to Puerto Vallarta, MX for a big gay event there, and had sex multiple times, both being a top and a bottom. Everything seemed fine til 2 days ago, when I felt pretty tired and a bit nauseated all day, which I attributed to a hangover from the night before, but my hangovers usually are gone after 2 to 3 hrs and this lingered all day. That night got a bit of sore throat, but started to feel some discomfort in the left groin. I then had some low grade fever, which spiked to a fever of 103.3 as of early this morning with worsening left lower abdominal pain. It's right in the area of my reservoir. It's really tender to touch over my abdomen in that area and when I tug a bit on the tubing that comes out of my groin to my implant bulb, it hurts. I don't see visible swelling, there's no redness. No difficulty or pain with urination. I have no diarrhea. Doesn't feel like lymph nodes are enlarged. Home COVID test negative.
Going to get a full STD panel tomorrow to double check, but this feels like diverticulitis to me, but scared I got an infection that's affecting my reservoir area. Had a few leftover augmentin from an older Rx, have thought about taking that but I need to get my regular PCP to try to get me in tomorrow or maybe I should just start it preemtively? I am hoping there isn't an infection happening. I am on PreP by the way also for HIV prevention.
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

DeadlineDave

Re: Having a scare over implant infection

Postby DeadlineDave » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:37 pm

If your PCP cannot see you, I urge you to go to an urgent care facility. Who knows what it is, but 103 degrees is concerning.
71 years old. Implanted 1/2/2024 with AMS LGX, 18cm with 4cm rear extenders by Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin, TX.

rdnkbiker

Postby rdnkbiker » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:43 am

im not a doctor but how would your implant be infected after 3 years all healed a long time ago..... i would think once all open wounds are closed there would be no chance of infection as far as the implant or revisor was concerned just my thought
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:12 pm

rdnkbiker wrote:im not a doctor but how would your implant be infected after 3 years all healed a long time ago..... i would think once all open wounds are closed there would be no chance of infection as far as the implant or revisor was concerned just my thought

I saw my doctor and neither of us can figure out what's going on. I am on day 5 now of fever, 102.3 again this morning. I've had a normal CBC test, a negative COVID, influenza test. I'm on antibiotics and the left lower abdomen pain is better than it was, which is reassuring to me. I've got some infection somewhere, but clueless as to where its coming from. Still waiting on an HIV test though.

I'm probably psyching myself out too. This big event in Mexico I went to I had sex way more often than I've ever done before, so that put it in my head that I did something to cause this.
50 yrs old. E.D. issues started around age 35, combo venous leak/testicular failure. Bilateral testicular implants for severely atrophic testes. Implanted 6/11/20 Dr. Kramer LGX 21cm + 1.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:01 am

I’ve read and hear on video from Eid and Perito that as time goes past implant date the like of infection drops dramatically! And seeing there’s a very small % of risk to start with the likelihood of an infection over 3 years post implant is highly unlikely.
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

OregonStrong

Postby OregonStrong » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:08 am

Just an update, thankfully pain has subsided, swelling gone, no more fever. Turns out I contracted Dengue fever. How or why it caused lower abdominal pain left sided, doc has no idea. I don't wish anyone to have that virus. Every part of me hurt for about 5 to 6 days.

Return to “Implants”