Cavernosa reconstruction with bioengineering

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
indeed

Cavernosa reconstruction with bioengineering

Postby indeed » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:39 am

I came across a imo very interesting study:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-16192-x
"The biodegradable scaffolds, along with MDSCs, are implanted into corpus cavernosa defects in a rabbit model to show good histocompatibility with no immunological rejection, support vascularized tissue ingrowth, and promote neovascularisation to repair the defects. Evaluation of morphology, intracavernosal pressure, elasticity and shrinkage of repaired cavernous tissue prove that the bioengineered corpora scaffolds repair the defects and recover penile erectile and ejaculation function successfully."

We're probably not gonna see a full cavernosa reconstruction in our lifetimes, but those scaffolds could theoretically already be used to form some new cavernosa tissue around implants. Getting more natural bloodflow, preventing erosion, much more natural feeling. Man this would be amazing. Not hopeful that people would get access to this any time soon, but sill very interesting!
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

Hillywilly

Re: Cavernosa reconstruction with bioengineering

Postby Hillywilly » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:11 am

I firmly disagree; the future holds a distinct promise of witnessing complete corpora cavernosa reconstruction within our lifetimes. Harvard scientists are currently pushing the boundaries with human trials for a groundbreaking pill. This pill, if successful, could revolutionize aging, potentially extending our youth and lifespan well beyond a century – an astounding prospect backed by encouraging results from animal models.

Also, consider the transformative power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the realm of Research and Development. AI is not merely catching up; it's surpassing human capabilities. In protein structure definition, a task that traditionally consumes 2-3 years of a human Ph.D.'s time, AI accomplishes it with astonishing speed, completing the task in a matter of minutes.

Furthermore, the trajectory of medical innovation points unwaveringly toward the advent of 3D bioprinting within the next 20 years, if not sooner. The prediction that younger individuals might undergo 2-3 revisions in their lifetime is akin to predicting the weather 10, 20, or 30 years from now. We simply cannot predict the standards of care in the dynamic landscape of medical advancement. In a mere decade, the state of modern medicine will likely be beyond our current imagination, as we are on a trajectory of exponential progress rather than linear growth. The transformative potential on the horizon is not only exciting but also underscores the urgency of embracing the limitless possibilities that lie ahead.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:08 pm

indeed wrote:I came across a imo very interesting study:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-16192-x
"The biodegradable scaffolds, along with MDSCs, are implanted into corpus cavernosa defects in a rabbit model to show good histocompatibility with no immunological rejection, support vascularized tissue ingrowth, and promote neovascularisation to repair the defects. Evaluation of morphology, intracavernosal pressure, elasticity and shrinkage of repaired cavernous tissue prove that the bioengineered corpora scaffolds repair the defects and recover penile erectile and ejaculation function successfully."

We're probably not gonna see a full cavernosa reconstruction in our lifetimes, but those scaffolds could theoretically already be used to form some new cavernosa tissue around implants. Getting more natural bloodflow, preventing erosion, much more natural feeling. Man this would be amazing. Not hopeful that people would get access to this any time soon, but sill very interesting!

I don't think the researchers mention using this technology "to form some new cavernosa tissue around implants", but to repair defects. Thus restoring erectile function and eliminating the need for an implant at all
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

indeed

Postby indeed » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:25 am

Yes they don't mention it, what i meant is, they are not ready to fully restore a cavernosa yet, but technically they would be ready to restore some of it.
Anyway, i really hope we get access to some form of it in the future :)

Lost Sheep wrote:I don't think the researchers mention using this technology "to form some new cavernosa tissue around implants", but to repair defects. Thus restoring erectile function and eliminating the need for an implant at all
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

Return to “Implants”